Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hexis

Close up images of the Wave 4 ships

23 posts in this topic

FFG has the Wave 4 ships in the display case at the Games Center, so I took my handy dandy camera over.

The entire set of Wave 4 images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hexis/sets/72157643139942695/

13502778155_97d96f4687.jpg

13502779945_b0a10a8c35.jpg

13503120594_29ee07a8e7.jpg

13502779795_113fcf4c7a.jpg

I also got some more images of the huge ships, and a couple of good images of the new X-Wing paint job.

The whole set:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/hexis/sets/72157643139942635/

13502778025_ae60e1967b.jpg

13502869163_55fa9f9213.jpg

13502778105_d70290c706.jpg

I don't know man, that headhunter looks like it could use a repaint.. that blue stripe down the side looks a little messy.. and. I'm going with a repaint idea I saw a while back. Red and white stripes across the nose, red on the wing tips.. should be easy and fun to do.. 

Thanks for the pix Hexis.. that was awesome of you to do.

Edited by oneway
TomRK, TK4334 and LeoHowler like this

God I love that transport... but I'm increasingly impressed with the details and quality of the TIE units that are coming out. Not digging the blue on the Z-95 but hey, repainting is part of the fun of this game for me. Thanks for the pics!

MorBlooD likes this

Some dam fine work cant wait to add these to the fleets, thanks mate! Think iv waited forever for the tie phantom, defender, HWK-290, Z-95 ship models and needless to say the iconic tantive iv and Rebel trans  :P

Edited by MorBlooD

I cant wait too play with these!!!

Though I have seen better artwork versions of the E-wing, the wing looks a little bit to wide and the lasers a bit too small, though that wont stop me from getting 4 to play with! :D

And the TIE's are awesome! I love the Phantom!

A question, how much articulation is there on the Tantive's turrets? just turning or turning and up and down?

A question, how much articulation is there on the Tantive's turrets? just turning or turning and up and down?

It's all behind glass, so I have not been able to actually touch anything.  Just look at it longingly.

I've a question:

How is the E-Wing pilot supposed to get in and out the cockpit without taking out the laser?

My own guess is the weapon either turns to the left or right, or can turn upwards. I know it's a bit trivial compared to how cool the model is, but I must know the answer.

I've a question:

How is the E-Wing pilot supposed to get in and out the cockpit without taking out the laser?

My own guess is the weapon either turns to the left or right, or can turn upwards. I know it's a bit trivial compared to how cool the model is, but I must know the answer.

The gun is in two pieces. The cockpit slides forward, along with most of the barrel.

I've a question:

The gun is in two pieces. The cockpit slides forward, along with most of the barrel.

I knew there had to be a better explanation than my stupid "barrel sticks up" approach. Thank you.

Good image of the E-Wing with the pilot and astromech access visible:

Ewing_cockpit.jpg

The astromech cover (with most of the laser) slides back, and the barrel stays on the cockpit top.

I'm sure there are other interpretations/implementations.  It's just a drawing or digital model after all.

TomRK likes this

Good god....that E-Wing looks like a shortbus X-wing...I hate that design so much.

Yeah... I don't like the E-wing design either. That Tie Defender though... Awesome. 

Agree, the up close the E-wing looks awful, also why would you design a ship that has a gun blocking your pilots vision?

That defender tho, my god its awesome.

Something seems a little off about the Phantoms cockpit too but I can't quite place what.

Edited by KovuTalli

Something seems a little off about the Phantoms cockpit too but I can't quite place what.

Remember, the Phantom is a two-seater, and people board the fighter from bellow.

They all look great to me. However I think the E-wing, when Dark Horse comics had a go of it design-wise, looked like it could have used something on that top rear fuselage. Maybe a third engine to give it a more aggressive, beefed up look instead of trying to be another slick, lean fighter like the A-wing. They kept it faithful to the design that was already out there, IMO.