Sign in to follow this  
Rasconzo

Mini card storage

Hey everyone. First, I want to thank everyone for all the helpful links and advice that I have received as a new player. It's been very informative.

I recently purchased two Plano 3950 boxes for my ships and another Plano for token and movement pieces. Putting everything away today (it's stupid how excited I get by organization) I had the question... How do you store the mini cards?

This is the first game I have ever encountered cards of this size. I bought protective sleeves for them when I places my large splurge order last week, so they are in those. Aside from that I just have them laying in my box. I know for the standard cards I can just go get some binder card sheets to organize and display them... But for the smaller cards I haven't been able to find any other options. Thinking I might look at the store tomorrow for a small/deep Plano style box to organize them in.

What's everyone else using?

Storables has a small plastic box with a locking lid in the kitchen stuff that fits the sleeved cards with a bit of side slop (not enough to be an issue). Ironically, Storables also has another small box in the storage box area that fits the cards even better... if they aren't sleeved.

I use Ultra Pro 100 count clear deck boxes

81162.jpg

You can get them at Wal-Mart or any card store.  I then took a comic book backing board and cut a piece to make 2 slots.  The upgrade cards can stand up just fine, and you can get 2 rows in one box.  One would hold well over 100 cards in sleeves or 200 bare.

Edited by Bjorn Rockfist

2 inch coin card pages for the small cards, and trading card pages for the big cards. keep them all in a binder...The damage decks i keep together in one slot in my battle foam bag..

And the cards fit in/are completely covered in coin slot pages? Didn't even think about that. Where do you get those at?

I use a card binder from Ultra Pro. It's side loading so it's easy to put all the small cards in 2 a pocket next to each other and easy to get them out.

I have been interested in trying this.  Do they slide around a bunch resulting in having to constatly refitting them?

I use a card binder from Ultra Pro. It's side loading so it's easy to put all the small cards in 2 a pocket next to each other and easy to get them out.

I have been interested in trying this.  Do they slide around a bunch resulting in having to constatly refitting them?

Nope, not at all.  I use a Monster Protector binder but I'd imagine its the same way.

Nope, not at all.  I use a Monster Protector binder but I'd imagine its the same way.

Cool.

Just watched a review on Youtube and am seriously into it now.

Might be spending some more cash on this game soon. ^_^

I have two binders with Trading Card protector pages in them for my pilot cards (one for each faction). In general, one page for each ship type, although some have two. That way, each pilot card is easy to find.

I've also taken the text from the rules booklet and copied it into a Word Document, cleaned it up (visually, not changing any text) and added the rules from the Large Ship inserts and the FAQ. I printed out two copies and have that in the binders as well, so each side has a copy of the rules, all the missions, and the FAQ.

I've been told I'm a little CDO about this game.

Edited by Gullwind

I have two binders with Trading Card protector pages in them for my pilot cards (one for each faction). In general, one page for each ship type, although some have two. That way, each pilot card is easy to find.

I've also taken the text from the rules booklet and copied it into a Word Document, cleaned it up (visually, not changing any text) and added the rules from the Large Ship inserts and the FAQ. I printed out two copies and have that in the binders as well, so each side has a copy of the rules, all the missions, and the FAQ.

I've been told I'm a little CDO about this game.

My kind of thinking ;)

For simplicities sake, I put my upgrade cards in the zip-lok bags that the stands are in, then set them in the plano case I use. The red one with the lid that also has a small case built in. My pilot cards are also in cut bags from the company as well. I stack them in the bottom part in the large area there.

I find card binders more crap to carry around and really don't like digging through binders to find cards... but that's a personal thing.. lol.. played a couple card games over the years and just hate fussing with binders.. have always used card boxes for keeping them.. (no magic.. hate it.. but L5R, and the Shadowrun TCG when it was out and popular in the late 90s)

Edited by oneway

Business card binders are great for upgrade cards for two reasons:

1. You get to choose between many sizes, shapes and numebrs of cards per page, so you're very likely to find one that fits your other components' box.

2. Business cards are slightly larger that upgrade cards allowing for each pocket to fit a bunch of duplicate cards you may have (although you'd still need at least two pockets for all those Proton Torpedoes!!)

I use a mini binder that has 4 pockets per page and metal covers. Keeps stuff organised and easy to find when needed.

I asked FFG this question a while ago.

Their answer was to say they had no short term plans to produce a box for the small cards.

I use the KR Multicase foam boxes for my X wing models and cards. One tray has a place for the damage cards but not the upgrade cards. So I made my own from mounting board with a hinge from insulating tape and dividers cut from thin cardboard(sold to print your own business cards).

2 inch coin card pages for the small cards, and trading card pages for the big cards. keep them all in a binder...The damage decks i keep together in one slot in my battle foam bag..

And the cards fit in/are completely covered in coin slot pages? Didn't even think about that. Where do you get those at?

I ordered them from amazon. the cards fit in fine "sideways" up to 9 cards can fit in a slot.. I was wrong in my previous post the coin pages are 2.5 by 2.5 NOT 2 inch!!!  (12 Pocket Coin Storage Pages for 2.5x2.5 Holders PACK of 10 GuardHouse Shield)  just plug that into amazon...also by keeping them in a binder they are easy to flip to and through all the various cards! my binder is a trapper keeper Pro platinum. it zips completely shut for added security..

Edited by Swedge

Here's the binder I got with a sticker on the front and back I picked up from ebay. Fits all my pilots and upgrade cards with lots of room to spare.

IMG_0101_zps57a48381.jpg

IMG_0103_zps2e1eacde.jpg

IMG_0104_zpscb82c936.jpg

what kind of card page is that? haven't seen one that holds both sized cards?  or are the slots the same size? hard to tell in the picture? 

Edited by Swedge