Sign in to follow this  
darthmax1

Auto blasters

I honestly think one on a B-Wing would be a neat surprise.

Fielding an autoblaster will certainly surprise the opponent.

Especially if interceptors take off, autoblaster will be huge then.

Try to catch an interceptor at range 1. B-Wing with advanced sensors and EU might manage.

Maybe Autoblasters will acquire a new meaning when mounted on TIE-Defenders... Specially against those pesky E-Wings and A-wings.

That could be.

Right now there are three ships that can mount them.  I'm thinking there are much better things to spend 5 points on with the Shuttle than a weapon system you may find impossible to line up shots with against the kinds of targets you want Autoblaster against.  Perhaps Fettigator can work with the Autoblaster but maneuvering a Firespray into position may not be all that easy and then you have that rear arc as well.

I honestly think one on a B-Wing would be a neat surprise.

Fielding an autoblaster will certainly surprise the opponent.

Especially if interceptors take off, autoblaster will be huge then.

Try to catch an interceptor at range 1. B-Wing with advanced sensors and EU might manage.

I did have hyper-mobile typed in but I took it out. 2 b-wing with autoblaster and headhunters to fill out list would throw enough blockers to mess with them

If the B-Wing with Advanced Sensors and Engine Upgrade is "hyper-mobile" what is the version where we also throw in PtL?

It costs way too many points but Ten + PtL + AS + EU + Autoblaster gives a PS8 ship that can do all kinds of crazy things hopefully to end up with someone in front of it at R1 where it unloads nearly unblockable damage.  Now this is where I could see the Autoblaster working but here I believe it is overkill/overpriced as 4 dice instead of 3 are often sufficient.

If the B-Wing with Advanced Sensors and Engine Upgrade is "hyper-mobile" what is the version where we also throw in PtL?

It costs way too many points but Ten + PtL + AS + EU + Autoblaster gives a PS8 ship that can do all kinds of crazy things hopefully to end up with someone in front of it at R1 where it unloads nearly unblockable damage.  Now this is where I could see the Autoblaster working but here I believe it is overkill/overpriced as 4 dice instead of 3 are often sufficient.

I call it "Stupidly mobile", but I'm actually starting to prefer the Daredevil variant. THERE's a stupid amount of mobility for you!

Daredevil, Engine Upgrade, a native Barrel Roll and being able to do one of those thing before moving because of Advanced Sensors (or afterwards like normal) is a  pretty crazy number of options.  The hard turn from DD followed by the hard 2 would have the B-Wing facing the opposite direction and "behind" where it started.

Daredevil, Engine Upgrade, a native Barrel Roll and being able to do one of those thing before moving because of Advanced Sensors (or afterwards like normal) is a  pretty crazy number of options.  The hard turn from DD followed by the hard 2 would have the B-Wing facing the opposite direction and "behind" where it started.

Ah, but with the SAME revealed maneuver, you could Daredevil to force it into a forward maneuver instead of a backward one. With Engine Upgrade as well, there's now 5 different angles you could be facing when you reveal that turn...

How to kill interceptors

Lesson 1: Equip a ship with an Autoblaster

Lesson 2: Shoot

Here endeth the lesson!

Grade: D-

Reason:  You fail to account for one MAJOR step in there.  While a ship with an Autoblaster can be MURDER to TIE Interceptors (and Fighter) you still have to be able to LINE UP THE RANGE 1 SHOT.  You may see enough low PS Fighters that getting one in your sights isn't too hard but against a high PS interceptor getting that R1 shot can be impossible.