Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pppalma

Battletech LCG?

33 posts in this topic

Do you think they'd double up on "Far Future Mechanized Warfare set in a Crapsack Universe?" Thus far all the LCGs have been pretty distinct from one another.

Edited by Grimwalker

I would love to see collaboration between Catalyst Game Labs and FFG. CGL could help build up and flesh out the RPG and Fiction areas at FFG and FFG could, FINALY, help CGL create miniatures that don't suck. The licenses held by both companies would compliment each other as well.

I would love to see collaboration between Catalyst Game Labs and FFG. CGL could help build up and flesh out the RPG and Fiction areas at FFG and FFG could, FINALY, help CGL create miniatures that don't suck. The licenses held by both companies would compliment each other as well.

Awesome

There is a big resurgence in Battletech right now, both as a tabletop mixtures game and as one of the few sic fi IPs at the very top of a short list. SW, ST, 40K, and BT are a class unto themselves. I can't think of any other sci fi license that has touched multiple generations of fans the way these four have.

I still think CGL would be a good fit for Asmodee NA. There expertise in fiction and IP management along with there understanding of getting the most out of freelancers would be a plus to many of Asmodee's  companies. The big issue is that all of CGLs IPs are licensed, mostly from Topps. Maybe Asmodee could pressure Topps to sell them the IPs.

Wow, old topic.

I never got to play much of the original Battletech tabletop game. I got into the universe thanks to the video games and novels. When the CCG released my group was big into Magic. I was the only one to ever buy any Battletech but I loved the mechanics. Especially the way resources worked. Even with terrible draws, I never felt like I couldn't do anything.

There were so many other great mechanics. Such as speed, attack zones, and the way construction worked.

I'd definitely be interested in a Battletech LCG (if done well) but I doubt it will happen since Catalyst Games currently holds the IP.

Catalyst Games currently holds the IP.

CGL has a license for the RPG and fiction. Topps owns the IP. Microsoft owns the digital IP. Iron Wind Metals has a license for mixtures but it is not exclusive. HareBrained Schemes has the license for digital games. Board game, card game, toy, and merchandising rights are currently available (as of summer 2016 licensing show)

I really hope that when FFG release Battletech again (in my dreams at least) stick to the core mechanics of the original, giving some flavor and art update only. (Make cards nice and easier to difference on clan from other, or from Support Cards)