Sign in to follow this  
MyNeighbourTrololo

Fifth full sphere?

I'm just curoius, if FFG were to introduce.an entirely new full sphere (not saga-like), how would you react? Let's ignore all things that would break (example: master's malice, narvy's belt) for that purpose and assume that eveything would work well in terms of sphere-involving-mechanics.

Like Oder of Silver Twilight expansion for Call of Cthulhu LCG where they introduced entirely new faction with ton of cards for it.

More cards is always good, and I'd buy it nicely as an expansion. But would it be introduced as a regular sphere (including cards in every release) I'd wouldn't like it. That would mean less cards for each sphere, and less development of already stablished/started traits and temes (ex. Secrecy, Gondor, Hobbits).

More cards is always good, and I'd buy it nicely as an expansion. But would it be introduced as a regular sphere (including cards in every release) I'd wouldn't like it. That would mean less cards for each sphere, and less development of already stablished/started traits and temes (ex. Secrecy, Gondor, Hobbits).

You do realize that new sphere is not prohibited from using old traits and themes, like Secrecy, Gondor and Hobbits? :)

I've thought about this a lot and the conclusion I came to is that the game can't really support it. I don't see that there is really a unique sign space for the sphere given the framework of the game, and it would also affect the adventure pack card distribution. The latter is minor compared to the former, and if they were able to resolve the former I would like to see it eventually. But really the card pool is still pretty shallow and we still need to flesh out the existing spheres before adding another. And that goes for Neutral too even though it is "not a sphere".

I think they instead are trying to make Neutral cards more easily implemented into decks. They had seemed more random at first, now they are beginning to play a more significant part.

The song cards came first. Not sure I share the sentiment that those are "random" :P

Actually, when I initially read this thread, I had a thought totally outside of the box.  What if they went in a completely different direction?  What if they created four new spheres where you play as the enemy?  How cool would that be?  As far as a new sphere as we know it, I don't really think I could get too excited about it.  Like some have said, there are other decks to support like Secrecy first.

Actually, when I initially read this thread, I had a thought totally outside of the box.  What if they went in a completely different direction?  What if they created four new spheres where you play as the enemy?  How cool would that be?  As far as a new sphere as we know it, I don't really think I could get too excited about it.  Like some have said, there are other decks to support like Secrecy first.

Gunny - I proposed that on the general LCG page once and then later said that it won't really work.  The framework of the game would have to be completely changed.  Now, I'm all for them developing a good player vs player LOTR LCG, but I don't think it should be built on the bones of this game.  It would restrict things too much.