Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Cope

How About a BattleLore HC Scenario Book?

So, Tide of Iron got a beautiful HC scenario book.

Now I read that one is in the works for Descent.

FFG, how about a nice scenario book for BattleLore? Seems like a perfect complimentary product to me!

Personally I'd like to see an official campaign system with random terrain creation rather than a book of scenarios, I mean we've got 50 odd official scenarios now and will (hopefully) continue to get 2 or three per release, that'll do me.

However a campaign system would rock (I think mines ok but it would be interesting to see an official version on glossy paper and cards and everything) and give me far more replay-ability (see my sig to down load my system)

Chris

One of them is mine, I know that there was a french 'terrain' project that looked a lot more like the official expansions and there were a couple of other campaign ideas but can't recall the details of them.

Chris

I would be totally down for a Hardcover Scenario anc Campaign Book for Battlelore.  :) 

Hopefully this book would have pages that would support just the core product along with some scenarios that would support the expansions. I think it would be nice to see some objective based scenarios rather than just scenarios that end on players reaching a certain score by defeating units.

If I had to make a choice I would want in the following order:

1, Downloadable Scenario Creation Software that was very flexable and then allowed you to upload your scenarios onto a site like what was done at DOW.

2. Official Campaign System.

3. Nice Scenario Book like the books for Tide Of Iron or Memoir 44.

Man I wish this site had a private message facility...

Anyways, Jackews if you can cope with un-official mapping ideas follow the link in my signature and download the zip file it has some maps you can use (should give you approx 250 different battle boards, use it with CtA and it should keep you happy til something official comes our way).  Right self plugging finished now I'll leave you to your normal forum messages ;-).

Chris

Jakews said:

I would be totally down for a Hardcover Scenario anc Campaign Book for Battlelore.  :) 

Hopefully this book would have pages that would support just the core product along with some scenarios that would support the expansions. I think it would be nice to see some objective based scenarios rather than just scenarios that end on players reaching a certain score by defeating units.

Yeah, one of the best things about the scenarios in the Memoir '44 Campaign Book is that they ensure that objectives MATTER. I'd love to see BattleLore scenarios that included securing a bridge or capturing a village or destroying a fortress or kill a specially flagged unit as a key goal.