Followers 0
Tracker1

Lotr LCG Duplicate Tournament (solo)

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just finished up the Tournament.

We had 18 participants.

You can read the rest of my report and see players game reports at this link

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1142011/lotr-lcg-duplicate-tournament-solo/page/4

Our very own FFG user Glowwyrm was the winner with a score of 55! :o

Also after looking at each players report, no two players played the same exact game even though encounter decks and player decks were set in the same order.  Each game varied significantly.  Very neat to see.

Raven1015 likes this

Nice "experiment"/tournament! I guess this really goes to show that gameplay choices play as much of a part in game outcomes as deck building.

I didn't realize I could use Faramir the way Glowwyrm did on the last turn, but then I went back and looked at the card and you can.  LOL still learning the game!

Thanks for putting it together Tracker!  It was a cool idea, and it was fun to see how other people approached the same scenario!

Another good time was had by all, and thanks to BGG user lwdgames for hosting it.

18 people dared to travel Into The Pit, and 12 of them (66%) made it out alive.

Congratulations to...

1st Place - Fanfan (score: 85) wins 25.25

2nd Place - xanalor (score: 90) wins 15.15

3rd Place - Tracker1 (score: 98) wins 10.1

Everyone else gets 3.37 for participating.

The remaining scores were:

4th(tie) - 101

4th(tie) - 101

6th - 112

7th(tie) - 113

7th(tie) - 113

9th - 117

10th - 120

11th - 124

12th - 129

There are a food number of players who are interested in keeping this tournament format going, so feel free to join in the next one if you like. I'll keep you posted on the details of the next one.

Edited by Tracker1

I somehow missed that. It sounds fun.  :)  Perhaps I will eventually create an account on BGG.

Two questions:

1) Do the players know the encounter cards? And if yes, wouldn't that be too easy?

2) Is one core set enough to play?

Edited by leptokurt

I somehow missed that. It sounds fun.  :)  Perhaps I will eventually create an account on BGG.

Two questions:

1) Do the players know the encounter cards? And if yes, wouldn't that be too easy?

It'd be great to have you participate.

Players do not know encounter deck order before hand. Follow one of the links above and find where one of the posts lists the encounter and player card decks, each card is contained within a spoiler, and when clicked on reveals the card. It's a format that seems to work well.

All the tournaments thus far have used 1 core, and it will probably stay this way to be inclusive to all players.

Two questions:

Players do not know encounter deck order before hand. Follow one of the links above and find where one of the posts lists the encounter and player card decks, each card is contained within a spoiler, and when clicked on reveals the card. It's a format that seems to work well.

All the tournaments thus far have used 1 core, and it will probably stay this way to be inclusive to all players.

Oh, that's how you solved it! Very clever, sir!

Ok, so I'm going to open an account over there. CU :)

I somehow missed that. It sounds fun. :) Perhaps I will eventually create an account on BGG.

Two questions:

Oh, that's how you solved it! Very clever, sir!

Ok, so I'm going to open an account over there. CU :)

Great.

On the Lotr LCG BGG site you can subscribe to the the whole family of Lotr core + expansions. Any new post to any of those forums will be indicated at the top of the page next to a little subscription icon.

I also like to subscribe to any threads i am following, so when the next tournament is posted you'll want to do this too.

I'll also post when the tournament get started here if you do not want to start checking a whole new site.

Edited by Tracker1