Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

The "Woot! I have JOY" thread!

Just got mine, too. I really like that they've given us both a (mostly) wilderness type adventure, and now a cosmopolitan one. Juggle in AoR's (presumably) militaristic adventures and F&D's (again, presumably) good vs. evil adventures, and the variety is gonna be off the chart. And that's what appeals to me most about any Star Wars rpg - the variety.  :)

I just wanted to point out that... this is a really good point.

Just got it.

I skimmed though it and was kind of disapointed no new gear or weapons, I realize this is an adventure book, but one or two things would have been nice.

Still worth the buy though!

I was kinda thankful for that, actually. Maybe my players won't dig through it now before I have a chance to run it :P

Hopefully today or tomorrow my copy will arrive!
Haven't had a session for a month now because I've been getting the X-Wing community organized. Pretty successful I'd say considering we have 20 officially in the group now. Ran a tournament last weekend that went pretty well. Excited for the next

Finally got mine! For those wondering, a quick skim through the book revealed a few new crunchy thingies:

• BlasTech Relby-K23 Blaster Pistol
  • Aratech Arrow-7 Airspeeder (precursor to the Arrow-17 of the New Republic era)
  • Nubia Star Drives Courier-class Star Yacht
  • Plus three or so new creatures (Rawwks, Velkers, and Tibannucks)

I will have to wait a few weeks to buy the book yet so... I will send a gif of a cute puppy dog to anyone that PM me Lando stats XD

I have seen a few preview and, again, art its just awesome! Anyone knows if illustrators have a Deviantart page or else?

Stopped by  my local comic/gaming shop and there it was on the new release shelf.  So I have my copy but I am still reading the main rules so kind of saving it for now.  I have flipped through it real quick though so it looks awesome  :D

Muskoka, Ontario, Canada.  I have JoY.  Without having a deep look inside,  I can tell you that there is a great adventure in here.  Also fantastic art and characters.

I would be remiss if I didn't also mention a bit of crunch that seemingly has been overlooked up until now.  There are four vehicle "Upgrades" in the Cloud City Grand Prix" section.  

I'll just leave that here.

Any new skills? Beyond the Rim added an optional cybernetics skill.

Nope. This is all heist action, where success is determined by how well your party can prepare beforehand. Also their ability to role play as they convince patrons to bid higher and higher for the Jewel. Plenty opportunity for big money rewards if the party do well.

There are new ship upgrades though.

Hi guys, I have a little problem with JoY. The racers in JoY all suck compared to my PC's pilot. I want to up the ante...

I want your permission to add Darth Vader to the race. I was thinking Sebulba, but hey, I think this is a great chance to dazzle the gamers. Maybe add a weakpoint, that Captain Ozzel is Darth Vader's gunner. Honestly though, I'm not sure if this would sit well with my group. Two of them don't nearly know enough Star Wars to realize how this would break canon (actually, I'm not sure if it breaks any established EU at all). The other two know their Star Wars pretty well. I've never introduced a Star Wars Film character to the campaign before, and I can't just ask them because that would be spoiling the surprise.

So my question: The game's been pretty serious in Star Wars lore. If Darth Vader shows up at the race as a last minute entry, and you're a hot shot pilot, are you pleased or do you think the game has jumped the shark?

Alright, thanks guys. I'll just stick with Sebulba.

I was kinda thinking that Sith Lords also partake in enjoyment as well... I mean, Emperor Palpatine collects art. Darth Vader's office is known to be spartan though. I guess he just likes meditating and torturing himself over Padme all day. That's what Vader does. "Eugh. I need another Padme flashback."

You've made up your mind, but I wanted to post this anyway. . . .

***EDIT***

Astounding. I just wasted my 1,000th post on a giant shark chasing The Fonz. . . .

I only hope my 1,000th post is as epic.

To make this post actually meaningful to the thread and conversation... As a player I'm not a huge fan of seeing the big players in the Star Wars universe. I'd rather forget they even exist. One question I ask myself, how well known is Vader amoungst the people of the galaxy? Did Han and Luke recognize him in A New Hope? To put things in a real life perspective, I don't know the names of any army generals unless they are the ones on the talk shows. Something tells me that Vader doesn't do the talk show circuit. However, generals report up to Vader. So, would he be like a Vice President or something? Does his high stature in the org make him a target for the paparazzi? Does the media report on his actions and whereabouts? Does the general population know that he was a Jedi? Or is he just a mystery that shows up in some news reports every once in a while when his ships do something important.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't feel it's a good idea to have Vader show up. EotE timeline is during the rebellion, so Vader has more important things to do than go racing. I could see an argument for him taking time off to go racing during peace times, but it'd probably be like Joe Biden showing up to go racing and that just wouldn't happen.