Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

The "Woot! I have JOY" thread!

Although we're still at least a couple of days away from wide spread distribution of Jewel of Yavin, why don't we get the victory party off now? Who gets "I have it first" bragging rights? Who gets to gnash their teeth at lack of joy in their lives?

What new ships are in it if you don't mind my asking? My group is pretty happy with the weapons and gear our characters currently have but new ships to use as allies, enemies, or new purchases for the party are always welcome, and we're debating whether to pool cash buy it now or wait since many of us will be tight on money for the next few weeks.

I go to my FLGS tomorrow to see if it will have arrived.

I'm not even going to start looking until Friday. Unlike Dangerous Covenants, I cant instantly tear into the book in a reading frenzy - we're still in the middle of Beyond the Rim. So while I want it, my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that I wont be able to actually look inside once I do get it.

Bets on whether we'll get up to page 8 without ANY info being given this time. :P

I think that entirely depends on who gets the book first. Some readers are very (I would say overly) guarded with what spoilers they reveal.

I'm hoping the that I can get one of my players to run this for me. So hopefully any spoilers will be revealed in the GM forum, which I can avoid those threads.

Unfortunately, I'll probably end up running this one too.

Bets on whether we'll get up to page 8 without ANY info being given this time. :P

I think that entirely depends on who gets the book first. Some readers are very (I would say overly) guarded with what spoilers they reveal.

True!  I know I fall into that crowd, but I would say I'm more overly busy than overly guarded.  I can spend my austere free time reading or typing stuff that you'll all see in a week anyway and not finishing the book myself.   

Since I'm a showman at heart, I love the slow reveal and that sweet, sweet anticipation of the unknown; and as a showman, it's my job to share that experience!  I know, it drives many of you nuts....  

I think in my case, since I'm the primary GM for our group at least for Star Wars, I will be getting this and reading it through. Basic things like equipment a vehicles for the most part aren't an issue for me to reveal. At least Bespin vs. the Wheel are two destination alternatives once the players finish with Long Arm of the Hutt.

I'm looking forward to see what stuff in it is useable beyond the flow of the adventure itself. The Jawa skiff, for example, from Beyond the Rim is a neat little piece to give me a profile for a suitable speeder in LAotH.

In the meantime, I don't have Jewel of Yavin yet, but as an effective sourcebook for Cloud City, im waaaaiting impatiently for details :)

Edited by Agatheron

Themensch, there are some that would say you are a showman in the vein of George R. R. Martin.

I don't even own a captain's hat.  

[edit] Yet.  

[edit 2] USPS Says I'll have that JoY JoY JoY JoY down in my hands tomorrow.

Edited by themensch