Sign in to follow this  
DanteRotterdam

Favorite PC in your group?

Mine must be a little R2 unit Mechanic played by my best friend.

The player really captures the essence of R2's by being mischievous, somewhat dismissive, headstrong and arrogant in a real funny way.

You can always expect Deenine to pull some crap, but eventually he saves the day every time.

Granted, I'm kind of biased toward the PC I'm playing, that being a teenage Force-sensitive street rat with serious sweet tooth and definite confidence problems.  It's rather fun to play a character that's not designed to be a badass, which makes those moments when he does pull off something badass all the more enjoyable.  Of the other PCs in the group, I'm digging the feisty/sassy nature of the Mirialan Hired Gun/Demolitionist, though the Sullustan Explorer/Fringer certainly seems to be living up to the player's billing of "Wash of Firefly reincarnated as a Sullustan, complete with floral print shirts."

From past groups, there was a Squib Scoundrel from the last Saga Edition game I was in, with the player hitting all the high points of being a Squib while avoiding the "Kender *******" problems.

As a GM, the most unique PC I've been running with is a Trandoshan slicer who has a thing for kicking enemies in the kneecaps. He's also unlocked the force, swings a lightsaber he stole from an Imperial museum and likes building molotov cocktails with high-class wine he stole from a rich guy's Space Transport.

I figure he's got to be chaotic fun for his alignment or something.

The Twi'lek pilot. The player plays him well and he is the calm and mostly sane one of the group. He tries to counter act the trigger happy, shell shocked Merc and the paranoid mad scientist/engineer Tech, but there is only so much one sentient can do against that sea of insanity and delusion. Just have to ride it out and see where it takes him. :)

That's like asking which child is my favorite. But I only have one child, so here goes: we have a droid doctor. He gets played completely analytically, and takes everything literally. He has a bad habit of always blurting out his true name, and the group's true intentions, requiring other party members to shut him up. Whenever anyone doubts the groups skills he plays back holorecords of their previous exploits.

He uses his spare processing power to constantly narrate everything going on around him over a secure comm channel, as if he's dictating a novel. He also is constantly using his triumphs to earn boosts on future obscure medicine checks. If he ever finds a Chiss, wearing heavy armor, suffering from synox poisoning, and in his ship's med-bay, we're going to need a lot of boost die.

Oh, we've had some fun characters. There's my younger brother's Mad scientist Gand who once repaired a damaged ship's engine by swinging from some wires like a jungle vine.

In one game we had while visiting my cousins they proceeded to produce a Mon Calamari Bounty  Hunter "Doctor" who is basically a quack with an obsession with bio engineering.

He "made" my other cousin's PC, an insane, high Brawn Jawa. With a penchant for appearing unassuming until he whips out a light repeating blaster and shooting everyone in a room. 

At the beginning of our latest campaign our GM had one of those insane flashes of inspiration he's known for. He had those of us who wanted to draw up ideas for characters from the distant past of the Star Wars Galaxy, and ways they could survive into the EOTE era than he would pick one to become a character in the party.

My idea was a Jedi allied Privateer from the end of the Pius Dea era who had to order his main ship abandoned after being ambushed, and fled on a shuttle which took a hit that killed everyone on boar but him and damaged the hyperdrive. He jumped and came out of hyperspace almost 11,000 years later.

But the character who ended up winning was a Quarren (We house ruled the species) engineer from the Mandalorian Wars era Republic Navy, who served on Revan's flagship until being injured in battle, and hospitalized during the final campaign of the war. He was captured by pirates and carbon frozen on an asteroid base during the gap between the Mandalorian Wars and thr Jedi Civil War. The rest of the party found the asteroid base he had been left in during the first adventure and set him free.

And we have a Mon Calamari military historian (He's a fugitive on the run after publishing a paper which offered proof that Imperial claims of discovering Dac were false) whose specialty is pre-2000 BBY conflicts between the Republic and the Sith.

The historian loaned the engineer some of his books so the Quarren could learn about what happened while he was frozen, including books talking about the Great Galactic War. Now they constantly get into debates and arguments over rather Revan successfully seizing control of the Republic would have led to a full Republic victory against the Sith Empire from TOR without a decades long war and a second war. Sometimes we have to remind them that we're on a mission though thankfully never when any shooting is going on, At least not yet.

Archaeologist Chiss Force Sensitive on a series of holocron quests while everyone is grabbing for credits and civilization.

For a non-biased choice belonging to someone other than my beloved I'm loving both the Wookie who owes a Life Debt to a Trandoshan and wants to bury Wookie pelts on Kashyyyk under imperial blockade and the pair of smugglers who joined in trying to get their ship out of impound because that's some very entertaining interactions between the two.

In the group I GM, I don't have a favourite character. They are all just too hilarious. The player for the HK-51 droid actually uses speech conditions like HK-47 did, while the pilot is always wide eyed and flying high on booster blue. The Alderaanian nobleman is becoming strong in the force whilst the Clone Wars veteran is slowly drinking himself to death and the CIS noble is a morbidly obese ponce. It's too funny to watch them try to solve simple problems in the most roundabout ways.

In the group I play in, my favourite character is probably Dr. Jones: he's the archaeologist. He steals things from both the living and the dead. His justification for his blatant theft is that the stolen object is simply a relic that belongs in a museum. Consequently, he named our ship "The Museum". Everything is a relic and it belongs in a museum.

In the group I GM, I don't have a favourite character. They are all just too hilarious. The player for the HK-51 droid actually uses speech conditions like HK-47 did, while the pilot is always wide eyed and flying high on booster blue. The Alderaanian nobleman is becoming strong in the force whilst the Clone Wars veteran is slowly drinking himself to death and the CIS noble is a morbidly obese ponce. It's too funny to watch them try to solve simple problems in the most roundabout ways.

In the group I play in, my favourite character is probably Dr. Jones: he's the archaeologist. He steals things from both the living and the dead. His justification for his blatant theft is that the stolen object is simply a relic that belongs in a museum. Consequently, he named our ship "The Museum". Everything is a relic and it belongs in a museum.

This sounds like a HILARIOUS party!

I'd love to hear some more about some of the things they get up to. I like the variety in character types.

The GM for your group needs to have this PC run into Han Solo at some point. Although the universe imploding as a result of them existing in the same place/same time may prove a campaign ender...

This sounds like a HILARIOUS party!

I'd love to hear some more about some of the things they get up to. I like the variety in character types.

The first group? Or the one with Dr. Jones?