Sign in to follow this  
DraconPyrothayan

GosHWK

The Goshawk is the most maneuverable bird in the world, able to do full-speed flight through spaces that would snap other birds wings off. Watch a video on it at some point, they're amazing.

However, I was wondering if the HWK-270 could be kitted out for maneuverability as synergistically as the Lambda has.

For example:

Roark Garnet / Rebel Operative

+ Ion Cannon Turret

+ Engine Upgrade

+ Navigator

[31/28]

Navigator works surprisingly well on the HWK, because it has all 3 banks and 4/5 forwards.

Yes, you only have 1 Turn to choose from (a 2), and no koiograns, but the Engine upgrade and turret work well to ameliorate this problem.

Heck, I might consider knocking the EU off, bringing the points down to [27/24]!

What think ye? Does Ion/Navigator stand a better competitive shot than Blaster/Recon?

The Goshawk is the most maneuverable bird in the world, able to do full-speed flight through spaces that would snap other birds wings off. Watch a video on it at some point, they're amazing.

However, I was wondering if the HWK-270 could be kitted out for maneuverability as synergistically as the Lambda has.

For example:Roark Garnet / Rebel Operative

+ Ion Cannon Turret

+ Engine Upgrade

+ Navigator

[31/28]

Navigator works surprisingly well on the HWK, because it has all 3 banks and 4/5 forwards.

Yes, you only have 1 Turn to choose from (a 2), and no koiograns, but the Engine upgrade and turret work well to ameliorate this problem.

Heck, I might consider knocking the EU off, bringing the points down to [27/24]!

What think ye? Does Ion/Navigator stand a better competitive shot than Blaster/Recon?

Honestly I find that Ion Recon is the most competitive. I think Engine upgrade could be useful but the great thing about the Shuttle with engine upgrade is the lack of action reliance on the shuttle. The hawk seems to need his action...

The hawk seems to need his action...

This is why I steered clear of the Blaster Turret, the Moldy Crow, and Kyle Katarn. Without those upgrades/pilot, you're not action reliant at all.

Moreover, only Engine Upgrade is actionable out of this build. Navigator and Ion Turret are both independent. You'll be spending a good bit of time stressed, but you'll be able to shoot and not be shot at that often.

Hell, use Jan with Adrenaline Rush on top.

Even with this, the HWK is more of a buteo than an accipiter.

I had to look both of those up. <_<

So did I.

Basically, he said that they're more ...regular hawks than the maneuverable hawks.

Brilliantly said, though.

Being an apprentice falconer has its perks (other than the whole hunting with a bird-of-prey part).

Even with this, the HWK is more of a buteo than an accipiter.

I had to look both of those up. <_<
So did I.

Basically, he said that they're more ...regular hawks than the maneuverable hawks.

Brilliantly said, though.

Being an apprentice falconer has its perks (other than the whole hunting with a bird-of-prey part).

Got an extensive Raptortoire of bird puns, did we?

Should I egg you on, go feather with these myself, or beak off?

Revan is spot on with the comparison. As much as I love the HWK it's just never gonna be the bell of the ball, twisting around the battlefield.

However the only problem with that comparison is that the HWK it may be more of a buteo, but it hits like an accipiter. No matter how you look at it, it's a ship that's stuck in the middle of that analogy. I always try to include it in a list if I'm running rebels, navigator might work, however with the turret it's not needed, maybe Int agent with Garnet, to help decide where to put that ps12.

Revan is spot on with the comparison. As much as I love the HWK it's just never gonna be the bell of the ball, twisting around the battlefield.

However the only problem with that comparison is that the HWK it may be more of a buteo, but it hits like an accipiter. No matter how you look at it, it's a ship that's stuck in the middle of that analogy. I always try to include it in a list if I'm running rebels, navigator might work, however with the turret it's not needed, maybe Int agent with Garnet, to help decide where to put that ps12.

Navigator mitigates the turret's biggest weakness: Range 3.

It also works very defensively, allowing you to escape from Range 1, or by maintaining your actions/shooting ability if they moved to block, setting up for a collision.