Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Icareane

B-Wing repaint : Dagger squadron

36 posts in this topic

I agree with Revan. The paint job is excellent but the engines need something to make them pop. Maybe a yellowish or orangey glow so it doesn't blend so much with the engine cowling. Just out of curiosity how did you do your bases? Are they the stock bases or is it a third party one?

Thanks everyone!

I agree with the engines issue, they just don't pop enough with the base attachment in black.

I tried an orangey glow with some fluo paints this morning, should post some pics tomorrow.

On the next one I will try to deport the attachment below the engines to see if it works better.

The base is the standard base, with the plastic rod replaced by a brass one.

A 3*2mm magnet was glued on top with an araldite drop to allow ship rotation.

The base was then basecoated in black. I used my airbrush to paint white streaks, before tinting parts of the base with ultramarine blue and red, then used a brush to paint the stars (first pass with white then small corrections with black).

To complete the look, I used a black ink marker to color the carboard sides on the ship token.

Guess everyone else have already said it, but why not say it myself:

"Awesome. While I do like the repaint of the model, that base is cool. Might have to try that myself."

That is a great piect of work. The base is a work of art too. First time I've seen that for X-wing.

I have posted it up on our Sci Fi wargaming Facebook, The Black Ocean.

I would love to see even more from you.

I really enjoyed some of the paint threads on this forum, so I wanted to share mine:

bwing-repaint_front-side-dagger-squadron

Hope you like it!

I like this paint, over the FFG paint job, mainly because the weathering is so well done.

Sure the FFG stuff is going to vary slightly ship to ship, still though, the mock up does not look like it is from the same "used universe" the rest of my [star Wars] toys miniatures are from.