Sign in to follow this  
Rob Jedi

Armored Hull YT-1300 Custom

Looks great. What scale is that republic ship?

Hmm good question. It's the Micromachines Action Fleet one so the scale was always whatever fit inside the box. It does look nice next to the rest of the ships. In proper scale it should be about 80% as big as the Blockade Runner so much much bigger than this. I'm kinda tempted to convert it a bit and repaint it, maybe put a Falcon style cockpit on the very front like this

http://mystery369.deviantart.com/art/Corellian-Corvette-279189127

but it's also my favourite prequel ship so I don't really want to mess with it. I've seen them used on some blogs as an excellent stand in for the shuttle in the defend the shuttle mission.

http://hobbybeforeidie.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/star-wars-x-wing-miniatures-game_13.html

Edited by Rob Jedi

Looks great. What scale is that republic ship?

Hmm good question. It's the Micromachines Action Fleet one so the scale was always whatever fit inside the box. It does look nice next to the rest of the ships. In proper scale it should be about 80% as big as the Blockade Runner so much much bigger than this. I'm kinda tempted to convert it a bit and repaint it, maybe put a Falcon style cockpit on the very front like this

http://mystery369.deviantart.com/art/Corellian-Corvette-279189127

but it's also my favourite prequel ship so I don't really want to mess with it. I've seen them used on some blogs as an excellent stand in for the shuttle in the defend the shuttle mission.

http://hobbybeforeidie.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/star-wars-x-wing-miniatures-game_13.html

I'm a big fan of Corellian ships too.  I was wondering if it was the 1:350 scale model.  I'd like to see someone table that and post pics. 

Did you see the voidrunner?  I have two.  It comes with a communications dish, so I put both dishes on one ship to spice things up. 

I've also used this for the shuttle mission.  The base is exactly the same as that which comes in the core set.  That scenario comes to life with an actual ship to shoot at!

Edited by Viceroy Bolda

More progress, you may be able to pick the inspiration ;)

14293526391_c80608af57_o.jpg

14273736196_8d3763b62c_o.jpg

14294908982_bc1fcb4247_o.jpg

14296319454_9d6a270c9a_o.jpg

14110228740_b7c6f9f813_o.jpg

I went with the same blue glow as my other Falcons but I'm a little unsure if maybe I should have gone a firey orange instead. May re airbrush them after the rest of the ship is done, though that sill probably be tricky getting under the back deck.

14110226488_91dd9e5902_o.jpg

14110226328_1724a8677a_o.jpg

14110183079_b4f8cbb1d1_o.jpg

14110226078_e6f952ddd3_o.jpg

14273735536_18cb79d8d2_o.jpg

I'm unsure about the turret hub bit, I think I'll paint the entire round bit red. So far the top of the bow and the rear deck have also been drybrushed a bit to give a very weathered and faded look much like the streaky painted look from the Clone Wars, will do the same to the rest of the red before adding lots of panel variation and all the darklining the panels.

Edited by Rob Jedi

More progress, you may be able to pick the inspiration ;)

IMG_6687_zps6f31eec5.jpg

IMG_6689_zpsb3a3cd28.jpg

IMG_6688_zpsf210a4ba.jpg

IMG_6690_zpsfc164eff.jpg

IMG_6686_zpsa8f91812.jpg

I went with the same blue glow as my other Falcons but I'm a little unsure if maybe I should have gone a firey orange instead. May re airbrush them after the rest of the ship is done, though that sill probably be tricky getting under the back deck.

IMG_6695_zps258e74d6.jpg

IMG_6696_zps3c38660b.jpg

IMG_6697_zpsa0ac9492.jpg

IMG_6699_zps76490e49.jpg

IMG_6698_zpsbd9089b1.jpgI'm unsure about the turret hub bit, I think I'll paint the entire round bit red. So far the top of the bow and the rear deck have also been drybrushed a bit to give a very weathered and faded look much like the streaky painted look from the Clone Wars, will do the same to the rest of the red before adding lots of panel variation and all the darklining the panels.

I love this. More specifically, I'd love to embed LED's in it. Not sure about what the flaring does to that upper deck, but overall you've made it look like a new ship. Fantastic work!

OK I think she's done. After some drybrushing over the red areas I thinned down some ArmyPainter Dark Tone with acryllic extender and washed the whole ship then wiped off as many big panels as I could to leave the shading. That's why it's still shiny in some areas like the access pits, I really hope that stuff actually dries eventually and hpefully not shiny. Then lots of rust streaks and strong tone streaks then cleaning up the occasional panel that had gotten too dark before adding paint chips to the red and some grey worn down to metal chipped areas. She's a touch darker than my other two YTs but I'm pretty happy with the result. I may have to add some more stains to the regular Falcon. So anyone got a good name for her? I kinda like Red Tail but I'm open to better suggestions.

IMG_6711_zpsf4dcf663.jpg

Beautiful!

No other words...

Red Tail seems like a fine name.

can I send you the pitiful dregs of my bad attempt and let you have fun with it.. lol.. Looks fantastic, I just ordered some parts to help mine along the way. I had to tear out some of what I had done as it was looking odd, then I realized the two sides of the bottom were different lengths.. lol.. so start from scratch on the bottom. 

The new parts should help though, that Japanese company is really inexpensive, dropped just under 20 bucks for parts there.. should get me engine parts and a part to extend the cockpit section and a few bits to work on the hull. 

Awesome work here though, I really enjoyed following this one, and I definitely got some inspiration on how to do a few things. 

I just thought about a name.. and after looking at it again, it kinda looks like a Grouse.. if you kept with the naming style of the Millennium Falcon.. how about the Decadent Grouse... the Decadent part being the time part.. decade.. decadent.. hahaha.. maybe not.. haha.. 

Edited by oneway