Sign in to follow this  
CorvusCorax419

In Need Of Rescue?

Greetings all,

My group has recently completed 'Shades on Twilight' and as brief interjection to the 'Purge the Unclean' campaign (and to compensate for a slight 'over do' on the GM'ing/Physics of flooring disappearing on a Space Hulk vs massive D/O/F) i'm in need of relatively short 'Rescue Adventure'. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Off the top of my head, you could have them picked up by a pirate ship. They were waiting for one of the salvage vessels to load up on enough cargo from the hulk to make it worth staging a hit-and-run raid, but then the Deathwatch ship arrived, and they have been hiding in a radiation cloud given off by the hulk, hoping that the 'big guns' leave the area. If they have been monitoring vox chatter, they will know that the PCs are with the =][= and might be worth ransoming.

If the ransom isn't paid and the PCs can't escape from the pirates, they might be sold to the fighting arenas at the pirate's next stop (cue the adventure Tattered Fates)...

Thanks Adeptus-B that's an awesome hook and really works in the long term as well, is that something you've thrown together or can i find a variation on it elsewhere? Either way i reckon i'll use the main elements you've provided for me.
Thanks again man :):D

From the wiki article about Julius Ceaser

"On the way across the Aegean Sea,[21] Caesar was kidnapped by pirates and held prisoner.[22][23] He maintained an attitude of superiority throughout his captivity. When the pirates thought to demand a ransom of twenty talents of silver, he insisted they ask for fifty.[24][25] After the ransom was paid, Caesar raised a fleet, pursued and captured the pirates, and imprisoned them. He had them crucified on his own authority, as he had promised while in captivity[26]—a promise the pirates had taken as a joke. As a sign of leniency, he first had their throats cut. He was soon called back into military action in Asia, raising a band of auxiliaries to repel an incursion from the east.[27]"

I wonder whether the PCs will be able to take a similar attitude?