Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benstucky

Talisman Miniture Storage - Suggestions

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I finally am getting down to painting all of the miniatures.  I want to protect them now that they are painted.  Does anyone have a suggestion for miniature storage containers?  Some that I see online seem quite flimsy or could possibly not fit some of the figures.  Any suggestions on a good product?

I have also heard of folks using gun storage cases to store their miniatures.  Any opinions?

High On Model Paint Fumes,

Ben

Edited by benstucky

http://www.saboldesigns.net/armytransport.html

The best way. This is what I use for my 40K and Fantasy armies.

Another way is to buy egg crate foam and cut it to the size of a box and sandwich the minis in there. This is what I did when I was first starting into miniature games.

I use Gun Cases for smaller games. I got a bunch of them for dirt cheap a while back in 4 different sizes.

The safest place for all painted mini's is to send them to me. I will take good care of them. I promise, or I will send them back if I don't. ;)

benstucky likes this

The safest place for all painted mini's is to send them to me. I will take good care of them. I promise, or I will send them back if I don't. ;)

ROLF - Too funny - I won't send you figures but I have to send you something.  Email me for details - benstucky at hotmail dot com

http://www.saboldesigns.net/armytransport.html

The best way. This is what I use for my 40K and Fantasy armies.

Another way is to buy egg crate foam and cut it to the size of a box and sandwich the minis in there. This is what I did when I was first starting into miniature games.

I use Gun Cases for smaller games. I got a bunch of them for dirt cheap a while back in 4 different sizes.

whoa crap. $90!

Like JediKnight said: any miniature wargame storage case will be perfect. Or you can look for the tool cases filled with pre-cut foam that you can tear out to fit different shapes and sizes. I got one of these at Home Depot, I think, for 40-50 bucks (it was some time ago so memory is fuzzy).

Edited by Felis

Fit cubed foam inserts into one or several talisman expansion boxes. Use spray-glue on the 'roof' or base the insert if you want it fixed.

Much cheaper than buying dedicated Warhammer boxes, works great and you'll get a really good looking box for the minis ;-)

I keep my painted miniatures in a small expansion box, covered in a piece of old fleece blanket. The rest of minitatures I keep crammed in another small expansion box. I'll probably get around to use more small expansion boxes for the painted minis when they increase in number.