Sign in to follow this  
R22

Sharing Homemade Cards

This started as my two regular mates and I whimsically talking about having personalized pilots in our favorite ships. That then in turn became fantasizing about upgrades and such. So I thought Id share them. I'm not submitting them for official use, own none of the art, and am really bad with costing points so please feel free to suggest corrections. Gently. All in good fun!

Pilots

4uw5l3.jpg26pts35385lz.jpg25pts

r0v149.jpg27pts

Upgrades, etc.

1z3wikj.jpgjtmirs.jpg

2zi55iq.jpg2564jdz.jpg

bhzhg7.jpg23magsp.jpg

Edited by R22

Cool! Lots of interesting ideas in there. 

Mainstay of the Fleet: I don't think that TIE Fighters or X-wings need to be 1 point cheaper, they already see plenty of competitive use.  :)

The Redirect modifications all look pretty interesting. There's probably a way to optimize at least one of them such that it might be overpowered, but I like the concept. (for house rules only, of course).

Quick reflexes: do you want to limit this so you can only perform this if you don't have a stress token already?

Mainstay of the Fleet: I don't think that TIE Fighters or X-wings need to be 1 point cheaper, they already see plenty of competitive use.  :)

The Redirect modifications all look pretty interesting. There's probably a way to optimize at least one of them such that it might be overpowered, but I like the concept. (for house rules only, of course).

Quick reflexes: do you want to limit this so you can only perform this if you don't have a stress token already?

I agree on Quick Reflexes, I'll update it in a bit.

Most of my ideas are thematic, not game oriented. That's where Mainstay of the Fleet comes from, it's recognizing that those are the primary ships.

The Redirect modifications are unabashedly tributes to X-wing vs. TIE Fighter. Sorrynotsorry.

Ace: Do you want to allow it to kick in after you kill any target, not just the "first"? That way, if you have a stress token after you kill your first target (and therefore can't perform a free action), the EPT isn't a waste. By definition it can only be used once per game anyway since you discard the card.

Ace: Do you want to allow it to kick in after you kill any target, not just the "first"? That way, if you have a stress token after you kill your first target (and therefore can't perform a free action), the EPT isn't a waste. By definition it can only be used once per game anyway since you discard the card.

Dang, good call. Fixed it. I'll update the images here later.

I feel like Redirect Lasers and Engines are OP due to if you put it on a ship with 5 or more shields (B-Wing, Shuttle, Falcon, Slave I) losing one of those for one round, really won't effect them early on. Plus with Expose costing 4 points and a elite pilot trait, i feel Redirect Lasers would make expose used EVEN LESS (if that's even possible) so maybe bump the cost a point on them each and make sure you say "Recover 1 shield up to your maximum". also, you could solve the OP of shields being re-directed easily by using this system...

RS = Remaining Shields

ST = Shields Taken

1-2 RS = 1 ST

3-4 RS  = 2 ST

5-6 RS = 3 ST

(Note not with regaining shields)

That way it ALWAYS is fair. On a last note the card should also say to a minimum of 0 shields (that way you don't get people getting a evade or attack dice for nothing.

Edited by Imperial Rebel

I agree on Quick Reflexes, I'll update it in a bit.

Most of my ideas are thematic, not game oriented. That's where Mainstay of the Fleet comes from, it's recognizing that those are the primary ships.

The Redirect modifications are unabashedly tributes to X-wing vs. TIE Fighter. Sorrynotsorry.

Well, considering you said "boost action" you can't take actions when stressed, so it doesn't need to be called out specifically.  Furthermore, this would be a reason to not boost during the activation phase since you can only do the action once.  I like it.

Also, the title on HUD is missing a period.  Little thing, but it bothers me =P

Copilot seems really underpriced for an automatic effect removing stress, especially given how critical stress management is. AFAIK, there is no current effect that permits you to remove stress so it could be a balance-breaker.

I would suggest keeping the cost the same but making it a random chance to remove one stress token per turn, e.g.:

Once per turn, roll one evade die. On an {evade} result, immediately remove one stress token from your ship.

Copilot seems really underpriced for an automatic effect removing stress, especially given how critical stress management is. AFAIK, there is no current effect that permits you to remove stress so it could be a balance-breaker.

I would suggest keeping the cost the same but making it a random chance to remove one stress token per turn, e.g.:

Once per turn, roll one evade die. On an {evade} result, immediately remove one stress token from your ship.

Good idea, thanks.

So, I was just messing around after reading through all the awesome ideas you posted here R22 (don't mean to hijack the thread from you) and I think I just found my new addiction for this game, which is coming up with random awesome cards to keep it fresh. 

I wish the A-Wing got more love, and I know if I flew it, this guy would be in the seat flying it each time.

Thoughts: I wanted to keep him at 6.  Gives him synergy with Garvin in the X. Forgot about Kyle, but he would also have synergy with him too with his card text.  Lando would also help if he can keep up - I know that baby has a few surprises left.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Overpowered? Amazing? Costs too little? I'm curious, and I might see if my local group will let me try him out next week.  I'm thinking maybe no EPT as the one thing bugging me that maybe shouldn't be there, mainly to avoid PtL abuse more than likely.  Or, I was considering bumping him up another point or two to keep the EPT.

I also don't know where that image came from for it (thanks google/wookiepedia!) but I'd love to give credit where it's due.  Anyone know?

Jake-Farrell-Front-Face-resize_zps010bbc

I would also like to see what someone thinks or if they can tweak the Pilot Ability on this card as I'm trying to wrap my head around it.  I wanted to try to keep it based loosely around the "Cracken Twist."

The idea here is no EPT (even though he's high in skill, which seems kind of backwards) to avoid PtL abuse, and no opportunist either.

Image for the card was from Ralph McQuarrie if you don't recognize it.

Pash-Cracken-Front-Face-RESIZE_zps9fdcb4

Edited by jjohnson111