Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
galactusgo

SWLCG Regionals

38 posts in this topic

Wow, so the only regionals tournament for California is in Fremont?  That sucks.  I guess FFG is assuming that all the Southern California people want to drive to Vegas?  I mean, you'd think they'd at least have it hosted at Game Empire in Pasadena, where Smuggler's Den is based out of.

Apparently the store owner decided he didn't want to support the game anymore for some reason.  They talked about it on the podcast iirc.

Apparently the store owner decided he didn't want to support the game anymore for some reason.  They talked about it on the podcast iirc.

Which episode?

What the heck is your problem with this venue that you'd go so far as accusing them of lying?

Why so defensive? I'm sure it'll be a fine shop.  I mean who wouldn't want to go out to nowhere to play.  After all you can grab a cheap flight on southwest to Tulsa, OKC, Albuquerque, Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Little Rock, New Orleans... and not Tyler.

Also check yourself. I never said they lied about the number of people they can support nor the centrality of their location.  I mean the later is geographically provable to be false.  In fact it'll make a fun term project for my class.   I know off the top of my head of three game shops in (Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio respectively) that can easily host an event of 50+ people and have room for another 150 players of other games.  I'm sure seating won't be crowded at this comic shop in Tyler.  After all photos on facebook make it look like they have almost half a dozen tables.  Maybe a full dozen if they convert the minis space.

Edited by cetiken

I need to get in touch with ffg about this. I used to organize for decipher back in the day and I would live to help here. anyone know who I could contact+

Decipher knew how to support a game, these guys are clueless. I wish you the best, but don't hold your breath on that one.

What the heck is your problem with this venue that you'd go so far as accusing them of lying?

Why so defensive? I'm sure it'll be a fine shop.  I mean who wouldn't want to go out to nowhere to play.  After all you can grab a cheap flight on southwest to Tulsa, OKC, Albuquerque, Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Little Rock, New Orleans... and not Tyler.

Also check yourself. I never said they lied about the number of people they can support nor the centrality of their location.  I mean the later is geographically provable to be false.  In fact it'll make a fun term project for my class.   I know off the top of my head of three game shops in (Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio respectively) that can easily host an event of 50+ people and have room for another 150 players of other games.  I'm sure seating won't be crowded at this comic shop in Tyler.  After all photos on facebook make it look like they have almost half a dozen tables.  Maybe a full dozen if they convert the minis space.

Because you've gone passed just not agreeing with FFGs choice to accusing a store owner of lying to get the event with no basis for it at all. You don't see how that's crossing a line? You've never been to the store and you have no idea what criteria FFG used to select these events (which is part of the issue with these events in general).

I do not agree with FFGs choice of venue in this case because this store did not run a SC (unless it was never listed by FFG) and is not terribly geographically advantageous. But thats FFGs issue in thier selection process, not on the owner for applying. I do not see how you can direct your ire towards a store owner that got selected and has already expressed his interest in making the event the best it can be.

The fedora wearing is strong in this thread.

Quite.  Let's just hope trenchcoats don't make an appearance as well.  I like many other things about the thirties much more than trenchcoats.

INtheShadowplay likes this

You sound like a real prick, you know know that?