Sign in to follow this  
Quoth

passport, driving license and Aquila Rosary

What's the word on flashing your inquisitor Jr. Badge?

My party use theirs sparingly, possibly 4 times this campaign? Which is fine.

But I remember using mine twice in an old campaign and getting into all kinds of trouble with my inquisitor (tho not the locals fortunately)

So is there a general rule on how they're used and how frequently or is it on an inquisitor by inquisitor/gm by gm basis?

The Inquisitor's Handbook features 'cognomen' (I think in the Hive World section) as the de facto I.D. within the Imperium. I've ruled that cognomen indicate the individual's employer, which in the case of Acolytes is now the Inquisition- but my campaign features missions that are more overt 'police procedural' than super-secret 'deep-cover agents', so that might not be appropriate for your campaign.

A trusted servant may be granted a Rosette, which authorizes the bearer to act on behalf of his master.

More likely, Acolytes would be given a Writ of Authority, giving the bearers a specific set of rights for a limited mission.

Then again, if the Acolytes are the deniable, secret assets of an Inquisitor that wishes not to advertise his presence, they may have none of these at all. 

Edited by Darth Smeg

My PCs had quite wide ranging authority though they generally didn't abuse this as such.  That said they weren't particularly secretive that they were working for the Inquisition generally using their authority to allow them past 'customs' with weapons and equipment.

In response I generally ruled that many of the bad guys had a pretty good idea where the PCs were at any given time and they were often ambushed.

Sometimes they would set up secret ID's often working either for the Ad Mech or the Ecclesiarchy.

FInally their catch phrase when the excrement had hit the spinning air conditioning device and the local law enforcement was trying to detain them at the scene of some horrific bloodbath/gun fight was:-  

'Inquisition. *uck off!'.