Sign in to follow this  
Barbarossa

Carcharodons Assault Marine with a lack if chapter specific kit

Hello friends

As the title says, I have an assault space shark who is a born destroyer. His quiet manner and vicious attack style make him alot of fun to play but I'm just a little gutted that his chapter didn't get any sort of help when it came to relics or chapter specific gear. I know this is to leave it up to me, but many chapters got repeat gear whereas we were not invited to the party. SO, that being said I'm trying to come up with some cool flavourful gear that can incorporate his flesh render ability. Two chainswords rolling six die for damage is really nice but I NEED more fluffy ideas for weapons. Would anybody like to help Hydrako out?

Cheers for any comments or helps :D

Edit: Here's the list I made for any new people to check out and comment on so they don't have to go scrolling through to find it

Carcharodons Chapter Relics

Helm of the Predator-A helmet created by a gifted Tech-Marine modeled after the visage of a shark. The terrifying visage increases intimidation amongst non Astartes and the targeting system is of rare design that incorporates a preysense filter increasing fighting abilities at night. The increase to a hunter’s senses also lends 1D5 additional degrees of success to any Search or Scrutiny tests.

Convey all the regular perks of a Mk 6 Corvus helmet aswell as

+20 to Perception (Sight) tests in the dark

+10 to BS when fighting in the dark

+10 to Intimidation tests

AP9(Head) Req 40, Renown: Distinguished

Gauntlets of the Bloodwake-Traditional lightning claws with deadly jagged blades. These gauntlets are built to fell powerful enemies of the Emperor. Their large blades are perfect for cutting through armour. The powerfield wrapped blades have a greater damage compared to regular lightning claws and their design as beast fellers gives them the Felling (2) quality. Can only be used as a pair.

2D10+2 E, Pen 8,    Powerfield, Tearing, Felling (2).    Req 60, Renown: Hero

Crimson Blade-The teeth of this chain weapon are said to have been cut from tempered diamond. The unique power fields enveloping Crimson Blade have a distinct red cast, the colour of blood. The Crimson Blade combines the best of a chain weapon and a power weapon, and adds +3 Damage when an attack

from the weapon causes Critical Damage. May be wielded one handed and also contains the Razorsharp quality

1D10+11 E, Pen 9,    Balanced, Powerfield, Tearing, Razorsharp.    Req 65, Renown: Hero

(proud of this one haha)

Edited by Barbarossa

How about a staff with a chainsword at each end (like in Gears of War)

Add a bit of damage, ignore power field (its a relic) and remove 10 points penalty for wielding two weapons.

Sharknado anyone?

I was thinking about armour today while in class. what about a helm that had prey sense built into it? Goes with the hunting senses of a shark. Or a jump pack that has an increased range or blast radius damage when making a charge? Kind of like Wrathful Descent but you don't have to be in Squad Mode or attacking a horde. Just throwing ideas around to see what sticks really.

Special - Testbite and hide - If you deal damage to the same Body region more than once, you deal additional damage. If you receive damage from the targeted enemy between your attacks, no bonus is granted.

I'm not really happy with it(as it doesn't make much sense), but the intention was to find something that relates to shark hunting techniques... so I'll just leave it here for someone else to work on it ;)

Edited by Avdnm

You can look into some Polynesian lore, too, for fluff inspirations. Space Sharks are already described as having pacific tribal face tattoos. And Maori warriors, for example, were quite big on the "make an ambush and leave no survivors" idea (to avoid the whole ritual blood vendetta cycle). The extremely limited resources of some Pacific islands led to some wholesale slaughter quite often. Weapon-wise they were big on spears and wooden clubs, sometimes lined with shark teeth, so a bolter relic might not be a good fit, but I'm behind the idea of a shark launcher.

There is some slightly far-fetched but interesting speculation on 1d4chan about them being loyalist Night Lords successors. The official fluff offers no support for this theory, but there are quite a few uncanny resemblances, so you might take Night Lords gear and weaponry, remove the whole "death is nothing compared to vindication" part, double the already existing "terror and brutally overwhelming force" pattern, and your Carcharodon relic is ready to go.

How about a Shark Companion like the Fenrisian Wolf. 

Being an aquatic animal it would need to be transported in a portable aquarium (on tracks I think) and this in turn would limit its combat effectiveness. 

But I think we can all agree that the inclusion of this creature as a mascot would definitly increase the Kill Teams morale. 

Being an aquatic animal it would need to be transported in a portable aquarium (on tracks I think) and this in turn would limit its combat effectiveness. 

But I think we can all agree that the inclusion of this creature as a mascot would definitly increase the Kill Teams morale. 

God I love this idea so very much.

Gentlemen, I present... the Reverse Scuba Suit, Winner of the Prize of the Academy of Inventors in the long-gone Year 3000. Perhaps the blueprint survived in an STC?

Anyway, a relic chain-axe sounds correct fluff-wise. Basically any melee weapon enabling epic rip & tear could work here.

Anyway, a relic chain-axe sounds correct fluff-wise. Basically any melee weapon enabling epic rip & tear could work here.

I think adding the razor sharp quality might be appropriate. Weapon described as having "very much shark-teeth looking teeth".

Edited by Avdnm

Gentlemen, I present... the Reverse Scuba Suit, Winner of the Prize of the Academy of Inventors in the long-gone Year 3000. Perhaps the blueprint survived in an STC?

Please edit this post and remove all trace of it lest Matt Ward chances upon it when doing research for the Space Sharks Codex...... 

Please edit this post and remove all trace of it lest Matt Ward chances upon it when doing research for the Space Sharks Codex...... 

I'll gladly and proudly take part in the eternal ruination of the Space Sharks if it means some official GW fluff will include a Futurama reference. Is this the first step on the road to corruption? I better report to the nearest Comissar...

I think adding the razor sharp quality might be appropriate. Weapon described as having "very much shark-teeth looking teeth".

Check the Black Crusade Core Rulebook (or the Master Bestiary, here). It has some vicious chain weapons to use as a starting point. On the other hand, chain dagger. :huh:

Anyway, Chain Axe or Halberd might work, and if you really, really want to go for overkill, check the Eviscerator stats.

The thing is, chain weapons usually have the Tearing quality. I don't know how well does it work with Razor Sharp. The Eviscerator was the only man-made weapon where I found them paired. Any thoughts on this?

Edited by musungu

I created some fan fic fluff for my Carcharodon Librarian.  One of the Trials of an aspirant is that they have to don void suits and hunt a predator native to a large nebula.  These things are giant predators that feed off of each other and now have developed a taste for Imperial (and xenos) ships and colonies.  

Anyway, I played up their Chapter trapping of scrimshaw and used their bones and what not and included the bone from that predator in my arms and armament.  Maybe the Red Wake's weapons aren't all that unique to the Carcharodons.  Chain fist + lightning claws I think it was?  Maybe not to the legendary awesome degree that his was.

Carcharodon Fluffernutter: 2d10+6 Pen: 8, Power Field, Tearing, Proven (4)

Pretty much the Lightning Claws with +1d10 and Tearing

OK here's what I came up with. Some stuff is repurposed from other sources and there is not a lot of fluff added yet. Feel free to critique and let me know what would need changing.

Carcharodons Chapter Relics

Helm of the Predator-A helmet created by a gifted Tech-Marine modeled after the visage of a shark. The terrifying visage increases intimidation amongst non Astartes and the targeting system is of rare design that incorporates a preysense filter increasing fighting abilities at night. The increase to a hunter’s senses also lends 1D5 additional degrees of success to any Search or Scrutiny tests.

Convey all the regular perks of a Mk 6 Corvus helmet aswell as

+20 to Perception (Sight) tests in the dark

+10 to BS when fighting in the dark

+10 to Intimidation tests

AP9(Head) Req 40, Renown: Distinguished

Gauntlets of the Bloodwake-Traditional lightning claws with deadly jagged blades. These gauntlets are built to fell powerful enemies of the Emperor. Their large blades are perfect for cutting through armour. The powerfield wrapped blades have a greater damage compared to regular lightning claws and their design as beast fellers gives them the Felling (2) quality. Can only be used as a pair.

2D10+2 E, Pen 8,    Powerfield, Tearing, Felling (2).    Req 60, Renown: Hero

Crimson Blade-The teeth of this chain weapon are said to have been cut from tempered diamond. The unique power fields enveloping the Crimson Blade have a distinct red cast, the colour of blood. The Crimson Blade combines the best of a chain weapon and a power weapon, and adds +3 Damage when an attack from the weapon causes Critical Damage. May be wielded one handed and also contains the Razorsharp quality

1D10+11 E, Pen 9,    Balanced, Powerfield, Tearing, Razorsharp.    Req 65, Renown: Hero

(proud of this one haha)

What do you guys think?

I see a Carcharodon Assault Marine trying to switch off every light he encounters :D

I think those stats are ok (but I'm not really good at crafting/balancing new weapons...).

Only thing that gets in my eye is that the helmet gives BS Bonus, but all relic weapons are melees. But I think that's ok(there are weapons beside relic weapons), dunno what stats you gave the chapter and how that fits.

The bonuses when fighting in the dark would usually be there to offset penalties. However those penalties don't exist just because of Space Marine physiology and Dark Sight being built in to power armor. 

Crimson Blade will end up adding like +5 to critical damage inflicted with the right Talent, I think that's too good.