Sign in to follow this  

There are official stats for leaving ships unattended on Tattooine. I believe it's referred to as the credits value for the ship as the Jawa's strip it.

Also until I see stats otherwise they all have Utinni! as a racial talent.

Edited by InOzWeTrust

Are the official stats for Jawa PCs out there somewhere yet?

Not yet.

I did my own take on Jawas as part of the Unofficial Species Menagerie.  They're a bit out of date (having been created during the EotE Beta and before later sourcebooks demonstrated some weirder Characteristic configurations), though I've been doing a review of the various USM species (as is Cyril) and we're seeing what updates we want to make.

As things stands, here's the revised Jawa stats that I've got:

Characteristics: Brawn 1, Agility 3, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2, Presence 1

Wound Threshold: Brawn + 9

Strain Threshold: Willpower + 10

Starting XP: 100

Special Abilities: Free rank in Mechanics (max of 2 ranks), free rank in Utinni!, remove a Setback die imposed due to hot or arid environmental conditions.

Size: Jawas are Silhouette 0

Are the official stats for Jawa PCs out there somewhere yet?

Not yet.

I did my own take on Jawas as part of the Unofficial Species Menagerie.  They're a bit out of date (having been created during the EotE Beta and before later sourcebooks demonstrated some weirder Characteristic configurations), though I've been doing a review of the various USM species (as is Cyril) and we're seeing what updates we want to make.

As things stands, here's the revised Jawa stats that I've got:

Characteristics: Brawn 1, Agility 3, Intellect 2, Cunning 3, Willpower 2, Presence 1

Wound Threshold: Brawn + 9

Strain Threshold: Willpower + 10

Starting XP: 100

Special Abilities: Free rank in Mechanics (max of 2 ranks), free rank in Utinni!, remove a Setback die imposed due to hot or arid environmental conditions.

Size: Jawas are Silhouette 0

Were you two planning on doing a major revision to the Menagerie?

Please, don't read anything judgemental into this question: Why do people like Jawas enough to want to play as one? I ask because I honestly can't see the appeal.

Short, dark and mysterious. Able to walk around nonchalantly and then out of no where open up a can of Whoop-ass   :)  

71693_155274261180869_100000948895732_24

And the girls love you, Utinni! :D  Picture from the blue milk speical website

Please, don't read anything judgemental into this question: Why do people like Jawas enough to want to play as one? I ask because I honestly can't see the appeal.

I really can't give a reason, I just know that that was the first thing I thought of wanting to play when I sat down with the EotE beta rulebook.

Maybe because most player races in RPGs tend to have traits that are about empowerment of one kind or another, and this sort of cuts against the grain. Maybe it's the scavenger/tinkerer thing.

...look, they're just awesome, and you should stop being a hater. ;)

In the past there were a lot of times when I found myself mentally rolling my eyes at people's character choices. "Blak Niffe" the drow, with his little spikey bits and his portable pharmacy of poisons. Now days, I just roll with it. People have different concepts in their heads and this is a collective endeavor. As long as one person doesn't hog the spotlight or have some special trait that must always be catered to, I say go for it. Often times, it's not as bad as what you imagined, and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised at how it turns out.

...except for that Black Niffe dude. ...I mean seriously, what a shmoo! What kind of a moron claims to be a silent killer then carries around 75 pounds of clanking blades and gadgets? What's the matter, Ezio? Fail your sneak check again? Yeah, we'll take up your slack. I mean it's not like we don't already have to grind everything to a halt every five minutes while you decide which of your seven crossbows you want to-

We have a Jawa and my take on it is that he just wanted a bad ass that nobody takes seriously until it is to late.  He is slowly gaining a reputation among the town folk as a trustworthy and capable combatant.  That comes with a cost.  The Jawa in the area are slowly but surely beginning to distrust him.  

I can see the interest as a classic Star Wars race same with Ewoks and Mandalorians (but this one is way easier to imagine). I mean after Clone Wars can you say that Miss Tano doesn't make Togrunta's seem appealing?

Utinni?!?.............. :huh:

I think it's the movie magic appeal. They are mysterious and they seem to live in their own seperate world from everyone else. Eventhough not a lot is known about them (when you only stick to the movies) but you instantely see there is a lot more to them than meets the eye.

Plus, people like playing small creatures.

They stink, in fact some sources say they partially communicate using scents.  Why anyone would want to associate with a Stinky filthy jawa is beyond me.

I had a player want to be a jawa, when I asked them why, they said they wanted to be small, overlooked and sneaky.  I gave them other suggestions like Ugnaughts, Chadra-fan, sullestans and Drall.

I had a player want to be a jawa, when I asked them why, they said they wanted to be small, overlooked and sneaky.  I gave them other suggestions like Ugnaughts, Chadra-fan, sullestans and Drall.

Droids can also be small, overlooked, and sneaky. Humans are not small, but they can be sneaky and they are so common in the galaxy that they can often be overlooked.

I actually don't see Jawas being overlooked easily, at least not by species that have even a rudimentary olfactory sense. If the odor of Gaim and Rodians can be considered unpleasant, the "Jawa stink" is supposed to be worse.

I wouldn't imagine getting them until perhaps a tatooine book, or perhaps the mechanic book, although I admit to hoping for ugnaugts in that one (if they are not in the forth coming adventure). 

They had them in SAGA and seem a bit of an oversight to not get them eventually, however I don't recall them being a playable species in prior iterations of the game, so that may come to pass again.

There is a certain appeal in playing an outcast (as this system shows) and a Jawa being part of an adventure group would be the ultimate outcast.

The same reason I would like to see Gamoreans be a playable race. They are big, dirty and rude and I imagine them hanging out in the engine room by themselves, the rest of the party not really wanting to come near them but being very happy to have them hop along once things get tight.

I wouldn't imagine getting them until perhaps a tatooine book, or perhaps the mechanic book, although I admit to hoping for ugnaugts in that one (if they are not in the forth coming adventure). 

I would be surprised if they won't show up in the mechanics book.

The same reason I would like to see Gamoreans be a playable race. They are big, dirty and rude and I imagine them hanging out in the engine room by themselves, the rest of the party not really wanting to come near them but being very happy to have them hop along once things get tight.

Right now that role can be filled with the Aqualish (Quara) from Dangerous Covenants. They don't necessarily have to be dirty, but big and rude (along with LOUD) are a given.

Yes, it could. But that could be said for pretty much any alien in the game...

I would like to play a Gamorean not an Aqualish. I guess it is the inner kid in me that really loves these big green pigs. Plus, one of the gamers in our group is from Iraq and he still is a bit squemish when it comes to pigs and I love to rile him up!