Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
See Threebilbo

Shielding Question

11 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!  Quick question: do I only have one chance to use a shield?  If, in theory, I had a shielded Luke that was about to take two damage, could I have him suck it up and take both of them while keeping the shield until my next refresh phase (or whenever I needed it)?  I can't imagine that specific situation happening, but I have agonized over just what to allow shielded units to take.

Thanks!

Using a shield is optional, meaning that you can decide whether you want to use it or not when there is an opportunity.

You have the option to use the shield or not.  The situation is actually quite common because shields also stop Tactics from locking the unit down.

If a unit is facing a mix of Unit damage and a Tactics icon, the controller will often elect for the unit to take the damage (so long as it is survivable) so that the Tactics doesn't lock it down and it can continue to strike.

Devon Greatwolf likes this

Ok, I think I know this and I have spent quite sometime trying to see if this has already been posted, but I am tired of looking and will ask it here.

Obi-wan focuses to strike against Mara. Does he complete his combat icons one at a time waiting for Mara to respond or does he complete all at once and then Mara responds? In this situation, Mara has a shield and Obi-Wan has a unit, 2 tactics, and blast icons.

Yes I understand that, but for clarification for this player that doesn't seem to understand: Obi wan places all icons where he wants and then Mara decides whether or not to use shield on anything, correct?

No. Obi Wan does each of his icons one at a time. Mara must decide when icons are being placed can't wait and then decide what to cancel.

Thank you, I also found it on cardgamedb site, and sent him that response. Some players are just hard to convince unless you have amble prove. Thanks again.