Sign in to follow this  
pgarfunkle

New details about the xwing in the transport

We'll see what happens, but my golden rule has always been that Fel without tokens is a dead man. Any Interceptor without actions is in serious trouble, honestly. Being able to ensure just be declaring an attack that will have no tokens and no maneuver actions next turn is huge.

It also won't matter if he gains a focus from it. Put A3 on a Rookie, and it'll be gone before it matters.

Don't underestimate the perma stress either. Any ship that starts a combat phase with stress will stay that way as long as A3 can keep firing at them.

Interceptors were generally fragile, iffy ships to begin with. They rely on tokens and maneuver actions to survive, often via PtL. A3 shuts that down completely. The already-rare interceptors just became a bigger liability in the meta.

except interceptors are more agile than anything that gets astromechs so you're not focusing if you want to keep after them (while unless you get 2 stress on them with the new torps they can do green manuevers to clear stress (like the 2 sharp turns) which makes you easier to shoot down by the other guys in the enemy squadron

Edited by Ihavebadluck

[looks again at the Team Covenant store championship results]

Here's the thing, the more ships that are not the Falcon get better, the better Interceptors get. Yes, these releases are a pretty big nail in the Push the Limit coffin. But, Interceptors and A-wings have the best maneuvers to clear this stress. And in this environment, shedding stress is going to be key. Red Manuevers and stress giving Elite Talents are going to be very risky. Especially if you are facing some Ions. But again, the more people aren't using the Falcon, the better the Interceptor gets. You just have to focus on getting out of lines of fire more than attempting to evade attacks.

And with all this stress being handed out, Fel still enjoys his ability. And really, we just enter a new stage of the metagame. The Age of Tycho.

Except that the falcon is no longer the biggest threat to the interceptor... all these xwings that can kturn every turn with stress inducing tricks are way worse than turrets.  Turrets let you shoot at an interceptor whenever but they still could load up on focus and evade.  These new xwings can now fire at them every turn and keep them from having tokens...even steal their tokens. 

Horton with PtL and a pair of proton torps might be the most frightening missile carrier now...

Except to fire those torps, he needs to be going straight for 2 turns. I fly a Dutch/Horton combo with no turrets and 2 golds when I want to make life difficult. Not overpowered, but hard to kill. 

I'm not sure I understand why he has to be going straight for 2 turns. Could someone explain?

did that. wasnt sure between advanced or interceptor. would say interceptor but that means 4 advanced so... advanced?

edit: on the other hand tie bomber and tie advanced wings are the same so therefore.... interceptor?

ooh up to 50 ppl reading

I think 4 just left to make me wrong

Edited by Ihavebadluck

Horton with PtL and a pair of proton torps might be the most frightening missile carrier now...

Except to fire those torps, he needs to be going straight for 2 turns. I fly a Dutch/Horton combo with no turrets and 2 golds when I want to make life difficult. Not overpowered, but hard to kill. 

I'm not sure I understand why he has to be going straight for 2 turns. Could someone explain?

On round 1, you use target lock, then Push the Limit for a focus token and a stress token. You fire a torpedo. On round 2, you have to execute a green maneuver in order to get another target lock, and that means straight 1 or straight 2 on a Y-wing. And if you want the focus token, you have to take another stress, so on round 3, you're essentially locked into another green maneuver.

So you're flying straight for 2 turns.

R2 Astromech fixes that, unless I missed someone using that slot for something else.

The astromech slot is used to give the Y-wing the ability to have PTL.

Edited by dvang

I'd just like to take this time to point out that this squad will be possible:

Horton Salm + Proton Torpedo + Proton Torpedo + R2-D6 + Push the Limit (37)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Rookie Pilot (21)

TOTAL: 100

R2 Astromech fixes that, unless I missed someone using that slot for something else.

He's using R2-D6 to get the PTL on Horton.

There is one more unique astromech that hasn't been spoiled for the Transport yet (R5-?) wonder what he's going to do?

I bet this one will give you a bomb slot or something crazy like you don't need to target lock to shoot torpedos...

Edited by TheRealStarkiller

There is one more unique astromech that hasn't been spoiled for the Transport yet (R5-?) wonder what he's going to do?

I bet this one will give you a bomb slot or something crazy.

Action: strap an explosive to your droid and eject it behind you.  All ships within range 1 take a damage.

I'm quite excited about R3-A2 on a Y-Wing with an Ion Cannon Turret.

In the opening engagement, probably at range two, you fire your Ion Cannon into a target that is within your arc (hopefully with the benefit of a TL).  Use R3-A2 to then assign a stress token to both of you and then work out the attack.  So long as you get one hit through, they will be stressed and Ioned so they will have to go one forward and can't barrel roll, boost, evade etc.  Now you can follow two options, either keep hitting the same target until it is dead, possibly assigning more stress to it as well in case you miss so that it won't be able to get away easily and will take several turns of green maneuvers to clear, or you can stay stress free, or you can hit it up 2-3 times and then focus on a new target whilst your previous target has to limp around clearing stress for several turns.

You don't even need it to be a good pilot in the Y-Wing either.