Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Can you attack your own ships?

Lets say I fly a B-Wing up into your TIE Swarm, and I have an A-Wing hanging back with an Assault Missile.   Could I legally target my Own B-Wing with the missile deliberately just so the splash damage will hit the TIEs?

Naturally I'd think "no, no you can not"... but then I think. "Hmmm, is there actually a rule for this?"

If there isn't an actual rule for it, I don't see why not.

If you can damage your own ships in plenty of different ways, (mines, bombs, splash damage) it would make sense that you could fire upon your own ships.

I've fired upon my own team's ships a few times...

Although, those times were mainly 2vs2, and my teammate started getting snarky. (two of the friends I normally play with are brothers.)

I would love to see this as a real strategy... It would be amazing. And hilarious to look at your opponents face when he realized that you just decimated his swarm by shooting your own guys. 

Pretty sure the rule book says you have to declare and ENEMY ship the target of your attack. Otherwise what stops people from doing what you said but with an ORS (much better at blocking and giving a bigger AOE effect then a B). I would suggest looking it up under the combat rules.

Edited by Hujoe Bigs

Killjoys!

The lot of ya!

Next, you'll be saying that I'm not allowed to shoot and destroy asteroids... 

I think you skipped a few shots. If the 1980s taught me anything it is that when you shoot an asteroid it splits into two equally sized asteroids that move away in opposite directions. Shooting these will split them in two again and then finally shooting these will destroy them.  :rolleyes:

From the rulebook:

. Declare Target: The attacker chooses which 
enemy ship he wishes to attack

Per RAW only guys can play this game...

edit: Well girls can play, they just can't target anything.

Edited by Bohrdumb