Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duraham

Should FFG had made the Falcon unique?

111 posts in this topic

I do NOT agree that Han, Chewi and lando are in a falcon each, an upgraded YT 1300 sure but not the falcon. It seems to me that some of you guys need to go back and watch star wars.

What makes the falcon the Millennium Falcon is not its guns armour or shields, its her engines!! That is what makers her so special, hence the title card.

SentinelJP likes this

The way I prefer to look at it is that the Han, Lando and Chewie YT-1300's are all stock standard.  Adding the Millennium Falcon title card represents the "special modifications" Han made, whereas the ORS is a stripped down YT-1300 which sacrifices power and upgrades (or even just standard equipment) in exchange for additional cargo capacity for smuggling.

Gameplay-wise though I'm happy for my opponent to field anything he likes within the confines of the rules.  Besides, they did make the Millennium Falcon unique, you may only field one title card with that name.  So I don't really see a problem at all.  Just my two cents.

this game is a strategy game, NOT an RPG game.  It takes ships and characters for the movies and EU.  BUT not as an RPG game. 

Looks like the problem is that half the community sees it as an RPG and not a Strat-E-G game and vise versa.

I have played against han bacca and Lando Solo's, and you know what I shot at them and played the game.  I have not flown them out of preference, but I have load outs for them if I do want to fly them.

The only pilot I HATE (due to playing against him alot lately) is Wedge.  BUT he is, as all ships are, beatable. 

But I play the GAME not the RPG.

So ends the Rant -

In the name of the LukesFather

the Son

and the wrinkly Emperor

Hrathen, Joostuh, dmiitrie and 1 other like this

This is a game. It should be about having fun. If you call someone out for running a Han YT-1300 and a Chewie YT-1300 together that is nothing but a foul attitude and really has no place in this game.

Intentionally showing a bad attitude (or in any way letting your disdain be known) towards someone who is using a list that you happen to not like is straight up poor sportsmanship.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with attitudes like that in my local playgroup.

oneway, dmiitrie, DR4CO and 5 others like this

this game is a strategy game, NOT an RPG game.  It takes ships and characters for the movies and EU.  BUT not as an RPG game. 

Looks like the problem is that half the community sees it as an RPG and not a Strat-E-G game and vise versa.

I have played against han bacca and Lando Solo's, and you know what I shot at them and played the game.  I have not flown them out of preference, but I have load outs for them if I do want to fly them.

The only pilot I HATE (due to playing against him alot lately) is Wedge.  BUT he is, as all ships are, beatable. 

But I play the GAME not the RPG.

So ends the Rant -

In the name of the LukesFather

the Son

and the wrinkly Emperor

This is the internet, stop making sense!

LukesFather likes this

What if, in my dual YT-1300 list, I have Chewbacca flying the Falcon, but I have Lando flying the COLT 45?

049783F0-8A21-4553-9E54-146A1ADD42F9_1.j

Then you can't say they are flying the same ship at all... Lando's is obviously black.    The fact that it has 3 attack dice is just a coincidence.  

Johdo and LukesFather like this

Why's Lando's ship gotta be black?   :angry: 

at least its not called the Slave I

EDIT: ok, maybe that joke wasnt that good in hindsight....

Edited by Duraham

Personally I never said ... I ..... would make any beef is someone ran Han and Chewie, I just stated that all 3 are flying the falcon.. regardless of the title card... not as an RPG, this is a strategy... I just stated a fact, whether someone here agrees with me or not, isnt important or a factor in how much I enjoy the game.

FFG has made the falcon, an iconic ship, with 3 pilots that have flown her. Then they gave us the Stock YT. Just because they gave a card that adds an evade action, and names the ship, doesn't detract from the fact that all three are flying that same ship. When you look at the facts, you only see them flying that ship in the movies, except for the shuttle in ep VI... the reason they all have the same stats is so all you have to do to make them 'fly the falcon' is add the title card. It's delusional to think otherwise really... no matter if you fly Han, with or without the title card.. the YT he flys is.... the falcon... it's his ship..

but it's just a game .. do what you want... I dont care..

No, it was oh whatsisname, Parravon who said he would make his displeasure known if his opponent had the gall to legally field Han and Chewie at the same time.   :P

FWIW I'm in the camp with you that believes that if it looks like a duck and smells like a duck, it's probably the Millennium Falcon.   :D   The ORS is pretty clearly the stock light freighter, and title or no, Han, Lando, and Chewie are all pretty clearly flying what is intended to be the Falcon.

What will really blow your mind is the fact that you can take an ORS and slap the Falcon title on that.   :blink:

oneway, LukesFather, DR4CO and 1 other like this

So lemme get this straight..... 

some of you haters out there honestly believe that if Han Solo somehow lost the Falcon (Maybe it got exploded in an epic battle), and was able to win a stock YT-1300 in a game of Sabbacc, that he would just leave it with default specs?    You honestly are expecting him NOT to modify it?    You think Chewie would leave his goggles and arc-welder in the closet?   You think Lando would refuse to hang up his disco ball and bust open some malt liquor?  

Hutts please...

AdmiralThrawn and stegocent like this

What if, in my dual YT-1300 list, I have Chewbacca flying the Falcon, but I have Lando flying the COLT 45?  

It works, every time.

Yeah, no. Dual Falcon lists aren't imbalanced. Personally I think they pretty much suck... 6 Attack dice a turn? You can't reliably take out an X-wing that, and never a B-wing.

Game looks a bit like this against a 4 ship rebel build.

First turn of engagement, at range 3.

Falcons damage 1 ship.

1 Falcon is left with less than half it's total health left.

Next turn.

Falcons destroy a ship. Lightly damage another.

One of the Falcons dies.

Next turn

The remaing falcon damages another ship.

It takes massive damage.

Next turn

Falcon, if lucky kills another rebel ship before being destroyed.

So the same people upset about Chewie and Han flying 2 YT-1300's, does it bother you that Luke can fly an X-Wing without R2-D2?

Or that R2 can go into Dutch's Y-wing?

So the same people upset about Chewie and Han flying 2 YT-1300's, does it bother you that Luke can fly an X-Wing without R2-D2?

Or that R2 can go into Dutch's Y-wing?

That's blasphemy who would do such! :P

I think to continue that analogy would be making R2-D2 non-unique and then slapping him on 2 ships in the same squad. You could argue that it's the same model astromechs and has the same effect, but that kind of cheapens the fondness most of us have for "the" R2-D2. Same thing for Han and Chewie both flying what are clearly "falcons". If the Millennium Falcon was (one of a few identical) fastest hunks of junk in the galaxy, the fluff doesn't feel quite right.

That being said, I think it's a better design to put "falcon" stats right on the Han card instead of making a 10pt title that gives an evade, 2 shields and 3 hull (similar to the combat retrofit on the GR-75)

If you want to fly Chewie and Lando together, it won't bother me. Of course, I think that's twice as boring as flying one of them is. But I guess if you like flying them...

If the Millennium Falcon was (one of a few identical) fastest hunks of junk in the galaxy, the fluff doesn't feel quite right.

The fluff that I'm familiar with was that the YT-1300 was an extremely old model ship that was so outdated that even finding one other than the falcon was difficult, so I get a little annoyed at 2 of the things showing up at the same time no matter what else is going on.

If the Millennium Falcon was (one of a few identical) fastest hunks of junk in the galaxy, the fluff doesn't feel quite right.

The fluff that I'm familiar with was that the YT-1300 was an extremely old model ship that was so outdated that even finding one other than the falcon was difficult, so I get a little annoyed at 2 of the things showing up at the same time no matter what else is going on.

That's silly fluff. There are tons of other YT's throughout the universe, most of which are better model numbers. But there are tons of YT1300s across the galaxy that have been modded.

That's silly fluff. There are tons of other YT's throughout the universe, most of which are better model numbers. But there are tons of YT1300s across the galaxy that have been modded.

Didn't say anything about other YTs

But in the Zahn books (which I consider to be the pinnacle of the EU) Han is shocked that the Noghri were even able to FIND another YT-1300 to turn into a fake falcon

It's a fake, I can't believe it - these guys actually dug up another working YT-1300 freighter somewhere
NotBatman likes this

There's a line in Heir to the Empire where the Noghri use a decoy YT-1300 to try to capture Leia, and Han expresses amazement that "they actually dug up another working YT-1300". Its always bothered me a bit because it really goes against the established fluff. One of the few mistakes that Zahn made in that trilogy.

ETA: Sigh. Ninja'd

Edited by Gullwind

Didn't say anything about other YTs

But in the Zahn books (which I consider to be the pinnacle of the EU) Han is shocked that the Noghri were even able to FIND another YT-1300 to turn into a fake falcon

It's a fake, I can't believe it - these guys actually dug up another working YT-1300 freighter somewhere

I took that as an effort thing rather than a commonality thing. Other fluff has talked about the popularity of the YT 1300 among smugglers due to its ease of modification and the space it has for hidden compartments.(My source book as a kid... Really got dig that thing up...)
stegocent likes this