Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjeagle

VOI "attach to the current quest"

13 posts in this topic

I think I know the answer to this but what do people think?

There are treacheries in The Fords of Isen that "attach to the current quest".

Does this mean:

1. attach to the current quest stage (so the treachery will be discarded when you progress to the next stage)

or 2. attach to the current quest means it effectively stays in play for the rest of the game [unless removed by some effect such as Miner of the Iron Hills]?

I think (2) is correct because of the wording of the card. However it is slightly strange wording, because "the quest" is an abstract entity, not a physical card to which it attaches. Contrast "attach to the current quest stage" or "attach to the quest deck".

Maybe i have played it wrong, but when the current quest card is removed to advance to the next stage I have discarded the attachment as if a character just left play. A scenario is made up of quest cards so when the current one is removed it is replaced by the next. Seems like it should be discarded, but I am not sure.

Rulebook says "a scenario consists of a sequential of quest cards, refereed to as the quest deck"

Under quest cards it says "each quest card represents one of the various stages of the quest the players are pursuing in a scenario"

So, it looks like the attachment will remain in play on the next quest card, right?

Yes, that is my interpretation. It is still slightly odd wording.

If it said "attach to the current quest card", it would definitely discard when you progress.

If it said "attach to the quest deck", it definitely wouldn't.

But "quest" isn't so clear.

Edited by jjeagle

The word "current" made me think that it would be removed. Why not just say "attach to the quest"' since that includes all stages?

"Current" makes it sound temporary.

"Current quest" definitely refers to the specific quest card, not the whole quest.  We have precedent:

M1686.png

Different stage cards in the quest deck count as different "current quests." 

Given that, I would discard the condition when the current quest changes, like Tracker1 suggested in his first post.

Mndela, Tracker1 and jjeagle like this

Aww man, I have been keeping them on the whole time. They should have just put "Attach to the current quest card" OR "Attach to the current quest stage (discard once you advance to the next stage)" to help clarify things a bit. I wonder what their intentions were though...

Uf, thanks Grandsleem. It gave me fright. I usually removed them  when i past to the next quest cards.

In fact, it doesn't make sense whole play version. It gets 'surge' so normally people think is an extra card for a specific time.

Edited by Mndela

Official answer received:

"Treacheries that attach to the current quest are discarded when the stage they are attached to leaves play."

oldoly likes this

Official answer received: "Treacheries that attach to the current quest are discarded when the stage they are attached to leaves play."[/size]

Thank you! I just was able to try out the quest tonight and thought, there has to be an answer to this on the board!