Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobbywhiskey

Store championship

10 posts in this topic

So a local store is running a store championship tournament, but claims it will be single elim and not swiss, is this legal? Been digging through floor ruels trying to find something applicable to this.

Our tournament just ran 4 rounds of Swiss and no eliination. Straight elimination is weird, I'd send an email to FFG support abut it

The rules state they apply to officially sanctioned tournaments. If its just an informal, in store event (which appears to be the case here) then there is nothing stopping them doing a straight slim.

Store Championships are official FFG sanctioned tournaments (as is in the OP's case).  IE, they must use swiss, elimination afterwards is optional.

Grimwalker likes this

If the store goes ahead and does its own thing, I doubt that FFG could actually do anything about it if they wanted to. I also suspect they would not do anything anyway as it would lose them a customer/supplier.

If the store goes ahead and does its own thing, I doubt that FFG could actually do anything about it if they wanted to. I also suspect they would not do anything anyway as it would lose them a customer/supplier.

FFG could remove them from the list of stores allowed to have Championships and  Regionals.