Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhinoviru3

Rhino's Rebel Repaints

47 posts in this topic

. lol then I have 2 painted yellow as guards for my school bus shuttle.

On the wingmen for the school bus shuttle, you should paint the solar panels as the big red stop signs school crossing guards carry.

Hilarious! 

I'm wondering whether to try a chevron or something. Gyah! 

Sable, its not that hard.. you can copy the decals off my thread and I can put others there.. just copy and use them to put on the shuttles.. overall paint job, some black on the tips of the wings.. it'll work out fine.. haha

Edited by oneway

I'm loving the creativity in this thread. Lots of good ideas. If only I could paint. :)

I can't really, it's all about trial and error!

If only you lived closer. I'd paint you stuff D:

Me too... heck, send me a shuttle and I'll paint you a school bus.. haha

SableGryphon likes this

Rhinoviru3, this is truly fine work, glad you updated the thread and added the YT-1300 re-trim, well worth it!

Also, another reason we need that gallery sub forum.

Sable, its not that hard.. you can copy the decals off my thread and I can put others there.. just copy and use them to put on the shuttles.. overall paint job, some black on the tips of the wings.. it'll work out fine.. haha

Someone need to bump update that thread.

Edited by LordCole
Rhinoviru3 likes this

Rhinoviru3, this is truly fine work, glad you updated the thread and added the YT-1300 re-trim, well worth it!

Also, another reason we need that gallery sub forum.

Someone need to bump update that thread.

Very kind of you, LordCole! I have a second one in the works (similar, but the blue is in a different pattern, and different panels have been picked out in other colours) although I do prefer my original! Pictures soon!

I also have a HWK and an A to do, so keep your eye on this thread! :D

And yes...we really do need a gallery. There are so many epic posts on here by ZombieHedgehog and the like, but the threads go missing very easily!

Edited by Rhinoviru3

Incoming HWK-290: DSC_0361.jpg

What base color and wash did you use here? I love how dark you have it and I think I want to use these colors for Foxcatch.

Edited by LordCole

Incoming HWK-290: DSC_0361.jpg

What base color and wash did you use here? I love how dark you have it and I think I want to use these colors for Foxcatch.

This was Graveyard Earth (old citadel paint, under a different name now) washed in Nuln Oil (twice, lightly) followed by a drybrush of Cadian Fleshtone. Simple and quick :)

More double-posting!

I did a very quick repaint of an A-Wing whilst waiting for my friend at my LGS. It's not properly weathered or washed yet, but  here are the results!

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

My GF9 mat turned up today, so I'll take some nice pictures of everything when I get a chance. Also, I feel an Imperial Repaint thread is overdue...

do you have any kind of walkthrough or advice on how to paint the miniatures and give it the weathered look? as a kid i built model cars/planes and painted, but nothing from my own head. also what paints to use, etc...I really want to try my hand at custom painting these and making my own 'squads'

Edited by heisenbergerwcheese

do you have any kind of walkthrough or advice on how to paint the miniatures and give it the weathered look? as a kid i built model cars/planes and painted, but nothing from my own head. also what paints to use, etc...I really want to try my hand at custom painting these and making my own 'squads'

The weathered look, I believe, came from drybrushing--basically, you get a lighter shade of the base color and put just a smidgen on the brush, and then dab it on; this will catch some of the highlights and a sort of mottled way. If you just brush it on normally instead of dabbing, you end up with some really good highlights instead.

Exactly that!

Base colour -> Wash -> Drybrush.

From there, I just add details like chipping and picking out various details.

Apologies for the lack of updates here guys, I do have an improvement on the Spear of Alderaan to post as I finally finished it for a painting competition. Also have more Imperials coming...

So I did a little more work on the Spear of Alderaan for the MM painting contest, this was my entry!

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

Much more to come for the Imps soon, Three TIE/sa are almost done!

LordCole and oneway like this