Available on the Genesys Foundry.
Gather your comrades and blast off to adventure in the Almacar Galaxy! Using the Genesys Roleplaying System, this sourcebook allows players to adventure through space discovering new worlds and riches, battle space pirates and raid the digital frontier, and unlock the mysteries of a newly discovered mystical power -- starcana. With an ancient threat emerging from the depths of space, the heroes of Starcana are in for a wild ride!
Adventure through the Almacar galaxy as explorers, pilots, soldiers, swindlers, and even magic-using starcanists. Travel through the interstellar nations of Known Space, where the fragile peace is mere moments away from shattering. Tread carefully with the Vilithic Church, whose priests and paladins shield civilization from the notice of the Vile Gods. Raid the digital Hyper-link network, mining for lost information and dark secrets. Explore the wild frontier worlds of The Edge defending colony worlds from pirates, greedy corporations, and other threats from beyond.
The Starcana Campaign Setting is a 116-page sourcebook for use with the Genesys Roleplaying System. In this book you’ll find new rules and new options for character creation, new weapons, equipment, vehicles, and adversaries, information on the Starcana Universe, and advice for gamemasters to run a campaign in the science-fantasy setting of Starcana. All rules and options presented in this book fit seamlessly with any setting using the Genesys roleplaying system. Recommendations for using rules from other Genesyssettings such as Realms of Terrinoth and Shadow of the Beanstalk are included as well.
It also includes:
• Eight new species gives GMs and players new options for races to use in their own sci-fi or fantasy settings. • Many of the careers presented can be brought over for a multitude of themes, from steampunk to modern, fantasy to post-apocalyptic horror, and everything in between.
• New skills and talents provide more options and choices for PCs to advance their characters.
• Two new item qualities are introduced; EMP (which targets an object or vehicle’s System Strain) and Forked (an attack that fans out over a wide area, striking multiple targets).
• 42 pieces of equipment, 33 new weapons, 6 new armors (including unique rules for power armor) satisfy any gear-head’s equipment needs.
• 19 vehicles from hoverbikes and hovertanks to frigates and fighters, including light and heavy mecha suits (called GEARs in Starcana).
• Jump gate travel times, story hooks, and 30 adversaries ready to be used or re-skinned to fit your campaign’s needs.
Start your adventure with the module Everything New is Old.
Character sheets are also available in printable or fillable versions.