Hello, I had a couple ambiguities rise up last night, we were playing the vanilla board game. I last played 7-8 years ago so I'm very rusty.
1. When you leave one of the Other Worlds by special means (find gate spell, encounter text) do you get the explored token? Can I save a turn by getting out with the spell and then close the gate?
2. The game says you need to deal with a monster when you try to leave or at the end of your turn. Which phase are we talking about? For example a player moved to a street with an activity (Terrible experiment rumour) that also had a monster, he wanted to clear monsters from the rumour, but didn't want to deal with the monster. At what phase do you have to deal with the monster?
3. A certain item, some flute that takes off 3 stamina and 3 sanity and kills all monsters in an area (one off). Could I have used that to clear out the Terrible Experiment rumour?
4. An encounter text made a player go to the woods and have a choice of 2 encounters... But it had a gate on it! How would you resolve that?
5. The terror level goes up every time a gate opens... Meaning it fills up pretty quick, doesn't it? Meaning the general store closes super fast... Right?
Thanks for helping!