Your templates are a great addition. Thank you.
We used them for the first time this weekend and I found the Rival was too close in power to the PCs in the party. Considering especially that the caster can still use their actions to make an additional attack, I've decided to nerf it a bit:
Rival (Medium Summon = 2d)
Skills: Brawl 2y, Perception 1y2g, Resilience 1y1g, Vigilance 1y1g.
Attack: Brawl; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Engaged]
Silhouette: 0 to 1
Our conjurer uses Primal and asked about more differences between Animal choices so I've worked up the following:
Animals vary greatly depending on what creatures are summoned. Chosen effect’s and senses should be appropriate to the animal summoned.
Effect: Vicious 2
Modifiers: +1 Soak & Survival 2
Special: Choose One Ability:
· Camouflage (add 2 Boost to Stealth checks in a natural environment)
· Minion Pack Tactics (when using the assist maneuver or brawl action add 1 Boost per minion)
· Pack Tactics (when using the assist maneuver, add 2 Boost instead of 1)
· Flight (must move each turn to stay aloft) & Dive Attack (if above the target, may close from medium range to engaged with a single move action and gain disorient 1 on brawl check).
· Trample (if takes a maneuver to move closer to a smaller Silhouette target before attacking, it gains 1 Boost to its attack check and deals +2 damage)
· Grapple (add ensnare 1 to brawl attack)
· Mount (Can be ridden by creature 1 silhouette smaller and add 5 to Carrying Capacity)
Choose One Sense:
· Acute Hearing (add boost die to perception and vigilance checks involving hearing)
· Scent (add 2 boost dice to survival and vigilance checks when conditions are favorable)
· Night Eyes (Remove one drawback die in dimly lit conditions, but add one when in full daylight)
· Eagle Eyes (add boost day to perception checks made at ranges beyond short)
Empowered: Savage (+2 damage, Pierce 1)
Thoughts are welcome!