Jump to content

Ablazoned

Members
  • Content Count

    94
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Ablazoned

  • Rank
    Member
  • Birthday

Recent Profile Visitors

97 profile views
  1. Ablazoned

    A Few wave 4 Abilities I've managed to translate.

    Okay that seems potentially balanced and *incredibly interesting.*. I'm in!
  2. Ablazoned

    A Few wave 4 Abilities I've managed to translate.

    I did some reflection and yeah, if it only applied to speed 4 and 5 it's good but not stupid. If it applies to 3 speed though...
  3. Ablazoned

    A Few wave 4 Abilities I've managed to translate.

    Okay you must be joking at this point right? Ric Ole would be stupid good with this ability.
  4. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    It turns a scyk in to a myxtylplk or sorta an rz-1 into a t-65? So 10-11 points now?
  5. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    I'm sort of in exactly the same position. I always latched onto anti-meta stuff because it was more satisfying, and I thought it gave me a good chance to win. Honestly the reason I'm chasing the worlds invite is because Coruscant was so much damme fun that I want the chance to do it again, hopefully with some of my squadmates this time! Of course I'll still have fun without winning big, but I am certainly still hungry.
  6. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    So you're saying you got a worlds invite not even caring?!!? 😂🤣😭 /s
  7. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    So this is something I've put a lot more thought into than wedge. The first answer is that I feel dirty bringing stuff like ghost/Fenn. Second, in my experience, I've only ever had anything like decent tournament results when I go anti-meta. That's sort of because what I mentioned before. Imagine each opponent has two traits- skill either good/bad and list either meta/not. That leaves four groups. I assume I'm worse than good players and better than bad players. If a meta is predictable, and I can design a not garbage squad with a better than average matchup against meta lists, I can gain a hopefully meaningful advantage on b/m players, close a little bit of the gap against g/m players, and hope my skill and preparation can help me navigate the b/n players in Swiss. By contrast, of I fly meta, I make myself vulnerable to other anti-meta while folding to better players in the (likely in cuts which is my goal) mirror. TL;DR the only way I'm going to have a chance at high-level performance is flying anti-meta. To me, it seems like that's pretty easy to say if you already have an invite and/or good performances behind you. I'm still hungry.
  8. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    A non-negligible advantage in 25-50% of matchups?...sign me up! Also, and i can't prove this, but I suspect that there's a strong interaction term between good players and good lists. If I thought back then that whisper and boba were the best pieces, I'd assume that other good players saw that too. That means that I'm more likely to face good players flying whisper and less good players flying something else than I am to face the obverse. If my goal (in a system open which is sorta the only hope someone of my middling ability has to get a worlds invite), mov means nothing, so getting small advantages all the time is better than big advantages more rarely. Of course none of this matters now after the points change and anything could be good.
  9. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    Of course I'm talking wave 2 meta here (but people what on wedge then too). In the krayts data set, whisper was in 26% of lists that made the cut, with boba just behind at 24%. In total 50% of cut games so kinda often??? Stripping tokens from whisper before she shot had compounding benefits such as turning off her pilot ability and/or making her choose between damage and being able to cloak. With boba the benefit was mostly straight damage but still nice. And yeah, we've had this debate plenty.
  10. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    TIL Whisper and Boba were edge cases!
  11. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    Oh God battle meditation...I guess I was a republic warrior all along?
  12. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    RAC/ Rexler I think is fine, too.
  13. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    I wonder how those Droid bombers are going to use barrage rockets...maybe the hidden tactical relay?
  14. Ablazoned

    Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

    ...wait. is there some degenerate interaction here I'm unaware of!?
  15. Ablazoned

    Protecting Peace - Jedi article

    Anakin is 6 and ahsoka is 3.
×