Hey Guys, I was Vetnor's opponent, so i figured i'd share a different perspecive of the battle.
- Context: Most Wanted (Corvette)
- Turn 2, i made the decision to engage his Corvette with 5x Ties, who were able to fire into the rear arc, after the Corvette's activation.
- 10x blue die, means i'm doing average 5 damage, 1 for shields/4 hull to take out corvette.
- A risk sure, the safer engagement would be to engage xwings and reassess from there.
- but in a tournament setting, extra victory points make it a juicy play and I wanted to test how it'd go. - the rebel x-wings moved into attack range of VSD turn 2, but were unable to attack.
The mistake I made in the play, was misjudging where my VSD would be positioned at the end of turn 2.
- this meant i was unable to use my turn 3 squadron dial to effectively respond to the xwing threat in time, which cost me the game.
Still! Was a great game to play, lessons were learnt and kudos to Vetnor for taking the win.