Vermin & Predators
Regarding the Gloomhaunt in particular - if I am reading the "Cranial Clasp" ability correctly the Gloomhaunt (who has just succeeded on its opposed silent move and subsequent charge attack thus grappling a PC) will deal 1d10+2 damage every round the grapple is maintained, right?
- I essentially don't have to roll anything other than opposed str tests each round and then roll and apply the damage, yes?
--------- > Yes.
The Gloomhaunt counts as having a Strength Bonus of 6 for the purposes of Grapple Tests. Only Grapple Tests are Opposed Strength Tests, so Strength Bonus doesn't really enter into it.
Personal Addition: I guess a better way to phrase this would be; does the higher Strength bonus apply to the grapple check for the purposes of the test? As if the Gloomhaunt has a new Strength?
-------- > I’d use the higher SB for the inflicted damage. It really doesn’t apply to the opposed test.
Normally Grapple victims get twice their Armour Protection against Grapple Damage. Whether this counts against the Gloomhaunt's 1d10+2R head-munching Grapple attack is unclear.
- Does it?
-------- > It doesn’t say it doesn’t, so it should.
In reference to the Verminspeaker Advance, the beast it can control cannot' have more than 19 hit points.
- Okay, does that mean that the beast cannot be large, more healthy, or if the beast is reduced to 18 wounds because of combat injury, can it be controlled because it is too exhausted to resist?
---------- > The former.
In reference to the Verminspeaker Advance
- If a creatures has more than one quality which one really counts? Because if you look closely some demon and xenos have also the beast quality. I find it very weird to control a deamon because of his beast quality.
---------- > I’d say no daemons, yes on xenos. Like it says, GM may impose other limitations.
In reference to the Verminspeaker Advance
- Does the verminspeaker need to see the creatures he control?
------- > No, but again GM can impose limitations as needed.
If no than it can control the skin stalker (beast option)?
- If yes, his first power gives him the possibility to establish a link with any creatures and he doesn't need to see it. So, he can see by the eyes of a creatures and then he can see the position of a creature and can then use his "domination power" no?
--------- > Probably, but GM makes final call.
I'm just going over the Creatures book, and came across the Genestealer's skill set. He's got UnAgX2 for an Ag Bonus of 12, fair enough. But, it also has Lightning Reflexes, where he doubles his Ag bonus for rolling Initiative.
- Does this mean he doubles his Ag Bonus on 6 to 12 and then adds a D10 for Initiative, or does he take his Ag Bonus of 6, double it to 12 from UnAgX2, and then double it again to 24 for Lightning Reflexes before rolling the d10?
--------- > Use the rules (as example, on p333 of core rulebook) for multiplying a multiple.
If you've been following closely you can tell that we've now reached the end of the archive questions for the rule supplements that I've read. I am continuing this endeavor, cut it will be a while before you see new rules questions. This is because of a couple of reasons.
1. I am reading the Dark Heresy novels and compiling described information from them about the Calixis, there aren't any questions concerning them as FFG had nothing to do with them, and I can't ask Sandy Mitchell about them as I've no way to contact them other than the ways I've tried and they have not been responsive. This should take another week or so to finish up.
After the novels I have a couple other pieces of literature I am grabbing information from as well, not nearly as long in length, but it'll still be about another week or so after I finish the novels off.
2. I have not read Tattered Fates (in the way that I am reading and compiling information about the books) yet, so that will take time as well, I don't know how long, a few weeks if I go slow, if I get a lot of free time I can get through it in a short amount of time.
3. After I do finish reading Tattered Fates I have to pick 10 questions to have answered still, there are no archive questions about it, so it frees up questions concerning only what I come up with.
In the meantime I'll be sending the unanswered archive questions to the producer I've been communicating with, and if they feel like answering a few here and there I'll post them up in the interim, until then I'll be seeing you.