All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi Thread! How many points should heroic cost?
  3. I also use Vassal on a Mac, so I feel your pain. My internet isn't that slow though; that sounds like an extra pain.
  4. Yeah, the Wedge version falls on its face. If your opponent targets Wedge, there's not much running you can do in an X-Wing and facing your opponent's squad the 2 shots seems accurate. I could usually kill one ship... but Wedge was worth more points than that one ship. Jake on the other hand can avoid trouble and if he's successfully flanked, outmaneuver is a wonderful upgrade (I'm the Wedge now!) and deals more damage over time than Wedge would in those two turns at the start of the match. Wedge ignored though.. wow, that was such a wonderful game for me. Total annihilation as my opponent tried (in vain) to catch Solo. Um... my opponent didn't have much fun.
  5. I've played against 2 Hans in hyperspace: one Han Wedge Luke and one Han Wedge Norra. Both with 5A. The Han Wedge Luke I had some pretty strong dice variance on my side to win, played well, and it was still sort of close. I don't know that I could have won given equal dice. The Han Wedge Norra was against Nick at the Milwaukee Hyperspace, I was his loss in Swiss. Again I had strong dice on my side but I got a lot of decent blocks on Han and won pretty easily. I think if dice weren't so strong in my favor it could have gone either way. I think that the Jake/Luke Gunner would be an interesting matchup because his offense is much lower, giving me a decent shot to win via my normal condition of careful MOV calculating. I'd really only need to get Han and Jake each to half points while only losing 2 A-wings over the course of the game, which if I play super cagey with Lulo is very doable. That being said, halving Jake and Han is tough action too, and if his red dice are hot I don't think I can win no matter how well I play.
  6. Just to be humorous... the most logical answer would to hide deep in the transport lol. Those trembling legs aren't meant for running.
  7. It’s not showing up in a search with the Overcast App.
  8. Thank you! But I think the questions remain to be stated: 1) If the wording "after the attack" resolves after step 4 (counterattack), when does the last stand fit into all of this? 2) How can you place "one card from the test" if you already had to shuffle` (and if you set it aside, doesn't that mess with the odds in weird ways, thereby breaking up the seamless card mechanics -- eg. I could set aside a weakness to improve the negate test odds)? 3) which test is "the test" (attack or negate)?
  9. I have been toying with this. New Squadron (76) Asajj Ventress [Lancer-class Pursuit Craft] (3) Hate (11) Maul (6) Shield Upgrade Points: 96 (49) 4-LOM [G-1A Starfighter] (5) 0-0-0 (3) Elusive (2) Mist Hunter (0) Jamming Beam (10) Advanced Sensors (2) Deadman's Switch Points: 71 (30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter] (2) Trick Shot Points: 32 Total points: 199 Alot of stress flying around. I really like hate on asajj. She will take damage easily enough. I know shield upgrades are not a comkonly liked upgrade, but i find they are worth it. Deadman switch is on 4LOM. Lets face it, he will get shot up, and you want him at range one anyways.
  10. Yes, the dodge token is only used to be able to use the abbility of deflect. Then you're just defending as normal (being able to cancel hits or crits) with the only change that you convert surges to shields and every surge makes 1 damage to the attacker.
  11. Staelwulf

Deflect Question

Yes he can. Deflect happens as an armor save after all hit modifiers have been accounted (Crits, Cover, Dodgetoken, Keywords...). In this stage it doesn't matter if the enemy had surge, crits or hits.
  12. Thanks! I’m trying to figure out which shortcuts work. My computer/internet is so slow. Some actions take 5-8 seconds to complete. Each movement along the tool takes about 5-8 seconds. So, a three speed can take 30 seconds with clicking and waiting. Same with Set button. I can click and it won’t show up in the chat for 5-8 seconds. Doesn’t sound like much but it’s a long time when an opponent is waiting to see you do something. I’m learning and getting faster with my part though. Just got to figure out how to speed up the computer/internet. Gonna gonna go to a coffee shop or somewhere with a faster connection and see if that helps.
  13. I've got 6 factions right now. I'm holding off on the Republic until ships I like are released. I have indeed used all 6 since 2.0 has been released, though some much less than others.
  14. The secret is that TIE Fighters are significantly overpriced because otherwise Howlrunner would have to cost like 80 points. When was the last time you saw somebody just toss a generic TIE or two into a random unrelated list? (Closest thing in 2.0 is Gideon in the TIE Salad lists, but he's obviously got a very good pilot ability and a strong initiative.)
  15. There is no ruling for this but the most logical answer would be that they disembark into the direction of the closest border.
  16. I have been running this to decent success. New Squadron (60) Anakin Skywalker [Delta-7 Aethersprite] (4) R2 Astromech (10) Calibrated Laser Targeting Points: 74 (46) Mace Windu [Delta-7 Aethersprite] (16) Delta-7B (2) R4 Astromech Points: 64 (44) Saesee Tiin [Delta-7 Aethersprite] (16) Delta-7B (2) R4 Astromech Points: 62 Total points: 200 Mace and Saesee run together. Anakin does his own thing. I find CLT triggers often enough. The R2 is there to help keep him alive. If he lossed a shield, i disengage, manuever to not get targeted, and regen the shield. The R4 astromechs open up Saesees ability.
  17. I think Ion Scyks at 31 would be good, really good, down to 28 is dangerously underpriced, compared to a tie fighter only five points to get a sheild and third attack die and ability to ionise ships. HLC should come down a point, the. we'd start seeing it a lot more, especially on T70's
  18. ok thanks dwaynedauzat...but thats a shame..i am playing Star Wars, i would like to play Luke, Han, IG88 etc and not generic wookie. i had a feeling when i opened the blister pack, and there was no hero card, that i might be let down. i was hoping it might have been in a big box expansion. thxs again.
  19. I've played against the Wedge version in Hyperspace. I didn't notice myself making serious mistakes, and thought my opponent probably engaged incorrectly, and it still required a lot of creative blocking of self and Han to give me a chance to win. It wouldn't have taken much of a dice swing to lose that game, and I'm not sure I could have played notably better. I killed Wedge early and got up on points, but it was still very close. I'll note that it was on Vassal, and had a 19 round limit, so I attempted to push the engagement to finish the game instead of waiting around for 19 turns. A 75 minute game probably makes getting up and playing very conservatively more effective and palatable. I haven't played against the Jake version. I suspect it doesn't give up points as easily as Wedge, but I also suspect it leaves more work for Han to do. I might be wrong, though. Most Wedge builds are probably not getting more than 1-2 shots anyway, so maybe Jake played well can do more.
  1. Load more activity