All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I was misquoted plus I was young and stupid. The action was not a double boost but Jake's card could be misleading.
  3. Cool, must be on mine too then. I might cut it off and use it to make something else look fiercer! 😄
  4. I am going to fly the list below at an upcoming Hyperspace tournament. It has proven to be the best for my current style of play after trying one other list. My question is whether to take away the tactical officer to give Ten Numb a shield upgrade instead of the hull upgrade to postpone possible crits during the game and save points. This would also allow me to give Braylen Crack Shot, which he may need since he likes close quarters combat. However, Tac Officer can give target locks and focuses to friendly ships as well. Plus, I have seen many other U-Wings with only Leia. Thoughts? UT-60D U-wing - •Cassian Andor - 51 •Cassian Andor - Raised by the Rebellion (47) Tactical Officer (2) •Leia Organa (2) RZ-1 A-wing - •Arvel Crynyd - 39 •Arvel Crynyd - Green Leader (34) Intimidation (3) Predator (2) A/SF-01 B-wing - •Ten Numb - 59 •Ten Numb - Blue Five (46) Advanced Sensors (10) Hull Upgrade (3) A/SF-01 B-wing - •Braylen Stramm - 51 •Braylen Stramm - Blade Leader (47) Shield Upgrade (4) Total: 200/200 View in the X-Wing Squad Builder
  5. I would also think that Outcast would have made a fine third specialization for the Jedi career rather than being Universal. Sure, everybody can become an Outcast, but most are/were Jedi or at least trained in the Jedi-arts. It would have also given us three starting Jedi specializations which would have also been "a systemic thing."
  6. I've heard some grumbling about the limited nature of the Genesys fear system. I understand some work has been done for specific settings, but I figured I'd give my take on a generalized version. I would like to introduce the Nerve system, meant to inject some extra tension to your horror settings. This is still very much a work in progress and open to feedback, suggestions, and changes. Nerve and Insanity [V. 0.01a] Nerve The world is a hard place and we can often have a hard time coping with all the hardships of life. Especially when those hardships might include ravenous zombies, hidden conspiracies, or mad gods of death. Nerve is meant to track a characters immediate mental well being through the story. While nerve is tied to strain, and could largely be thought of as a critical injury system for strain, it is its own attribute. Characters will usually start with a strain of nine have the same level of maximum strain of ten. Damage Characters typically lose nerve by gaining strain. starting at a loss of one nerve per strain. For every two levels of cool and/or discipline a character has increase the strain needed to harm nerve by one. So a character with three cool and two discipline will lose one nerve for every three strain taken. Certain events in the narrative may also result in loss of nerve, such as a particularly devastating relation or rolling a despair. Healing There a few different ways to increase your nerve. Healing two strain always heals one nerve up to nine, unless specified otherwise in a talent. Characters can also do things like meditate, listen to music, or give each other a reassuring word to heal strain. This will usually only heal one strain unless it's something particularly epic. Characters are also reward three nerve for a good nights sleep. Nerve Table 10 - Meditive (+2 boost on Intellect, Cunning, and will checks) 9 - Calm (+1 boost on checks) 8 - Uneasy 7 - Nervous 6 - Anxious 5 - Stressed (+1 setback on checks) 4 - Freaking 3 - Frightened (+2 setback) 2 - Panicking (Chance of psychosis on magic despair) 1 - Hysterical (+1 challenge) 0 - Completely lost it (instant psychosis, return to level 4) Insanity Sometimes we can't cope at all, and simply break. We stop perceiving the world as it is and our connection to reality might become lost. Insanity tracks the long term degradation of a characters breaking mind. Every time you gain insanity roll 2d10 and subtract twice your will power from the result. Add this result to your current insanity level and add any new psychosis you might have landed on. You do not loose a psychosis by gaining a new one. Insanity Table: 00 Sane (No effect) 01-10 Cracking (No effect) 11-15 Obsession 16-20 Melancholy 21-25 Distrusting 26-30 Twitchy (+1 setback to agility and brawn checks) 31-35 Paranoia 36-40 Broken Heart 41-45 Delusions 46-50 Spasmodic Attacks (+1 difficulty to agility and brawn checks) 51-55 Phobia 56-60 Depression 61-65 Whispered voices 66-70 Palsy (+1 challenge to agility and brawn checks) 71-75 Hallucinations 76-80 Existential Dread 81-85 Split Personality 86-90 Frequent Seizures (+2 challenge to agility and brawn checks) 91-100 Coma To do (suggestions welcomed): Work out how to heal insanity Add effects to all levels of insanity Create custom talents Fine tune Documentise?
  7. Nope. Doesn't seem to be. That gun is on mine.
  8. I like that idea for Gand Findsman. Gand Findsman: After all units have been deployed during Setup, choose 1 Hero. You add 1 yellow die to your attack pool while attacking that hero and ignore hostile figures when determining line of sight to that hero. So here are two other ideas I had, with some help (possibly from one of the developers that worked on this game 😉). Zuckuss would have two surge abilities. One for Weakened. The other for Stunned. Patient Hunter: You may either recover 1(damage) or discard 1 HARMFUL condition each time a hostile figure becomes Stunned or Weaken by one of your attacks. To represent 4-LOM's "kleptomania," I was thinking of a way for him to affect supply crates. (Special Action) Master Thief: Add 1(strain token) to an adjacent crate and gain 1 (wild power token). When a hero interacts with a crate that has a (strain token) on it, they must suffer 3(strain) or discard the crate token with no effect. I was thinking 4-LOM should also have something like Malice: You gain 1(wild power token) each time a hostile figure in your line of sight receives one or more conditions from a friendly figure's attack. 4-LOM's abilities would also include (surge)Pierce 2 and (surge)Bleeding.
  9. I don't remember it having that big gun before. But then, I never used one, so maybe I just never noticed.
  10. I also suspect it's a systemic thing. As in, FFG has decreed that every universal specialization tree with a force talent in it (unlike the "jedi carear", which isnt universal) must grant a force rating, because it's in-carear for every EoE and AoR carear.
  11. It seems like just a few weeks ago, I was rolling my eyes at threads about how difficult swarms are to fly, and how they're not good, and even how bad Howlrunner is: "Her ability should be out to range 2"...
  12. Definitely this. The Padawan Survivor was based upon Kanan to begin with.
  13. I found Realms more useful in adding to the system than Shadow.
  14. looks decent. i was looking at sabine wren. with perceptive copilot u have auto evade vs first attacker. i think this is one of the interactions scum has that is very strong but not seeing play at all. this squad is more slow rolling death but very durable. iv actually found ketsu's pilot ability harder to pull off than expected, its more the title that doesn the work imo.
  15. This is simply incorrect. A character's Silhouette has no effect on how much Encumbrance it takes to carry the character. All characters can be carried for (5+ Brawn) Encumbrance regardless of them being a Sil 0 Toydarian or a Sil 2 Dowutin. It's a stupid rule, but that's the RAW.
  16. Swap swarm leader on the hired gun for Sabine in the shadow caster? Drop r4 and initiative for another gunner? Sabine Wren (Scum) (64) Perceptive Copilot (8) Shadow Caster (6) Crymorah Goon (31) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Lok Revenant (43) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Jakku Gunrunner (32) Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0
  17. While I think, the card's text is not active while attached to a Hobgoblin due to its forced effect, it would be funny, if it was: Imagine the Hobgoblin trying to loot some equipment and accidentally springing the trap.
  18. I think Jamming Beam is ok at 0 points as it's use is so specific and edge case. Good against token stackers if the jammer has a two die primary, good against reinforced ships, edge cases for IG-88 B and gunboats. Also it does no damage so I thinking ok. But I certainly don't want to see any more non-configuration / title zero point upgrades. Intact I prefer titles to have a cost, but see why the Ghost title costs zero.
  19. Thank you. Curious, does the Clone Soldier Career actually state anywhere that only Clones can take the career? (Similar to the Retired Clone Trooper Universal Specialization)
  20. Today
  21. was tinkering with this low initiative variant too. 2,2,2,1 int. Shadowport Hunter (60) Perceptive Copilot (8) Shadow Caster (6) Ship total: 74 Half Points: 37 Threshold: 5 Hired Gun (33) Squad Leader (6) Dorsal Turret (2) R4 Astromech (2) Ship total: 43 Half Points: 22 Threshold: 4 Lok Revenant (43) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Ship total: 51 Half Points: 26 Threshold: 5 Jakku Gunrunner (32) Ship total: 32 Half Points: 16 Threshold: 3 Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!128:54,,,,160:;87:131,137,,,5,,,:;146:137,,90,,,,:;143:,,,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs= it gives you a slightly sturdier jousting squad where coordinate from Hired Gun can support either SP Hunter or Lok Revenant. Its got very good firepower at close range and you can still get off two tractor token attacks thanks to shadowcaster title and jakku. i might give it a go.
  22. Interesting. I was looking for a pic like the second one you posted here. I was worried the walkers would still be too small, but now I’m thinking they might be about right.
  23. yep, i tried seevor/L337+TacticalOfficer/Ketsu+title+PerceptiveCopilot/OldT+Predator. It was pretty solid but lacked punch on offense. coordinating double focus on Ketsu was great, the best thing about the squad, just means that escape craft doesnt get mods when it fires, didnt seem like much of an issue until i needed it to chip in dmg in the end stages of the game. Seevor was pretty solid, versatile blocker butmaybe this isnt the list for him. Still tinkering. So my conclussion... after 3 games with the list was it needed another 3 atk dice ship or something more durable perhaps... jakku gunrunners could be good here as they are best at range one (3 dice) and are quite durable with 5 hull. back to your squad variant, have u played it. any luck with it? I still havent tested out Talonbane, he still might make this squad. Afterburners on him would actually be a good idea, just hard to find the points. im actually thinking kavil is maybe better than Nym as a durable bomb carrier who can also chip in damage. My thinking is he is more manuverable and should be able to take less fire while jousting. Yes his 1 def dice isnt great but hes durable enough hat as long as you dont take shots from multiple ships he should eb able to stay on the table enough to dish out some damage. Thats what the squad needs. More dmg output imo.
  24. i agree. while fortressing maybe never was a big problem, it certainly doesn't make for a fun play experience. in my opinion, it's not in line with the spirit of the game as an simulated intense dogfight in space. the same can be said for other things in the game as well, of course. such as fat han in general and ultra fat han (with luke gunner) in particular. also, all of the obstacle shenanigans, such as mining guild ties, dash rendar and grappling struts. that said, grappling struts are pretty amazingly well designed, i just don't like them, or gas clouds in general. obstacles should be obstacles, you should be extremely careful when moving around them or be punished when you are so bold as to take the risk of moving through them. please be mindful that those are just my opinions, based on my idea what is fun and great about this game. if you don't agree, i totally accept and respect that. it's also worth noting that since this isn't a rules question, this thread belongs somewhere else on these forums. probably the main forum. additionally, these forums do not work as a feedback tool for getting in contact with the game developers. to my knowledge, there is currently no direct way to forward feedback to the game developers. to express you concerns, i recommend using the general contact form or rules question form that can be found here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/customer-service/
  25. Kanan's probably more the Padawan Survivor from Dawn of Rebellion than Force Outcast, especially since they used his likeness for the spec's "iconic character" image.
  26. Probably been mentioned somewhere here, but one thing about VTs is they really don't fly all that well with Jedi. You can put them in a list with Jedi, but flying them in close proximity is a good way to limit your own Jedi options. They even struggle a bit in proximity with arcs since the arcs take up a lot of space (so they move faster) and actually have a better dial, In most other factions the fodder filler has a dial that works pretty well with their aces or at least most of the rest of the faction. I wonder if this is actually making a bad dial feel worse to people when they are flying them in a mixed formation. I've found they work better in a very loose/wide formation that gives space for maneuvering, and if with Jedi, coming in from separate angles.
  1. Load more activity