All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This is what I love about Xwing! Thanks for the write up!
  3. Name: Sloane double isd1 Faction: Imperial Commander: Admiral Sloane Assault: Close-Range Intel Scan Defense: Fighter Ambush Navigation: Superior Positions Imperial I (110) • Admiral Sloane (24) • Boosted Comms (4) • Leading Shots (4) • Quad Battery Turrets (5) • Avenger (5) = 152 Points Imperial I (110) • Admiral Chiraneau (10) • Boosted Comms (4) • Leading Shots (4) • Quad Battery Turrets (5) = 133 Points Squadrons: • Maarek Stele (21) • Mauler Mithel (15) • Valen Rudor (13) • Whisper (20) • Howlrunner (16) • Zertik Strom (15) • Saber Squadron (12) = 112 Points Total Points: 397
  4. Not necessarily, Sabine and Bossk have different sets of arms but are not on sprues. Grievous's body, legs, and head appear to be in the same position, so FFG could have just put extra arms into the box without a sprue.
  5. Rulebook 1.3 "When using an ability on a card with multiple abilities, only one can be used unless an ability specifically states that it is used before, when, or after the other ability is resolved."
  6. According to the Legion Wiki, that is not true. Almost every month has had at least 1 release of some kind (excluding the April immediately following the release), and they are typically in the last half of the month, but not always the third Thursday. Sometimes it has been the fourth Thursday, some have been on a Tuesday.
  7. I second this. 8 hull, speed 3, rogue, counter 1, and they have good anti squad and anti ship dice? So much fun to run 6 of these bad boys at a time. It's a bad case of the VTs.
  8. Grievous was obvious (I forgot to mention) since we have seen at least 2 different poses in previews.
  9. Grievous is also on sprue according to the article and announcement.
  10. The Limited List On a general level I am . . . intrigued. They are not full out changing the cards via errata (which would be "interesting" in terms of future reprints of sets and such. And the changes are clearly in response to players - of a generally non-competitive game. So on a theoretical level it is fascinating just for that. For those specific cards: Higher Education - Given the hype, what is wrong with a cost of 8? That puts it on a level with Gold Pocket Watch. In fact looking at it that way, if they change was to add 1 xp to the cost plus the Exceptional keyword to the text it would cost the same 8 xp. And for other cards costing more than 5 xp, we have Ace in the Hole, Borrowed Time, and Stick to the Plan, all with an effective cost of 6, in addition to Gold Pocket Watch at 8. Oh, and the newly mutated Key of Ys is now 6 xp. As such, the 5 xp "limit" has been broken for awhile and gets grown. Scrapper - Well, people wanted a high cost Survivor card, and now they have one. Streetwise/Keen Eye - Streetwise also gets the Higher Education treatment, but Keen Eye doesn't. Uh huh. Not that I mind, I love Guardians. But is Streetwise really as "bad" as Higher Education? Switchblade (2) - Is now Switchblade (3). That seems almost unnecessary for a +2 Fight, +1 Damage (limited) weapon. As printed it is equal to the revised Machete (2) and Blackjack (2). Between this, Streetwise, and revised Elusive (2), Rogue are getting rogued. The Mutated List So Milan Christopher gets taken down 2 notches, and Rex Murphy's cluevering follows right behind. Combined those make the new Fingerprint Kit and Connect the Dots a LOT more relevant. You can't Delve that Deep anymore, which will cause issues with the Limited List for some, and for Mystics upgrading their spells, which boosts Arcane Research.. Also, no more Sleight of Handing those Chicago Typewriters. (Aka, Highlander Goes Rogue.) And no "50 Actions in a Single Round" Ace in the Hole theoretical mega-combos. Seriously, are Rogues truly that berserk? Maybe I need to build and play more. And the Key of Ys only works for a player once, and costs more to use that one time.
  11. @Caimheul1313 indeed; been helping me slowly gather max units of everything.
  12. To be fair, the article has the intended quarter for release. FFG have pushed releases back before for various reasons, and I'm sure it will happen again. Whether or not this is the case with the currently announced releases, we'll see.
  13. Max actually said it was GMs prerogative with the default being that the TN doesn't change, commenting that allowing for the TN to be modified made Fire opps more powerful. He did end that it was more important that the GM be consistent.
  14. So are destroyer droids; there was a pic from the initial adepticon announcement floating around for a while of the way the frame was laid put
  15. With the way the points and upgrade systems work (both variable), I think that card packs are the missing piece of control that FFG is lacking in. They are necessary for getting all seven (freaking SEVEN now) factions on the same page as far as generic upgrades [FFG stated that in 2.0 you would not have to hunt down a particular expansion JUST to get your hands on that one upgrade that would complete your list. However, the card packs really shine in terms of releasing new content for expansions that are already out. This could mean new pilots, configurations, and titles for ships that we have had for some time. Side note: I honestly think that the only way to fix the TIE aggressor and defender would be new pilots.
  16. In regards to machete: It Can’t be included from start unless you have some starting xp. If a person wants it in their deck, they pay 2 xp when upgrading cards. The level remains the same so someone like Carolyn could still take it if they wanted to spend the xp.
  17. Without seeing the model I can't say for sure, but it might just require 4 magnets (2 on the sidecar, 2 on the speeder). Or two magnets (one on each) and not snipping off the attachment rod.
  18. So I don't think you need Gonk there. ID would be used specifically in those couple of cases where it'll save you from leaping into the killbox. Think of it like you should think of Heroic: a 1 point upgrade that you might trigger a couple times across an entire tournament as insurance. If it saves Han from death by focus fire even one game it's probably worth the points.
  19. I may have to try this out against 2 ships lists.
  20. Except for that the Venator can not take Leading Shots. Do you think changing up the def tokens to the standard Home One Loadout would make it more balanced for the cost? Also, i think the double def slot of the Assault Cruiser Home One makes a huge difference. So it would be more fair to compare the Venator Star Destroyer Variant to the Command Cruiser Home One and there it is only 1 point difference regarding cost.
  21. Nah, he's only picking the two out of the four that he needs to do on any given turn. All of the games I've played against Han have been without Luke, and he only needs to rotate his turret a couple times a game then. Most of the time that force point is available. He doesn't need to park every turn, only the turns where it is needed. Maybe 3-4 times a game. R2D2 isn't even needed for ID to be worth 1 point IMO on an I6, because often that stop will prevent a lot more than one damage anyway. The turns he isn't parking, he can afford to take a hit because he's just gonna regen than shield back. Han is only stressing the couple of times that he's using ID or the couple of times he is boosting. Both are purely defensive moves, only needed a few times a game. Lets say, half the turns (which is probably too high). There is also the option to not remove the stress with Kanan because the next move will likely be blue anyway and you have the force point in case you roll an eyeball. Which you won't always.
  22. Here’s my take on the double ghost list: New Squadron (73) Hera Syndulla [VCX-100 Light Freighter] (5) Nien Nunb (5) Seasoned Navigator (4) Ion Cannon Turret (6) Veteran Turret Gunner (2) Fire-Control System (2) Trick Shot Points: 97 (70) "Chopper" [VCX-100 Light Freighter] (4) Ion Cannon Turret (6) Veteran Turret Gunner (8) Magva Yarro (8) Saw Gerrera (2) Fire-Control System Points: 98 Total points: 195 you have 2 choices, chase hera who can pretty much dial what ever she wants, and get chased by chopper who is just out to murder things or go after chopper and have a ps5 dial changing Hera chasing you down
  23. gennataos

Inert Fat Han

Thanks. This is the kind of stuff I find interesting, real game accounts of how things worked out.
  1. Load more activity