All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Correct, there's no reason to assume you couldn't move within the water. Heck, I'm pretty sure that things that float, would still "float" towards the surface of the water, because floating is a function of relative density and pressure, not gravity. I think?
  3. Not sure they got it right though. I think you could still swim to the “surface” in the giant bubble, you just couldn’t actually leave the water entirely. So no serious risk of drowning. I think.
  4. I want to let this go. I want to just bloody walk away. But this kind of thinking, this kind of statement, this gets so far up my nose. First. ONE result is not statistically significant. This gentleman in question is an outlier. A savant. Kudos to him, but he more proves the point than otherwise. Second. I've been keeping track. In the last six months, I've played 105 games of X-Wing, all casual. Of those 62 have been with Scum. The remaining 43 have been in Rebel, Imperial, a few Resistance, and a very few CIS. Within Scum, my record is 22 wins and 40 losses. Within all other factions, my record is 25 wins and 18 losses. All casual games against a variety of opponents representing every faction. Obviously, I prefer Scum. I fly Scum more often. I am more practiced with Scum. But I can have more success just picking up any old ****** thing from any other faction, practice be damned. This tells me, at least, that Scum is pretty ****** right now. Sorry, but seriously. Right up my nose. End rant. And the points change can't come soon enough. And I hope it's effective.
  5. I tend to keep mine on my map edge, but I also mark the center rivet with numbers matching the ship ID, tell my opponent that, and will put them by the ship if requested.
  6. Gorgemaw is a blast. He feels like a 47-62 point aggravating distraction. I let him cut loose on a flank and harass anything out there. If that flank is empty he arcs in for surprising amounts of flank damage given his dice pool and lack of brutal. Im struggling with Beastmaster because I feel like he has to stay where he can support and it’s not quite clicking.
  7. Probably true, although, and I know it has a bad rap, but the 47 has the speed and base size such that it can reach out and touch something 4 feet away turn 1. And of course, Pathfinders.
  8. In true Military Management Fashion, if in doubt, try putting elements in your opponent's list into a four-box model*: In this case, your two questions are "How Hard Is It To Kill?" and "How Much Damage Is It Going To Do If I Ignore It?" How Hard Is It To Kill? Needs your entire squad_______________Engage if you get the chance but don't actively manoeuvre to engage___________________________________KILL MIRANDA DONI FIRST** (actively manoeuvre to engage even at the risk of ignoring other targets) Can kill at any point___________________Actively Ignore in favour of other targets________________________________________________________Deliberately manoeuvre to engage early on ___________________________________________Limited_______________________________________________________________________________________________________Lots__________________________________How Much Damage Is It Going To Do If I Ignore It? * The original, if you're interested, was a German Werhmacht officer's way of (privately!) categorising his senior officers: Energetic____________Important Front-Line Command_____________________Do Not Trust With ANYTHING IMPORTANT Lazy_________________Strategic Staff Position______________________Boring, Routine, But Vital Logistics Duties _________________________Clever_______________________________________________________Stupid ** Ahem. Maybe some old 1st edition reflexes triggering there.... Sorry.
  9. There's 7 factions and you've only played rebels and resistance?
  10. You are Ebon's substitute when Pod didn't show up? I wondered whom they had gotten to represent them in the end.
  11. I think I've been too enamoured with running Gorgemaw that I haven't bothered as much with Beastmaster
  12. I have never flown any scum, ever. In 2.0, I have only flown the “bad guy” factions.
  13. Yes but you could give them a nav token for one speed change per game. Good for that crit that reduces your speed I suppose or for occasionally avoiding a collision with one of your own warships. The main objective of the scenario is for the freighters to get into the enemy deployment zone and hyperspace out so I immagine speed 2 will be the usual initial setting for them. The reason for no commands is to speed the game up. The freighters are in addition to the player's 400 points and so if each does a command each turn they behave a little more like warships able to turn well, repair or activate reasonable number of squadrons and have better flak etc. The extra rules are just to tone down their abilities to be sort of moving cargo canisters (as freighters should be). The one command token per freighter just adds a little personal preference and flexibility.
  14. I always wonder about combining Ion Cannons with Heavy Laser Cannon on Scyks or Gunboats - 3-4 Ion Cannons and 2-3 Heavy Laser Cannons (not sure on the right mix). A Heavy Laser Cannon is good for its cost on a relatively cheap, undergunned chassis, but actually getting a shot with it isn't that easy. Ionized targets are extremely predictable because it's basically 1-forward with no repositioning. That sounds like a deeply unpleasant situation when high-power boresight weapons are looking for a shot.
  15. Sadly it could be worded the same way. I asked this question because having played other games from FFG there were situations when one card said reduce by x to a minimum of 1 and another card said reduce by y without a restriction. The minimum of 1 was regarded as absolute. And so „you may include up to 2 rebel Deployment cards“ could also impose an absolute maximum. Good to know how it works in this game but it always depends on the wording the designers have established for „their“ game.
  16. We’ll be live at around 7PM UTC or as soon as the points go live and the FFG stream is over with at www.twitch.tv/teammechkillers If you can’t catch us live, follow us on Podbean or iTunes!
  17. No, pretty sure they would just die in massive numbers just trying to approach the gun line. Maybe they'd put in some work and take out a squad, but I doubt it.
  18. Today
  19. No, that's fair. I was specifically referring to trying to take both out with your flanking force. Hitting them in a pincer is entirely valid, though it does, of course, require you to devote at least two units to the destruction of a single sniper team, and likely not one on turn 1 or two if you're able to maneuver that far.
  20. Quite amazing the amount of work you have put into this , and it does have a lot of useful tools for co-operative play in there - so thank you
  21. That's good, but without commands doesn't that mean freighters are locked a the speed you deploy them at?
  22. Agreed. High threat, but alot of work for 52p.
  23. I get the uses of his skill. I personally struggle a bit to use it since (I think) I tend to spread my Uthuk across the board. Maim wonder what do you put on Beastmaster? Do people just run him naked and lean into his skill? Driven Fury and Tyrant’s Lash have worked for me. Have people made Cunning Strikes or Beastial Ferocity work?
  24. I am guessing that you are playing one of the factions that dislike him 😉
  25. You may even say a lack of table-scaling would make the Emperor....Cross
  1. Load more activity