All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This. A swarm-esque force that can sacrifice one attack to whomp a reinforce token before laying into it is the best use I've found. 3 T70s firing on an unprotected target is better than 4 firing on a reinforced one. A friend has also made use of them against phantoms - If you only have one shot at range 2, the odds are low of a kill, but the odds of a hit are reasonable. Normally the defender (echo) would accept losing a shield then bugger off into cloak at the end of the round and with his ability could be bloody anywhere by the next engagement round. With a jam token, there's no damage but next turn the phantom is stuck relying on a non-too-great dial.
  3. I have not thought of the Crack Shot/Duchess version before.... could be interesting. Recently I have been playing 2 Reaper/3 Ruthless Strikers. It is interesting.... It is a non-trivial matter of getting the Reapers to jump in and block something. If they do, and you manage to wipe something on the first engagement without losing a ship, you are usually in a good spot.... especially if you are blocking an action dependent ace. You have to know when to start slow and when to gun it from the start. If your first engagement goes wrong, you are Super Dead. If your opponent can Initiative Kill a Striker without it firing, you are Super Dead. The game can be clawed back if you lose one Reaper without losing any of the Strikers, particularly if the Reaper "helped" the Strikers, but it is an uphill battle. Today, for example, I went 1W 4L (and a bye) at a Hyperspace Trial, with at least two games being decided on the initial engagement, and one being partially dice dependent (if I throw 12+ shots in a game and deal only one damage total to mostly Agility 2 ships, I think it is fair to say dice variance was a factor in that game)... but 4-4 in our monthly league (and felt that I should have gone much better, except that I choked in the last two games). It is easy to risk a Reaper by overcommitting with Ruthless, but if you can keep them both alive for one turn, the opponent has to find a way to deal with it the next turn. It is also something I am looking to not do ever again
  4. Im still yet to try out a bellyrub with kracken and 6 vultures, as Ive been having way too much fun with 8 vultures with esc's. 4 ps 3 and 4 ps 1 is 200 on the nose. 8 esc's on the opening engagement (or rather the threat of if) is great. It also helps force target priority issues, as they are all the same.
  5. UK Games Expo is the world’s third largest tabletop gaming event with more than 39,000 visitors over three days at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England. https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/ This year those loveable rogues from the Drawn to the Flame podcast have used their charm and panache to make some Arkham Horror LCG events happen for the first time ever! On Friday afternoon from 1 to 2 pm there will be a live recording of a Drawn to the Flame episode. This is a completely free event but is capped at 350 people. They will be revealing not one but two brand, new never seen before cards. On Saturday 40 people get to play the two part scenario Guardians of the Abyss. Part one runs from 10am till 1pm and is £5.00 entry. Part two runs from 2pm till 5pm and is £5.00 entry. You will need to bring your own Standalone deck and all the tokens you need to play, but not a copy of the scenario. On Sunday 40 people get to play “The Depths of Yoth” in endless standalone mode. The event opens at 10am and if you are still playing at 4pm they will kick you out. If you are coming with an existing group then you can drop in and get started any time before 2pm. This is also and is £5.00 entry. Tune into the Drawn to the Flame social media for any informal meetups, pickup games or whathaveyou. Twitter: @drawntotheflame Facebook: @drawntotheflamepodcast If you want this in video form then you are welcome
  6. Seems like a fun place to start! Enjoy!
  7. It looks like a fun list and I'm looking forward to trying it out How well does this work with Disarray? This list seems like it could pull it off.
  8. I changed Brunson to "unknown" and corrected Tagge's date of extermination. Also I added the known fates of ISD and SSD ship titles. For rebels I added ship title and other named upgrades to compete the list. Have fun!
  9. Tbh I think you've hit the high points. The super tactician droid from Rebels would be cool to see (and likewise, the tactician droid as the generic commander), as well as OOM-9, and maybe Nute Gunray, but beyond that I think that gives us a lot.
  10. Reordered the list a bit. Rebel Only: General Rieekan Bail Organa Lando Calrissian Admonition Yavaris Imp Only: Grand Admiral Thrawn Governor Pryce Captain Brunson Avenger Demolisher Both Factions: Strategic Adviser Ordnance Experts Gunnery Team Engine Techs Electronic Countermeasures Leading Shots XI7 Turbolasers Boosted Comms Assault Proton Torpedoes Turbolaser Reroute Circuits External Racks Comms Net
  11. It'll be interesting to see what happens with AT-RT's once Tauntauns are out.
  12. I very rarely take my wife to any of this stuff but we also have a rule. If I can take a kid with me (to whatever), it doesn't count as burning any of my chips. I married a mundane. Best decision of my life. If my wife showed any more interest in this stuff, I'd be like a gambling or drug addict, only, for nerd gaming stuff. I would over-indulge to the point of self-ruin. I am not exaggerating. She always liked traditional games so she'll play things like D20 minis and Heroscape. She likes to sew and to camp so she'll make herself an outfit and hang out at the occasional reenactment event. But she reserves slight and vague judgement for all this "nerd stuff" as you put it. Thank the geez. Or my life would be pathetic. She doesn't judge it any more harshly than a lot of women do their husbands golf clubs or fishing gear, but, it's enough to introduce a control element into the system. Yep. That's totally what it is in my case. I was thwarted in my interest in this stuff as a kid (cause my parents thought DnD would get us into death cults or something) and now it's forever lodged in the pleasure center of my brain. In the way that only thwarted youthful ambitions can be.
  13. Hey look, contempt for each other's hobbies is not a healthy thing in any kind of relationship. My partner and I have plenty in common to find in common with each other - but wargaming is not one of those. She likes the painting and artistry, but she's lukewarm about the gaming. And that's fine. Coupledom doesn't mean sharing anything and everything. But a relationship where you have to settle doesn't sound great at all.
  14. So I am working on my painting...but I'm getting anxious to play. Does anyone know of a good order to do the painting in so that I can start playing before I finish all the figs, but minimize the likelyhood of playing something unpainted? Would love to hear things like, "the troll never shows up before the 3rd game," or "the first game is always the goblin archers." Any insite? Thanks!
  15. A friend of mine used a t-70 dial, in a list that only had Biggs. Back in 1.0 days. He realized he brought the wrong dial and asked his opponent if he wouldnt mind him finding a correct dial. 1st rou d of a tournament. Luckily he did. His opponent reacted with great sportsmanship. My friend could have recieved a 1st rou d loss but won instead. Ended up going 2nd out of 40+ players.
  16. Today
  17. It’s a minor example, but I’ve always regretted throwing out the packaging from the very first expac I bought. Since then, I’ve taken to snipping out the part of the packaging where the ship rests and inserting that into my storage case, because that helps cradle the mini & keep it from knocking about. That mini just keeps getting more and more beat up, despite a couple rounds of storage case customizations & improvements focused on shoring-up its compartment. 😓
  18. Accelerate + Drive Into the city: 1eA+3eP+2eB+2eD+1eC+1eD 3 successes, 2 advantage 2 Advantage for a High Speed Distraction (EV p.74)? Maybe another escaping racer forces Ari to veer away a bit? Mechanically, adds automatic 1 Threat to checks for remainder of encounter.
  19. @idjmv nice! Way to put the pressure on their home system. Now that they have combined their fleets the best we can hope for is to find/crush them with a 500 pt fleet of our own..
  20. Sounds more like a social version of the Mass Combat rules to me. Just decide the stages, victory conditions, and participants (your voting block & lobbyists vs the opposition). Then have scenes the PCs can participate in to give modifiers to the big rolls depending on how well they handle the scenes.
  21. I’m sure that will be a factor. “Buy epic battles .... here’s some new must haves if you want more options!” I mean, they’ve done it before so there is a precedent.
  22. ATRTs would be great if DLTs were not a thing. Stormtroopers will shred the thing without breaking a sweat.
  23. @The Jabbawookie hey this weekend is a federal holiday in the US. I'm on vacation for the next five days and always struggle to issue orders without a computer. I'll go ahead and create a new tab for this turn now but any chance we can get an extension for this upcoming turn?
  24. Hey @oneeyedmatt87, Sorry for taking further player agency from you, in this situation- and the confusion. You are correct about Ensnare, and if Castar's response is to shoot, rather than try to escape... I'm going to reinstate your previous attack roll. It should certainly be your choice, not my directive. So.. your assailant takes more damage. Unfortunately, your failed Resilience check means you take 5 Wounds, as well (the vibrodagger attack was laced with a neurotoxin). How would you like to spend your 3 Advantage? The assassin's failed attack was from the round following these actions, so you're up again.
  25. I once went to a tournament (CAC 2018) and completely forgot all my obstacles - had to borrow some from a guy for the day.
  26. I have flown the 5s as my list enough to know what will kill it. I was flying them to prep for a local tournament, and I can tell you while the list looks like it doesn’t mind jousting, in practice there is no way it wants to. The list wants to goad you into a bad spot and outflank/outposition you. When I fly the 5s, my goal is to get all my shots on one target while you only get to shoot 1-2 times back. That’s the “I’m winning” scenario (obviously, it’s even better when you have NO shots back but that’s not going to happen every turn). T70s are durable and can survive a lot, but they will burn down if you’re not careful with them. And Lulo in particular is fragile as can be with those low hit points and often 2 green dice (you don’t get quite enough damage out put with the two attack to make it work, pushing you to want the stress). Do not engage this list until you can bring all your ships to bear! If you had lower initiative stuff that deployed first in setup, keep the ships closer to the 5s held back on slow roll while the others catch up. You want them to take the list on in force. I am telling everyone how to beat the list because I’m hanging it up for now - I enjoyed my time with it but I’m wanting to play with the new transport when it drops and I have some other factions to fly. 5s is still a solid performing ace play list — the only reason it dropped in list builder is more people know how to kill it.
  1. Load more activity