All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Do people still tilt when they see an auzituck on the table? I might give this a try at game night this week, I used to love a bit of wookiee in v1
  3. Yes, I like that too and its a very good idea to use theaficionado list. I have been playing a lot (pretty much all of them for the last two months) with a lot of sub par deployments and command cards during various game nights where I have been supplying all the squads. I really feel that it is a lot more fun then playing just tier one bands to win.
  4. Not-gold torrents toooooooo Also they have shht abilities.
  5. Ah, you're obviously right. Parallel parking next to your target should do the trick. But as far as medium-to-long range shots are considered, I am still not aware of any combo that would let you shoot, then rotate twice to perform a 180' flip and then shoot again.
  6. If I was GM'ing a group that was trying to flip some rare stuff, I might make it more difficult to find a buyer the rarer the item, dependent on where they are trying to sell it too. Afterall. If you had a stolen Tiger cub, finding someone to buy it on the streets of LA would probably be a nigh-on-impossible challenge. But if and when you did find a buyer they'd still pay top dollar.
  7. In MTG there are formats that let you use old cards, and, even if you don’t play them, you usually keep the cards in the hopes that some of them will get a higher value in the future. In LCGs the secondary market is practically non-existent, and, as far as I know, there’s no different play formats, so yeah, basically those cards are just for collecting now. That being said, a lot of my MtG and Old5R cards ended up punched with a round cutter, and then used as tokens to play D&D and L5R RPG.
  8. So tomorrow is the big day for my first tournament, a Hyperspace Trial. Looks like 50 participants with a final cut at best 8 for the second day single elimination rounds. looks like there will be the following lists: 17 Rebel 14 Empire 6 Republic 6 Scum 3 FO 3 Sep and 1 Resistance list. I made a final tweek to my list and played last week against a sep vulture swarm 4 i1's and 4 i3"s total 8 vultures all with ESC. first round went to time I won 149 -62. Second round I got too aggressive and really screwed up the engagement losing Dutch to 6 ESC shots and losing half on Wedge to the other two ESC shots in the first round of fire.I lost 37 -200 Third round I played a little slow and baited my opponent into splitting his forces and aced the engagement on the leading block of 4 vultures taking out 3 of them and losing 1 shield on Dutch. The second block had only three gas cloud obstructed shots on Wedge dropping one of his shields. Next round I left the one remaining vulture from the first block alone and tackled the second block. With another round of fire taking out another 2 and a half vultures for the loss of another 2 shields on Dutch at this point 25 minutes into the game I am winning 137-0 and he has only 3 and a half squishy ships remaining he concedes the match. T-65 X-wing - •Wedge Antilles - 69 •Wedge Antilles - Red Two(52) Swarm Tactics (3) Proton Torpedoes (12) R4 Astromech (2) Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0) T-65 X-wing - •Thane Kyrell - 63 •Thane Kyrell - Corona Four (48) Marksmanship (1) Proton Torpedoes (12) R4 Astromech (2) Servomotor S-foils (Closed) (0) BTL-A4 Y-wing - •“Dutch” Vander - 62 •“Dutch” Vander - Gold Leader (39) Ion Cannon Turret (43) Shield Upgrade (4) Proton Torpedoes (12) R3 Astromech (3) Total: 194/200 I wish you all the best of luck this weekend if you are at any events. I will probable get my *** handed to me this weekend but who cares it will be an exciting new experience. "live long and" .......... uhh "May the force be with you."
  9. ... Only if you promise to give your AF some love, rather than the dismissive hate 🙂 Essentially, the paint that’s used is a variety of bake-on latex based paint that’s been used for years in the industry for its wear properties. Basically, that leaves you two options to remove it. Either Isopropyl Alcohol, or Acetone. Now, essentially, both are varying degrees of noxious. Of the two, I recommend 98% ISO, which if not at your big chain hardware store can generally be found behind the counter at your local pharmacy/drug store. Soak it overnight, scrub with an old toothbrush. Wear nitrile gloves if you can, as it will dehydrate your skin horrendously - to the point of cracking and bleeding after a while in some people. Acetone is quicker, needing only a dip and shake to do most of the work, but it comes with a risk - evens little bit too long and you’ll start melting plastic on some kinds of plastic. On others it’s okay unless I soak. Heroclix figures can be quickly stripped that way. But again, totally noxious and even more so than Alcohol. For removing baked on latex paint, those are really your options without doing immediate serious damage to yourself or the underlying model. If you are going that method, use the Alcohol.
  10. That is a great idea and thanks for organizing it! One concern that I have is that you do only restrict upgrades, but not squads. That seems to me to make max squads relatively even stronger. @Tokra could even play his world cup winning fleet, if he takes away one single comms net.
  11. Today
  12. If we get a vehicles and vessels book I'd like them to have rules included to improve vehicle combat or racing.
  13. I would love to see the mandalorian kom'rk transport. Wookiepedia lists it as massive, bigger than the ghost, but the visuals in Clone war don't like up with it being that large. Still, I would love to have one just to pose my fang fighters with.
  14. "That's the spirit Hekasu-san!" Yoshi takes the last bokken and tests its balance with a swing or two...grunts approval.. "A friendly-ish match. So the newer ashigaru appreciate where they are on their journey to learn fighting." Yoshi begins a basic breathing exercise. Breath in, count 4 heart beats. Breath out. 4 heart beats. Repeat. After one glance at his two unarmored comrades Yoshi makes a point to stand between them in the skirmish line so he can guard the one or the other. Just in case the need arrises. Then looks out at the ashigaru, not focused on any one of them but keeping them all in his field of vision. Focused on their center of mass. Waiting to see clear movement with intent. "I think we're all ready Koharusu-san."
  15. You could get Mel's Mk2 Mk2 https://www.shapeways.com/product/LD4L9N4JD/armada-assault-frigate-mk2-v2?optionId=99441736
  16. I agree with Halberto. Ethir Swordman is op.
  17. VaderSoontirTurAcademy (65) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1] (6) Afterburners (2) Fire-Control System Points: 73 (23) Academy Pilot [TIE/ln Fighter] Points: 23 (44) Turr Phennir [TIE Interceptor] (1) Marksmanship Points: 45 (52) Soontir Fel [TIE Interceptor] (6) Outmaneuver Points: 58 Total points: 199 should I replace Outmaneuver with Predator on Soontir or replace Marksmanhip on Turr for Predator?
  18. Yeah, a compendium for careers feels unlikely - whereas a "Vehicles & Vessels" book is almost certainly on the cards next. Like with gear and NPCs, there's plenty of content to fill out a book that already exists but also plenty of scope to add new content.
  19. 2 ARCs & 4 Torrents. Just keep the phantoms in someones arc at ALL times. You’ll probably have to spread them out in different range bands to account for the phantoms’ crazy maneuverability...and pray to the dice gods...
  20. A card like contingency plan, but that allowed you to actually change an opponents honour dial by one while bidding would be good for this.
  21. Did FFG ever rotate cards back IN? Or once Cycle 5 starts will those cards be gone for ever? I can’t see myself keeping multiple cycles worth of cards I’ll never use again. 😵 Do people really just end up storing boxes and boxes of cards they don’t use? I can’t imagine they have any resale value...I might make some starter decks I don’t mind giving away to friends/family, but the prospect of an ever growing paper pile is why i left MtG - I played until the first set I bought rotated out and then moved on to X-Wing. Better buy some card boxes for the attic...
  22. a bowtie arc is considered two separate turret arcs. you can shoot once out of each with veteran turret gunner. you cannot rotate arcs 180 degrees and have the same arcs selected after a rotate action, since the rotate action states you have to select arcs that weren't selected. it is probably possible to double tap the same target with veteran turret gunner and a bow tie turret, as long as the target is larger than you and you're standing close enough and paralel.
  23. You go out to your car one morning and notice three of the tyres are looking a bit flat. Do you let some air out of the one properly inflated tyre to balance it out? No, you check the three under-inflated tyres for leaks, patch them if necessary, and pump them up to match the tyre that has the better pressure level. Yes, I can come up with analogies to fit a narrative too... I’d hope that new content, at the point of release, would be balanced against the current state of the game... but there are obviously some potentially quite game-changing upgrades coming in the next wave. Any talk of points changes before we know where they fall is perhaps premature... feelings about Rebel Beef could end up forgotten in the wake of Electro-Fusion bombs! I’m sure they did, but we’ve had new factions added to the game since then... which appear to have been costed in a relatively conservative manner so as to avoid the “power creep” issues of the past. And while I agree that there will always need to be piecemeal adjustments, that shouldn’t preclude the occasional major overhaul. If you just rely on piecemeal changes, you run the risk of concealing the underlying issues that are making those changes necessary.
  24. So I got a second scurrg (traded my sparse resistance ships). Anyway, I wanted to focus on ships that I did not fly very often in second edition. Put nym on the table two times and the kimogila I think only one. Can't even remember which pilot... So here is my list, I'd appreciate comments, especially when you already have some table time with these chassis. Removing one of these ships is not an option, pilots and upgrades can be discussed though. I think the approach is simple. Go for the joust, then overshot and leave some bombs on the trail, reload with the kimogila. Sol Sixxa (46) Crack Shot (1) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Proton Bombs (5) Proximity Mines (6) Captain Nym (48) Crack Shot (1) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Proximity Mines (6) Proton Bombs (5) Torani Kulda (50) Marksmanship (1) Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6) Cluster Missiles (5) R3 Astromech (3) Total: 199 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0
  25. You may attack a target within the other end of the bowtie (the arc you have not used for your first attack). You cannot double-tap in the normal sense of it using a bowtie-only ship and VTG (at least I am not aware of any combination of abilities that would allow it).
  1. Load more activity