All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Anyone did stats for Stone Mites before? is there a Swarm talent/ability for adversaries?
  3. Thanks for pointing that out! I don't know how I missed it. Here's a corrected version:
  4. The only XBOX 1 games I play have been Skyrim and Fallout 4. Im finally level 23 in Skyrim with no cheat mods or exploits. ...but im chomping at the bit. I also didnt declare some income last year on my taxes. Im a filthy cheater.
  5. I don’t think anything can save a VSD antenna. They break off with a light breeze.
  6. I think that in this case it becomes more clear that you can take the no-progress choice. The location could be explored after all, and it has a passive ability not lasting until the end of the round.
  7. Plo Koon 104th Battalion Pilot w/ Commander Cody 2x 104th Battalion Pilots w/ 7th Fleet Gunner I've been having a lot of fun with this list. Fly Plo as a support ship, his only job is to take the weapons disabled from the recharging 7th Fleet Gunner. Shoot the target with the Commander Cody ARC first, then throw 4 dice primaries from the next two at a strained ship. Works really well!
  8. I have friends who cheat at Solitaire. It’s the ultimate extension of the idea that “the object of the game is to win”. I see it as, cheating intentionally means you aren’t actually playing the game anymore. They don’t. To me the game is a shadow universe which only exists when we play by its rules. To them, it’s an action in life like washing dishes or flying a kite. However the dishes get clean, however you win, whatever keeps the kite flying, it’s all the same.
  9. The game initially started a few months ago, though due to his work we've only had 4 sessions, and the GM recently got Allies and Adversaries. He did a reboot and some of us made new characters, which is no big deal. I went from my attached character at the beginning of the thread, to a Wookie Hired Gun Marauder. Also, what fun is it to play a character that is 1st level for the foreseeable future, so to speak?
  10. Today
  11. Bikers are very fairly and correctly priced. If they're not working for you I'd suggest either practicing more or playing with more terrain.
  12. I played this for the Nordics System Open on Saturday: 4-LOM (49) Crack Shot (1) Advanced Sensors (10) Mist Hunter (2) Jamming Beam (0) Black Sun Assassin (48) Crack Shot (1) Black Sun Assassin (48) Crack Shot (1) Unkar Plutt (33) Pattern Analyzer (5) Deadman’s Switch (2) Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0 Went 2-4. Managed to win against a Fenn + 3 Fangs list (killing Fenn and losing nothing), pulled another win on final salvo vs a Vader Soontir Vynder list (traded 4-LOM for Vynder). 2 other games were very narrow losses. My first game of the day was a major loss because I played badly and the other big loss was a combination of not great choices and very very bad dice throughout - but was somehow the most entertaining game with a lone Unkar just trolling my opponent in the endgame! At the end of the day my brain was fried but I had a ton of fun playing the list. In the hands of a better player it could possibly do quite well.
  13. I honestly don't think we will see a mirror of the GCW releases. I think these two new factions will have also not have the analogous units. So, I think we will see more Commanders and operatives released for the republic than any other faction. The main reason are there are just too many Jedi that people will want to see. We have Anakin and Ahsoka at the very least. The nature of the republic, I think, be a slightly less variety of corps units and more Jedi. I think this will encourage more sales of the basic clone corps, as when specific Jedi, like say Plo Kloon, many people who may already have some phase I clones, may buy more to paint like the wolfpack unit. some may want to paint theirs like Ghost company to go with Obi-Wan. Some will want plain clones. Had I the money, I'd likely buy phase I and II multiples to paint up like this - the named clone battalions with their unique paint schemes along with basic “shinies”. Beyond the few clone units like ARC troopers or Commandos, multiple purchases of basic corps will be likely I think, but the main money maker will be Jedi commanders and padawan operatives. I also suspect Anakin to have Entourage: Ahsoka as a keyword. The CIS would probably be closer to the previous releases. They have so many more varieties of trooper units, and vehicles. I do hope that CIS and Republic get more asymmetric releases, unlike the near analogous way that Empire and Rebellion forces released.
  14. Please then, help by e.g. answering these questions: Might not be interesting to everyone, but it is to me at least.
  15. Sloane would be a little bit unfair. We played an Endor scenario once with 1.200 pts (400 pts squadrons) and the supremacy of the TIEs was already overwhelming without Sloane. Maybe you can it take like this: If the Emperor will have the choice between two white male high ranking officers and a colored woman ... All of them were in my list except for Wulff Yularen and Versio. No Vader means none of the unique Vader cards. Thanks!
  16. I don't know the answer to this question. But let me pose a slightly different hypothetical situation for discussion: Suppose there were a location in the staging area saying something like, "While this location is in the staging area, progress cannot be placed on quest cards." Then you reveal Chaos in the Night. Can you take the no-progress choice?
  17. In all seriousness, though, I’d love to see Katana Fleet Dreadnoughts with a new type of upgrade slot: slave circuits. So I’m really bored in a work meeting and started daydreaming about possible expansions. I thought “Katana Fleet Dreadnoughts would be cool.” The defining trait of those ships was the slave circuits that let one ship control another. I think a slave circuit upgrade slot could provide interesting options: Title: Katana Fleet Dreadnaught- at the beginning of your activation you may discard this card to activate the slave circuit upgrade on another ship at distance 1-3. (Maybe make an officer or offensive retrofit give the same ability) Slave Circuit upgrades: Navigational circuits- when this card is activated perform a speed 1 maneuver with a yaw value of “-“. Weapons circuits- when this card is activated, the player who activates it may perform an attack from any hull zone of this ship against a ship or squadrons in range of that hull zone. During this attack, accuracy icons have no effect and the dice cannot be modified. That hull zone may not perform another attack this round. Command circuits- when this card is activated the player who activates it may choose new commands for this ship, up to this ships command value. Bringing a fleet of ships with slave circuits could give you some real advantages. But since the upgrades don’t specify friendly or enemy, your ships could potentially be hijacked by the opposing player. Figured it could be appropriate for Katana Fleet Dreadnoughts, which I would want to have an Imperial and Rebel variant, but could also be utilized by CIS droid ships when the Clone Wars comes to Armada.
  18. I was wondering if there was something clever you could do with the hut where it walks round the board but has its tile to the side of the board so the hut can be entered/exited- I'll let you think about that as you work on Dark Forest
  19. We’re not out of ships that appeared on screen until we get the tennis shoe, the yogurt cup, and the wad of chewing gum expansions. They’ll be bases and cards only. You’ll have to supply the “ship” yourself and see if anyone in the audience, I mean FLGS, notices.
  20. Yeah this topic seems a bit odd. Like asking if the T-47 should cost more. Or if the army composition rules should be re-written to give some sort of bonuses to an army with more than 10 activations.
  21. Ok, I dont know if this is against the rules(never done anything like this before) so if it is...apologies (I have posted on many FFG game forums and never done it before).....but realising that I will never have time to play (with IA, Legion, Decent and all the other FFG games I play) I have decided to stick this box and the figures on EBAY. If anyone is interested, take a look on there. If its against the rules, please delete this and accept my apologies...as noted, its not something ive ever done before in years of FFG gaming.
  22. Which is horrifically expensive (which the OP specifically wanted to avoid), and carries a penalty for modifications to attachments. Frankly, the X-30 Lancer (from Enter the Unknown) would make a better weapon, as it's not only much cheaper (only 1000 credits, just at the OP's threshold), but also has Accurate and Pierce qualities and can shoot to long range. Damage is fairly low compared to most brand of heavy blaster pistols, though offset by Pierce.
  23. Something will always be best, but the amount by which it is the best is not fixed. Neither is the length of time it remains the best. Also, I didn't mind it so much if they'd changed points midway through the season when wave 3 dropped. Instead, they just added Leia's favorite toys. Leia is in a virtual tie for most common upgrade in the game - Rebels are the most common faction by far, and they all have Leia and Wedge, and most of them have a U-Wing and a B-Wing. People are just bored of it. If Rebels were the least played faction instead of the most played faction, nobody would care - that's just called First Order. Does anyone actually think the archetype existing is a problem? Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen that. It's just way above the power curve. If the list isn't double modding every shot, and running Wedge with a bid, and yolo-jousting more efficiently than, what, like 90% of the meta, then who cares? It's fine, whatever. UXXYY was a cool list.
  1. Load more activity