All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello All, So after a lot of thought and bouncing ideas off others who play L5R I have come to the conclusion that the Restricted List in its current form is a problem. The main issue is that the current RL punishes clans for the actions of others. But for the sake of transparency I will state that I mostly play scorpion and this does affect my views on how the game is played so take that at what you will. Anyway I look forward to hearing what others have to say about this. First and foremost I (and many many many others) feel that Tadaka (dynasty) needs to be banned. I have yet to encounter a single person at a tournament that says Tadaka is fair or fun. Every card game has some power cards that turn out to be way too powerful. It is important for the health of the game that such cards are noted quickly and remedied. But Tadaka's issue is more than it is just powerful, he is a massive negative play experience that can literally win games by himself by making it nearly impossible for your opponent to play anything. Any card (and yes this includes Guest of Honor) that prevents your opponent from doing something without a price to be paid is bad design. I feel like I should be providing examples but honestly I feel like after a year of players having to deal with him few can argue he is well designed. Now to be fair I fully understand that the current top tier Phoenix deck probably will hit very hard by his banning but I don't think too many people will complain when I hear stories of how the Phoenix v Phoenix matchup is "a race to draw Tadaka and keep his effect on." I will say I am very bias on this but I also feel Guest of Honor should be banned just because it effect is similar to Tadaka's but that probably is just the scorpion player in me and may not be warranted but it is the only crane card on the RL. Second, each clan needs to have its own RL. The Restricted List punishes all clans for the problems of the others. Pathfinders blade is only on the RL because Niten Master exists. In most others clans pathfinders blade is not part of some crazy combo it is just a +1 mil for 0 cost with a cool effect. For greater glory is only a problems in Lion and probably Unicorn. Against the Waves was only a problem in Phoenix which is why they took it off so that other clans could use it (still don't think I have seen any other clan use it but details). Mirimoto's fury was put on the list because every single clan was running it with Let Go (honestly I would say that makes it a contender for being Banned but that is a different discussion). Rebuild is only a problem in Crab because of the focus they have on holdings. If you narrow down the RL so that each Clan has their own list, you can free up some of the cards that never see play anymore because in an attempt to limit the problematic combos you also effectively soft banned other cards. The RL is supposed to make players choose. However, as it turns out it resulted mostly in the soft ban of most of the RL. Most clans have an option between 2 maybe 3 cards. For scorpion the choice is Forged Edict or Fate Worse than Death. For Dragon they just mostly dropped Niten and Mirimoto's for Void fist and called it a day. Crane usually run Guest of Honor. I should note I am not trying to solve the RL problem of clans just picking the better or two options. I am trying to free up some of the card pool for clans that would otherwise never look at something. No Scorpion is going to choose Pathfinders blade over Forged Edict or Fate Worse than Death. No Dragon is going to pick Rebuild over Void Fist. No Crab is going to pick Policy Debate over just about anything else on the list. It therefore makes little sense in my mind that these cards should be banned from those clans. You can make the argument that giving each clan there own RL would make it a lot more difficult for players to remember what is and is not on the RL. I would say but you don't need to RL 16 cards for each clan. Most clans only really choose between 2 or 3 cards. Now it is possible that if at such a time each Clan does need to have 16 cards on their personal RLs I would say that something went horribly wrong in the card design process. However, based on how the last few packs have been I don't really see that as being the case. I trust FFG figured out what should and should not be printed. Anyway interested in hearing feed back. Thanks, Randre
  3. No need for dual squads of rebel units like rangers or saboteurs? I am aiming for fun games. Have also seen the recommendation of both jawas on bgg.
  4. @Karneck I'd like to request a Devastator video. I just watched your 800 Point Fleet Battle v Ardaedhel. At the end, at the 36:16 mark in the video, you roll a bunch of dice. From the chat, I'm thinking that's the roll you would have gotten off the Devastator had it not been killed. Can you explain how you rolled the extra four blue dice? Does Devastator title let you discard the defense tokens or were your's already gone?
  5. Can you have IG-88 and the new IG-88B in the same list? The rules regarding unique cards says: Well "IG-88" and "IG-88B" are technically different strings, so they are different names, right? They would work well together IG-88 + Saber Squadron can take out the enemies Intel so that enemy squads are tied down with IG-88B so that he can trigger his ability without the enemy being able to fly away.
  6. So i make the final dot here. Months ago, i ordered a bigger amount of models, mulitple copies for gaming uses beside Talisman. Ii insisted forf the quality and colour of the models they had until end 2018. Models after that do not look like the pictures here and on his website, not like the models you have. He uses cheap replacement flambent and that makes them look like black ashes. You can see that on the last models he send. He fefuses to craft the models in the original quality and sended my paypal money two times back. a very bad end of the story, profit instead quality for no choice.
  7. So, we know Epic will now be a multiplayer format allowing up to eight players and include the use of Huge ships. I'm curious about the format of these eight players. Will the games be four vs four or will it be eight players in a cooperative format similar to Heroes of the Aturi Cluster? FFG teased this and many other things to come for X-Wing which means a LOT of articles. I'm wondering when those articles will start dropping? Surely we won't have to wait till GenCon for the full announcement of everything with articles dropping after.
  8. I really like this list. Very unique. I too like playing Vader and Fett. I don't have a winning record but have had really close games. I might have to netdeck this even though I don't like to do that.
  9. I thought I was in another thread 😞
  10. And with short furry death lurking in every tree, and behind every bush, it doesn't get more hostile than Endor! I think I recall someone painting Snowies in a jungle camo scheme.
  11. Neutral: Song of Wisdom (for A Burning Brand) Leadership: Dunedain Mark, Dunedain Warning, Dain Ironfoot (in Dwarf decks) Lore: A Burning Brand, Rivendell Minstrel (if you use songs), Strider's Path, Fast Hitch (with Hobbits) Spirit: Ancient Mathom, Elfhelm, and in Rohan decks Riddermark's Finest, Eomend, Westfold Traveler and Westfold Horsebreaker Tactics: Boromir, in an Eagles deck The Eagles are Coming, Vassal of the Windlord, Winged Guardian, Eagles of the Misty Mountains, and Support of the Eagles.
  12. HK-47: "I am a law-abiding droid. Yes, indeed, law-abiding, that's me." T3-M4: "Dee... deet?" HK-47: "Statement: Oh, do shut up, you beeping little trash compactor!"
  13. For someone so astute at reading the RRG, you're not so great at reading people's posts. I never set up competitiveness in opposition to fun, nor claim that competitive people wouldn't want cool vehicles, in fact if you look real close there I never even used the word competitive. I stated that casual players - ie, most of them, which is the bit that related to people who're into "organised play", who IME really dislike being reminded they're actually a pretty small group relative to the whole - very often don't care how "practical" a game piece is, and so while you might be happy to buy the cool vehicles with a wonky scale, a casual player will be more likely to buy it if it's as big and impressive as it "should" be.
  14. Today
  15. And the first new battle report https://greendragoon.home.blog/2019/04/20/battle-report-vassal-league-game5/
  16. Profusion is exhaust, so once per round, but combine that with redundant brace and redirect, I doubt you would need it more than once per round...
  17. I'm not sure why you would need some ridiculus amout of XP to build canon characters. Heck, I've built Episode 4 "Old Ben"as a Starting character. Force unleashed's Starkiller cant throw lightning until the second level, has no social ability at all (just ask Juno Eclipse) and cant even kill a normal stormtrooper with a lightsaber without swinging 3 times. (And certiantly cant multikill a minion group without using a force quicktime event) I've built him as a 150 XP character. The trick is, movie characters roll well and spend destiny points, and spend XP at the end of every major act. Not every powerful force user can do everything weaker force users can do. (the only time in Clone Wars we see Mace Windu apparently use Influence, it's a group effort- he's assisting a discipline check, not actually using influence. Mace Windu doesnt have the Influence power) And XP from previus campains doesnt always carry over to the next campaign- Old Ben doesnt have to spend all the XP earned by Clone wars Obi-Wan.
  18. It was delicious
  19. The top 200 lists have 113 entered, so far.
  20. I'll do a thread for this list type, too, as I have so much fun playing it! The battle reports will be on my blog, but we can have the discussions here. The list, version 1 Anakin Skywalker (60) R2 Astromech (4) Delta-7B (18) Mace Windu (46) R4-P17 (5) Delta-7B (16) 104th Battalion Pilot (42) Seventh Fleet Gunner (9) Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0 Games: (vassal league) Version1 vs Anakin/Ahsoka/2xGoldTorrent (h), 200-118, 3 gas clouds
  21. Can you buy the stuff from eBay which covers international shipping most of the time?
  22. Just finished a battle report for the Anakin, Mace, 104thARC list
  1. Load more activity