All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. And, of course the reason why Rey is a badass is because of her much harsher upbringing. Exactly. Not entirely true. as others have posted, there are numerous accounts in canon and Legends of Untrained Force users capable of amazing innate uses of the Force. Yes, in the way Rey uses it. Precisely. Well said. It also had a lot of great stuff. To further the previous examples, there is also Nomi Sunrider, from Tales of the Jedi, with her natural talent in Battle Meditation, which she was able to use untrained, and used twice on Ambria, once to save her daughter from a pair of Hississ, and another time to save herself and Master Thon from pirates.
  3. Looks like I just received the last set of orders. I’ll process soon.
  4. Niklas God Nielsson won Malmo system open. He was flying Drea with 3 scurrgs.
  5. I agree. But I also think filling existing trees are an important place to start. A talent tree you own but havent filled in is not much use.
  6. I honestly think that the pose broke up the pacing and removed a good bit of tension from the situation, and that just showing the sequence after that would have been better. Thanks for the answer, though.
  7. Ok so that works great! Maro gets some friends for his mount.
  8. What, generically from a tactical standpoint, screws with Rebel beef? Asking for a friend.
  9. I'm playing this two handed solo. I'm at 49 threat and 48 threat. I have the black serpent engaged with 6 damage and the quest has 6 progress. This is going to be my last turn and I have two enemies engaged with player 1 and three other enemies engaged with player 2 who also has the black serpent with the serpents garb attached making him immune to player card effects. (The worst possible combo as I'm playing tactics spear of the citadel and gondorian spearman combos) So in this quest phase during staging I draw two encounter cards. They are both Chaos in The Night and I have no cancellation. Card reads- when revealed: the first player must choose: either raise each players threat by 3,or progress cannot be placed on quest cards until the end of the round. I choose the second effect on the first card, and I believe I had to choose the first effect on the second card as each choice has to change the game state where possible. Did I do this correctly? That's how I understand the FAQ reads on this sort of situation. Thus losing the game. That's twice now this card has lost me the game on threat 49 when victory was within my grasp in that turn. The previous time it was the shadow effect of this card. Which removed all progress from the current quest.
  10. Kyp Duron is legends and legends had a lot of dumb stuff in them.
  11. There are effects which treat a text box as blank. Mostly, when a character has damage. That results in e.g. a core Gandalf which has not to be discarded or your Erestor effect which isn't anymore. :)
  12. which is why jedi prefer to get to inphants before that is taught out of them.
  13. Thanks for the swift reply. That's brilliant news.
  14. Well, I stand corrected. Turns out I can't read Anyway, thank you so much for the amount of work you've put into this! I'm looking forward to the Chambers Militant expansion.
  15. Whisper and Soontir are both known quantities at this point, self-explanatory as you say. I like Duchess w/5th bro to round out the all-crits squad, which can be powerful by leveraging an unexpected game space. I think Duchess is an underrated analog of Whisper as both have i5, movement shenanigans, similar base stats (down one hit point), and the Gunner slot. With the lower price of Duchess you have a lot more load-out flexibility, which you've opted to put into that Gunner slot with the excellent 5thBro and Outmaneuver as a stand in for Juke. I think the more competitive option though is probably Jendon+Palp. The floating Force charge is always useful by giving one of your ships the option to do something besides focus. Jendon's turn 1 locks can give you the opportunity to focus for full mods on the first engagement or give i6 aces something to think about when they want to approach since you can hot with full mods even with them moving after.
  16. Thoughts..? Scum Hyper (63) Guri [StarViper-class Attack Platform] (10) Advanced Sensors (2) Predator Points: 75 (86) Boba Fett [Firespray-class Patrol Craft] (2) Slave I Points: 88 (30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter] Points: 30 Total points: 193
  17. To speak to this bit here, I have a secondhand quote from Dave Filoni (I do not own Season 2 to verify authenticity, but what this quote says is supported by this random recent article). I found this posted on this forum a while ago when I was doing my own research into whether or not the Fetts were real Mandalorians. I was going to edit it down to highlight bits that were relevant to Jango, but the commentary on Boba Fett is really interesting.
  18. It works just like lock or coordinate, you measure first and then choose an eligible object. Only fails if there isn’t anything in range. The Vader ruling is a whole nother can of worms about rules lawering and creating an environment of gotcha rules and feels bad mans and power level discrimination etc.
  19. Depends on your definition of broken. Logan as a treasure hunter is a very strong hero. I still have won campaigns against him. It Logan broken is the sense that the heroes will win every time? No.
  20. Will Radagast really be better than Denethor for defending? He has one hitpoint more and can be used for questing, but he also has 3 threat more, lacks the Gondor trait for Gondorian Shield and Noble for Ancestral Armour. And with Bard, Son of Brand it is not so hard to bring off-sphere attachments out.
  21. Go watch the episodes with force wielding infants, they definitely use move and sense (empathy).
  22. I have an odd idea for a setting and I would like help. Why would the safest place to take sanctuary from some sort of monster apocalypse be underwater? I can not get this idea out of my head. In a world lost to zombies, or some other sort of monster(s), a group of survivors find that the best place to spend the night is underwater in a sub. The only thing that I can currently think of is that there is a fog at night that is the cause of the threat. I am not yet sure if the pre apocalyptic setting is modern or closer to cyberpunk. At the very least making me answer questions would help me create the setting. Thank you in advance.
  23. I am thinking about bringing the Guri, Fenn and Teroch lists to a tournament. Advanced Sensors leaves me with a bid of three points, which should be enough against most non-ace matchups. One of the questions is, if I am greedy and go with some talents to reduce the bid to one point. That is probably a terrible idea. Right now I wish, I knew, what the bids were in the previous iteration of that tournament. There I went with full points and I think, I was matched twice with a zero-bid list? As obstacles I will probably bring asteroids to make the lives of my enemies more difficult. Obstacles take options from everyone, so do they annoy more maneuverable or less maneuverable ships more? The other question I am having is that of the gameplan. Lists I am expecting: Imperial and First order aces, Rebel beef and torpedo lists, bombers, jedi with clone support, separatist (mini-) swarms, Resistance aces and whatever scum wants to bring. Against jousty lists, I will probably place the fangs on the other side, facing along my boardedge and try to flank with Guri. I should be able to avoid any arcs with her, even if it costs me my shots, so it would be nice, if they focus on her. The Fangs fly away, if chased or turn around, if the enemy focuses on Guri. Against jousty lists with two dice primaries, I could probably go more aggressive, if I manage to range control correctly. Against aces, I would keep the ships together and be the jousty list. At least as long as I have the initiative. If I can manage to pull them into my corner, by deploying there and fleeing, I should have advantages in the maneuvering game. The other option would be to go into the obstacles in the centers, which would mean that I have easier turn options after the intitial engagements, while they would have to fly into the obstacle fields. That means that I have less maneuverability options in the first engagment though. Teroch will probably be usefull here for his ability. Ini 6 pilot plus support combinations would be dealt with by trying to trade the Fangs against the ace to have Guri mop everything up. Any Vader/Soontir list will probably be terrible for me, but should provide a fun flying experience. Another problem I can see, is my lacking experience with fling this list and in general, but that is what I am going to change in this tournament.
  24. Zordren

Have a few kids aged 8-10 that play at a couple spots in NC in local store tourneys and even our Regional last year. Great to see kids of all ages playing! As long as they know how to play (both in terms of game mechanics and “etiquette”) then I don’t think there are any age restrictions necessary.
  1. Load more activity