All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I ve tried several variations of 2 phantoms with Vermeil and also tried your interceptor list with Jendon instead of Vermeil (Tarkin works better on Jendon IMO). My fav squad is similar to yours, but with composure and Minister Tua on Vermeil. Mister Tua will help him survive longer and has the merit of canceling your Ailerons for next turn. I ve been also practicing with this variation lately which is lots of fun with Ion Clouds on the board. https://squadbuilder.fantasyflightgames.com/squad-preview/57188b25-94d6-4c80-8a79-8bfe286e7208
  3. Imperial Counter assault, part 2, Evacuation, 1st replay. OK so we decided to give this a whirl, after last week's dismal showing. Shrek at PS4, Snoopy at PS 6, and both Twitch and Shatter benig at PS5 gave us a PS5 overall average. That meant that Charlie's bomber wave, came in with one of the 2 being an Elite. Otherwise all was the same as before (3 fighters in Alpha, and 2 bombers in Beta starting out, Charlie coming in on round 3, Delta's Avenger in round 5, along with Epsilon's Lambda, and Sigma's Lambda on round 7). Like before I set up Shrek and Snoopy to go for the bombers in wave 1, while Twitch faced north so he could go to the side of the YT-1300, just in case Charlie's bombers showed up over on that side of the map, and Shatter went toe to toe with the fighters. By round 3, the bombers of Beta had done some nasty damage to the YT-2400, but one was at 5 hull damage himself.. Then Charlie's showed up, and just like we predicted, they came in on that side.. Right into Twitch's front.. 1 bomber died in the third round, another 2 rounds later (when the aggressor and lambda showed up), 2 fighters by round 7, and though it was a hard slog with the Lambdas, by the 12th and final round, we'd cleaned the board of Every enemy fighter, and one of the Lambdas, one YT safely made it out (the 1300), and we stopped the imperials getting a boarding party into the rebel base.. So this week was a win for us, and we barely got touched. Snoopy lost 3 of his 5 shields, both for Shrek and 2 of 6 on Twitch.. ****, even our Turrets did their work, finishing off several of the fighters themselves.. Shrek earned himself 7xp, he used to acquire a shield upgrade. Snoopy made the most again, earning 13xp. He upgraded his PS to 7, banking the remaining 5 for now. Shatter earned 8xp. Cashed in his R4-D6 droid as he's barely had any use out of it, and purchased himself a R2-D2 instead, and had enough to up his PS to 6. Twitch earned 11xp, and joined the 2 he had in bank to shift HIS PS to 6... The dice were a LOT MORE with us this time, than last.. that's for sure!
  4. As an example, I think it's silly that the droid factories on Geonosis are largely automated since one of the few things really attractive about using Geonosis as a production center is its vast worker caste population. In my Star Wars, the droid factories of Geonosis are not automated--forget what you see in Epsode II--and are instead massive sweatshops (not that Geonosians sweat) with terrible working conditions.
  5. https://github.com/dashnine/PaperBlossoms/releases Version 1.1.0-alpha1 Due to a massive influx of enhancements, we're doing doing alpha testing on a major release! This release has a variety of bugfixes and enhancements, but was chiefly focused on adding support for database internationalization. We currently have brave translators working on German, Spanish, and Polish database translations, and this alpha release includes a full translation into French! While we've made efforts to test this release, the number of back-end changes are significant. We'd love some feedback and testing from adventurous users--but read this description completely! Changelog (from 1.0.1-beta1): Support DB Translation (current supported languages: French!) Locale now uses settings.ini file found in the App Data Directory Now remembers last save/open directory Locale now saved in character files. Will not open a char file if wrong locale detected! Allow editing family name after saving Performance enhancements, data and code bug fixes As noted above: starting with this release, character files will be linked to a locale--you won't be able to load characters from a different locale. The application's database and UI locale will default to your system locale, but can afterward be adjusted by changing the values in <applicationdatadirectory>/settings.ini and restarting the application. NOTE: Database translation is an inherently fraught activity -- it is likely that there will be bugs. Please let me know about them! Known Issues: This application may be unrecognized by Windows or Mac (causing the infamous "Windows has protected your PC" error). If this occurs, you can run it anyway -- see this link for steps on Windows, and something like this link for guidance on OSX.
  6. I like this. People always talk about xwing stuff in black and white and its rarely useful. Yes Moving Last is easier. No Moving Last is not always easy. Same is true for low init vs high init. Theres so much variation moment to moment and matchup to matchup.
  7. You have a hard-hitting weapon with Auto-fire and only ENC 3. If you want more range, just use the standard heavy blaster rifle (but be prepared to give up Stun Setting).
  8. Well, what happens in Endor stays in Endor as the old saying goes!
  9. almost. linked actions have two parts, yes. you can perform just the first part if you like. then you can do the second part if you want to. red actions always gives you a stress. not all linked actions are red, though. in those cases, you would not gain a stress from performing a linked action. no, you cannot equip engine upgrade to a ship that doesn't have a red boost action on its action bar, much less use it. if you do equip engine upgrade to a ship with a red boost action on its action bar, that ship gains a white boost action on its action bar, meaning it can now perform a boost action without gaining stress.
  10. So I meme'd above, but I don't actually think there is anything easy in X-wing. Conversely, I think a ton of things a lot of the seasoned players here take for granted are actually kinda hard: - Tracking order of activation of both your ships and your opponents, which is crucial to playing anything shy of I6 with a bid. - Even playing I6 with a bid you have to watch for the easy blocks that set you up to die. Most of my wins against good players are when I'm able to successfully block their biggest threat 3+ times in a game. - Remembering the entire phase sequence. There are a fair number of system phase, at the start of engagement phase, etc. Heck, the other day I was playing quickbuild and forgot to use Kagi's ability literally the entire game! - Not just giving up and jousting. Harder than it seems, because if you didn't get yourself the right angle the turn before you are gonna get caught now.
  11. I agree that a bigger point spread would maker her more tempting. The problem with the ability is that it's such close range that if you use it, the attackers can usually just switch to targeting Evaan instead (who will not have a focus). I think a charge ability would have been fine but making it grant stress is pretty punishing... maybe worse than the ability as-is.
  12. How-to use Officer "Instructor Goran" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)
  13. How-to use Officer "Toryn Farr" - Star Wars Armada Explained (SWAE)
  14. Her ability is fine. It gives Wedge or Biggs, etc an extra green die for every attack. That can be huge vs a swarm. I think the cost is what keeps her off the tables. Shoulda been a recurring charge that she spends and gains a stress. Also, doesnt help her out that two really strong offense ywings are just a trickle of points ahead of her. A wider spread of initiative points could help her cause.
  15. Max squad ball seems like a perfect fit for the SSD, and I like your idea for all rogues to free up the SSD commands. Palp is a good counter to marauding MC75s that need to spend defenses twice to double arc. If you would like to fiddle around with a healbot, since you're using the CP dreadnought you could try Grint & STM. Spamming eng commands and the STM recovers JJ's damage. For red objective Targeting Beacons can give you "denial or danger zones" for your enemy. Close-range Intel Scan is actually interesting here, if you are relying on pure damage and Palpy and rogues to put on the pain and not your accs.
  16. Today
  17. LOL, in Illinois, we created “toll roads” in the 60’s and they were supposed to be removed after they were paid off in the 70’s. Now we have electronic tolling so they can painlessly take our money and if you don’t use one of those devices, it costs double. 🤗
  18. Taka said hello and The Emperor ordered (at Kachiko's request) Yoshi to say nope. I know these fine distinctions don't matter to people, but it's an important distinction. It wasn't really Yoshi who denied the Crab jade. It was the /Scorpion/ who denied the Crab jade and made the Crane say it, for no reason than to leave the Crane further and further without allies and advance the Scorpion position in court. But, you know, go pincer alliance.
  19. do you have fly casual? I think what you are looking for is there
  20. you gonna cover triangle trade? and I agree there needs to be more nuance. But on the other hand this is Star Wars. Not Spreadsheets and accountants. So I wouldnt go too crazy.
  21. Yes, that's right - you unleashed the Malarian Brood upon us all. Congratulations. We refer you to our communications in turn 2 - we did offer to reach an accommodation. There was no ambush. You persisted in this conflict.
  22. Yes, there are two factors which compound; the special rule you cite for characters engaging in trade (which is a bandage required to make commerce possible), and the basic check to determine selling price. This rule is okay for driving the export of manufactured goods from core worlds to the outer rim (because no one would ever want to go less that +4 Rarity if they could help it), but would cause the core to starve ("You say you want to import crops but will only pay me a fraction of what the farmers charge me???"). I also thought about flipping the Rarity modifier when selling, but if you're doing that, or removing the cap of the multiplier table (which makes 200% profits routinely attainable at the +4 Rarity level), you're already flat-out changing the system, so may just as well PROPERLY change it. One of these days I'll polish up my version and tack it to this thread. The effective difference is that it's much easier to make modest profits, and much harder to make monstrous ones, and the reckoning is less tail-chasing.
  23. ask whoever is running the compiled resources thread to link it their. as that is a better method
  24. Disclaimer: If you think Evaan Verlain is perfect as-is, please just move on without commenting. I'm more interested in brainstorming a replacement ability for her than being told why my desire to change her ability is wrong. I've tried to make Evaan work in a list, but she's just underwhelming. I've never seen her on the opponent's side of the table, ever, and there's a good reason for that. Spending a focus to get a mediocre buff at such a short range is rather underwhelming. If she uses it on herself, the benefit compared to the focus token she would otherwise have is marginal at best, notwithstanding that it prevents you from using the token offensively. If she uses the ability on a friend, she's got to be very close to the beneficiary, which means that the attacker may just shoot at her instead. Janking up a list to give Evaan extra focus tokens is, to quote our favorite admiral, a trap! It looks no better when you compare the ability other "help my buddy" stuff available to Rebels. For the same 4 extra points (compared to a generic), Cassian gets you the same bump in Initiative, but lets you remove a stress, for free, at range 1-3. That's almost always waaay better than an agility bump. Most of the other rebel abilities that grant bonuses are (arguably) stronger and longer ranged. Many are free to use or grant benefits to both the user and the beneficiary (like Dutch/Garven/Magva). Anyway, enough moaning about the ability. On to the question... If you were given the chance to rewrite Evaan's card, how would you do it? I'll list some ideas I've had myself below: -Keep the focus token cost, but increase the range to 0-3. Maybe also grant the benefit to both Evaan and her beneficiary. -Make the ability work on a friendly ship she has locked at range 1-3. Either add an agility or instead grant a reroll. That could be quite good, esp with an R3 astromech equipped! I would not recommend making a reroll version work like M9-G8 (able to target both friendly and enemy) as that would be waaaay too strong, esp with access to R3. I would limit it to friendly ships only if I went with the reroll. With R3, she could choose to boost two ships or boost one friendly and keep another target lock for use against enemies. -Make it a free ability, no focus required. Maybe also increase the range a bit. -Reduce/remove the cost and increase the range, but tie the ability to her primary and/or turret arcs somehow, like the HWK pilots. I don't think there's anything wrong with giving her a pretty potent ability. One thing I had hoped X-Wing 2.0 would do more is give the lower-initiative pilots stronger abilities than the higher-initiative pilots, to encourage diversity in list-building. When the high-init guys also have the best abilities for only a slightly higher price point, they're all you ever see on the table.
  1. Load more activity