All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks mate, but please don't forget that alternate force traditions (DoH, counselor splat) remains undone (if you plan to do that).
  3. I guess he pointed out the way the solved. It must be worded in a way you prevent unique like Lando/Han but doesn't mess with regular fighters not aces flying non-unique fighters either like Mithel/Howl. Anything too hard but something to be aware of. The easiest way would be to provide bullets on fighters names also but that would require errata. However, since the only named ships are the Millennium Falcon and Hera's it woui be a big deal. The Millennium Falcon is already been released again in that expansion so sneaking in an errated Han wouldn't be that hard. Hera should be wait I guess.
  4. I'd probably remove environmental gear from the Death Troopers and HQ uplink from the Scouts if it were me. If you end up with spare points again then frag grenades are awesome on snowtroopers.
  5. I've had luck with Sol Sixxa w/ Proxies & Protons. I haven't tried Nym; he seems too expensive, and his 2.0 ability is tougher to leverage. Jostero underperforms. With the 2.0 mine drop timing, his bonus shots are rarely modified. Double-tap Y-wings are definitely good for the price, but they still have trouble pushing damage through unless they're at Range 1 or named Kavil. On generics, Ion turrets may even cause more damage than Dorsals on average simply due to rolling 3 dice. Both named G-1As are fun. Captain Seevor is nasty. Moralo Eval is tricksy. Combo with Nashtah Pup for added annoyance.
  6. The issue is the law on un-intended consequences ...What I'm saying is depending on how its (a possible rules addition) worded then it could affect other cards that it was supposed to.
  7. I agree that predetermined flights/squadrons would make sense. Otherwise it gets crazy complicated and/or extremely broken. We see in the example a very thematic Advanced flanked by two fighters, but that Talon roll is nuts in terms of those fighters. Now imagine a swarm of TIE fighters with an Interceptor or Defender leading. There has to be some limitation on either the ships that make a wing or the maneuvers/actions a wing can make.
  8. If Naboo becomes its own faction, would we see Qui-Gon? I could see FFG having enough source material to do Theed & Gungans as their own unified force later down the line.
  9. Iwasaki pupil is pretty amazing. For one cost we see the effect lion pay 4 for in Kage. Also regret would cost 2 if it were lion. We have Tsuko now so all events must cost 2 more fate, it’s the FFG way.
  10. Would be a challenge to win with at a tournament, but in the hands of a truely skilled pilot?: after dabbling a bit in Mining Guilds (no longer now, with clouds out) and other stuff (e.g. Kavil, Genesis Tractor) I am still flying my learn to fly list: Sol Sixxa (46) [Ion Cannon Turret (4), Qi'ra (2), Skilled Bombardier (2), Proximity Mines (6), Seismic Charges (3)] Captain Jostero (43) 2x Cartel Executioner (44)+Marksmanship (1) Rest to taste, e.g. shield upgrade, or R3 astro on one etc Trains flying medium bases with their fat a55es, trains flying before aces, trains getting bullseye with stiff ships, trains flying Jostero so that he procs without getting damaged self. Sixxa flinging the devices that far out often catches people and their aces by surprise. Although, lately I tried the glory of 4 Arc170s (gotta use that medium base flying experience!). Waiting and hoping for a slight point decrease for the M3A Scyk pilots (or points up on quite some others!).
  11. You had me at the use of the term "Bleed" lol. I am usually also not too fussy about the phones thing as a GM mainly because the players are always looking up aliens I mention so that they can get a visual. But I agree with your sentiments here.
  12. Issue with what exactly? You mean they can't manage to make a rule, say relating how squadron names are formatted?
  13. Last time I painted a set of 5 for someone it was Power Rangers - does that count?
  14. correct: if you green dice well soontir usually die at the first shoot. you do not have alternatives:fly well or die soontir it is just 1 example of the tipical empire's ship (high cealing high rewards) i'm tired of it i'm not a competitive player.... i usually play between 6 and 8 games in a month. i always played empire but now i' m startining to think that fragile ships are not for me. probably i'm not good enough. i think to pass to rebels as other friends. They forgive you a lot more than imperials
  15. Wurms, Nice to hear from a well respected member of the Forum. I played a similar list prior to the points change was 22 wins vs 6 losses 78% win rate. Wedge Luke Thane prottorps droids R2/R3 and running variations of various talents Outmaneuver Wedge, Swarm Wedge, Marksmanship, crack shot, Predator. Since the points change had to rethink the list and the meta changed as well. Lots of i3's out there nowadays. With that in mind swarm tactics and my meager bid are wasted playing the i3's and vs i4's although it has some use I feel the points are better used elsewhere. Crack is a onetime use and I feel that marksmanship with the same trigger has more legs. I know I am not pushing more damage but can push more crits and we all know that crits are more unforgiving in 2.0 than in 1.0. I may however switch marksmanship for predator on Thane as Darlighter suggested. I can see where i5's and 6's could be a problem especially for Dutch however as I constantly tell the guys at my FLGS list building is not the be all end all, more importantly flying well has to be the number one thing to concentrate on, Range control, Rule of 13, who moves when, blocking, self bumping (not always a bad thing), arc dodging, planning your next move when your planning your current move and having the flexibility to change that plan as needed, much like chess. Dice variance aside the best lists can be defeated by lesser lists if the better list is flown incorrectly/badly. What was the list you played against and what list did you fly if I might ask? What were the decisive factors, well flown, own mistakes, bad engagement or just dumb luck (dice variance)? Thank you for your suggestions and would like to hear back from you. If you like I can also provide you with an update on how I performed at my first HS tourney. Live long and ???????? may the force be with you.
  16. I had barricada's installed for passenger safety 😛
  17. Easy to play and a max of fun by shedding some green blood. The game play should only be a bit shorter something around 45 min.
  18. Defeating both figures of one group eliminates the group and thus the Imperial Player cannot reinforce the group again but instead has to deploy the whole squad. That might make a difference in certain plays, since the imperial player may not have enough threat to deploy the entire group again but enough for a single figure to keep the pressure up. Especially with hired guns as that means you (almost) definitely get one shot in for your reinforce cost.
  19. The question is why do you need stats? is someone going to be shooting at it?
  20. When playing at any given event, you could be playing armies that may not have any reason to face each other in a 'realistic' setting that neither army would have set foot in. To take an example from another game, in Middle-Earth SBG you could take your Gondorian army to fight Hobbits at the foot of the Lonely Mountain. Crazy, right? But you get on with the game, you have fun and maybe share a laugh about the mismatched setting.
  21. 5th running at 5 ships. Will use the B-wing Grood, the X-wings Chaka and Squeaky, and the Y-wings Cmoz and Crack. Crack will take his seismic bomb and flechette torpedo. No other ordinance choices needed. All but Cmoz are PS5, Cmoz is PS4, so the lambda is shifted up. Grood has Squad leader. Beta Squad starts with the Lambda, Alpha's in the Patrol box. All rebels line up facing the Lambda. Round 1, all rebels plan a 2 straight. All in Alpha 3 straight, and barrel roll left to avoid asteroid next round. Beta-1 then straights 3 and evades. Beta-2 also straights 3 and evades. The Lambda 1 straights and focuses. The rebels move. No one shoots. Round 2, Charlie squad shows up on Tab-6, slap bank in the rebels faces. This immediately shifts the imperials to Attack AI. All rebels plan a 3 straight. All in Alpha 3 straight (darn rolling a 6!) and Alpha-1 and 3 focus, while 2 barrel rolls left to avoid the next asteroid.. All in Charlie 2 straight and focus. Beta-1 straights 5 and focuses. Beta-2 also 5 straights and focuses too. The Lambda still too far to lock, 3 straights and focuses. The rebels move. Grood bumps Charlie-1, no action. All others lock the Lambda. All fire their torpedos. Squeakys, and Crack's torpedo misses.. Chaka's takes a measly 1 shield. Grood ions and gives 1 hull to Charlie-3. Then the Lambda's return shot takes 2 shields off Cmoz, while Beta-2's shot smacks Squeaky for 3 hits, taking both of his shields and giving him 1 hull (OUCH!) Cmoz's torpedo then totally whiffs (Pity none have munition's failsafe!!). The rest of the imperials shoot. Beta-1 strips 2 shields and the Stealth device off of Chaka. Charlie-1 no shot (as is bumping Grood), however Charlie-2 takes 3 of his shields, and Charlie-3 takes a 4th.. Alpha-1 and 2 both miss, but Alpha-2 gives a 3rd hull to Squeaky. Good thing he has a hull upgrade or he'd already be dead'.. EEK! Round 3, Grood plans a 2 left bank, hoping to clear all of those in Charlie, while all the other rebels plan a 4k, hoping to get in behind the lambda and interceptors. Pity for them, all in Alpha squad try a 4k, where Alpha-1 bumps Chaka, Alpha-2 bumps into him and Alpha-3 bumps into Alpha-2. Hey its a conga line of bumping! Charlie-1 and 2 both 3 turn to the right and evade, while Charlie-3 bumps into Grood and doesn't clear his stress. Beta-1 then does a 5k, so does Beta-2. The Lambda locks Crack, then straights 1 and focuses. The rebels move, with Grood bumping the Lambda and all the others Stressing. Squeaky takes 1 shield off of the lambda, so does Chaka. Cmoz and Crack miss one of the fighters, and Grood misses Alpha-1. Man the dice for the rebels sucked in this and last round!. The imperials return fire, with Beta-2 giving a 3rd hull to squeaky, Beta-1 missing, Alpha-1 taking the last shields off of Grood, Alpha-2 giving him 2 hull, and Alpha-3 missing. None in Charlie have a shot. Round 4, things went from bad to worse, as Falcon squad shows up down over on Tab-4. Grood plans a 3 left bank, hoping to get out of all the congestion. Everyone else plans a 1 straight to clear stress, hoping the Lambda moves.. (and Squeaky can regen a shield). Alpha-1 and 3 turn to the left 2, Alpha-1 bumping the Lambda, and Alpha-3 focusing, while Alpha-2 does a 3k. Charlie-1 and 2 both do another 3 turn right, with Charlie-1 bumping Beta-1. Charlie 2 focuses. Charlie-3 then moves 1 straight, clears his ion and evades. Then Beta-1 tries a 2 right bank, bumps into Alpha-2. Falcon-1 then straights 3 and evades (too far to lock for either of them), while Falcon-2 straights 5 and barely is in range to have a shot, so focuses. Beta-2 then turns 2 right bumping Beta-1. The Lambda locks onto Grood and hard stays. So gets no action. This causes both Cmoz and Crack to bump him, so neither clear their stress, Chaka bumps Alpha-3, and Squeaky regens one shield. Grood also bumps. Squeaky has a shot on Beta-2 and damages his cockpit, dropping his PS to 0. Chaka takes 2 more shields off the Lambda, Cmoz Damages Alpha-3's engine, and Crack misses. Grood gives 2 hull damage to Alpha-1. Then the Fit hits the Shan... Beta-2 kills Grood, while after 3 fighters shoot, Squeaky also dies, and Chaka loses his last shield. Round 5, Chaka plans a 3 left bank, same for Cmoz and 2 bank for Crack, so they can try to maneuver outside the atmosphere to hyperspace away.. However, after moving, the imperials wind up killing Chaka and Cmoz. Crack's left, though 2 fighters died off.. Crack unfortunately dies off in Round 6 after failing to enter hyperspace... MAJOR imperial butt whuppin of the rebels this time.. Major! Cmoz would have earned 1xp, but would have lost both his most expensive upgrade AND his EPT. Crack would have earned 2xp, but after rolling two focuses it would have dropped to 0. Squeaky would also have earned only 2xp, halved after rolling 1 focus and a blank. Same for Grood.. Chaka made out though earning 5xp, but would have lost one of his two EPTs.... 2xp overall.. 3 wins vs 2 losses, and even in those wins, only once did they complete the secondary objectives.... Well, down to the last running... Will go with all 4 of my B-wings (Spot, Twitch, Grood and Wilt) and the X-wing Tin-Bok. As only 1 is at PS5, the rest are PS4, the Lambda is NOT shifted up in PS..
  22. There is an issue with that...depending on how its worded it you could end up affecting generics as well.... One option however is that this is early version and the actual version that is released (of the Lando card) and it will have a unique dot next to the Falcons name, and an errata to put it on Hans card as well.
  1. Load more activity