All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Extinguish works against persistent Fire effects, but I don't know of a generic/general-purpose "dispel".
  3. svelok

Aphra's Ship

I really like it and I want it in the game. No clue what it does in the comics, but they gave us BT-1 and 0-0-0, so there's no excuse. Scum could use some new crew and illicits anyways, too.
  4. I am a little bit surprised there is no follow up announcement, maybe breaking down contracts or something, that also comes with the release date. Technically quarter 3 starts in two weeks. But I am not holding my breath that it comes out in July, and I'd be shocked if the release date was September or earlier. I'd love to be wrong, though.
  5. Hiemfire

Aphra's Ship

Sit on someone's desk as the pure display piece that it is probably. More seriously (though I honestly despise that artdeco scrap heap): S&V; Large based (might be a Huge ship, I didn't find dimensions for it when I looked awhile back); dial: 2 straight and 1 banks blue, 1 straight, 2 bank and 3 straight white, 2 turns and 3 banks red; 2 bowtie (since we aren't permitted fp 3 turret primaries...); double illicit; 1 crew; 1 gunner; 1 mod; Aphra pilot ability will be some janky thing that people will ***** about loudly because it is "NPE" to their pet aces resulting in a 10+ spike in the cost of the entire chassis... More seriously, the ship belongs in a dumpster.
  6. I just picked up 2 N-1s & a B Wing at a local B&N. Now I just need an extra B-Wing dial, LOL.
  7. official alt art prize cards were pretty dope. luke, chewie, boba, biggs, han, wedge. also miss... LANCER-CLASS PURSUIT CRAFT ONLY. At the end of the Combat phase, if you executed a 3, 4 or 5-speed maneuver this round, you may rotate your mobile firing arc.
  8. Doesn't seem there is much to miss about 1.0...
  9. SabineKey

Aphra's Ship

The name of “Heavy Duty Lifter” might mean some sort ability with tractor tokens. It might end up being the Scum’s counter part to the Ghost and the Decimator. High health, no agi. It seems like it has turrets from some of the pictures, though I could see an argument that it is fore and aft facing guns. Probably two crew, though maybe not any gunners. Though as BT-1 is a gunner, it might have one. Not sure what an Ark Angel title would change about it. Maybe calculate shinnanigans?
  10. good points. they have tidied up the gameplay. thats for sure. the app has had a stuttering start. i still miss points on list cards. totally get why they had to go. points releases could be better timed than they are... part of 2.0 communication issues. im not blaming FFG for distribution issues, likely some things out of their control. more timely points updates/releases in sinc with articles could be smoother though right?
  11. I'll throw my hat in the ring and say Wulfwarro for Rebels. I think the main thing people miss about the Auzituck is that Reinforce is not the reason to take it. Sure it was busted kinds of good in 1.0, but now it's just kind of a nice-to-have sort of thing. What makes the Auzituck Great is having a 3-dice 180 full-front arc and a pretty reasonable dial. What makes Wulff crazy good is having a 4-dice 180 full-front arc. Throwing 4 and 5 dice on a platform that's harder to dodge than most turrets is crazy good. Losing shields for hull in 2.0 just made his ability that much better. I've seen janky builds that add Jan Ors to up his dice to 5 or 6, but personally I prefer to focus on defense and synergies and I fly him with Saw, Jyn, and Juke on both. Token stack of focus-evade means that you'll often go whole turns taking no damage instead of one from each attack. Of course, even naked he's a steal at his current price. I expect he'll be significant in the next extended meta, especially if he gets another price drop.
  12. 6 agility seems strong
  13. Which ships would benefit the most from passive sensors?
  14. According to the rules for Cloak in the Rules Reference (1.0.4) an page 8 you must spend a Cloak token to decloak. Since Remove ≠ Spend I would definitely say you do not do not perform a decloak move.
  15. 1.0 had epic. It was also newer then and 2.0 is still playing catch-up and having communication/distribution issues. In terms of gameplay quality though, I don't think there's anything 1.0 did better.
  16. Kieransi

Aphra's Ship

Saw a new picture of this thing in Outer Rim. what will this ship do when it comes to the game?
  17. Exactly this. Either a ship is worth its points or it isn't. There are exceptions for force multiplier like Juke and Howlrunner where the second and 3rd give you more value than the first. I wouldn't mind seeing Juke erratated to be limited, honestly, because the effect of multiple juking ships is extremely powerful but a single Juke isn't really worth 5 points. But for ships in general, I fear the "Drop prices and limit" approach because then it makes it a better value than it's worth and becomes autoinclude unless there's a substantial reason not to have it.
  18. Then I'll take you the ship. Just follow me. He then lead jexal to the jedi star.
  19. The config or pilot ability? Letting her use blues preemptively and get a little extra mileage out of them doesn't seem terribly busted to me, but what do I know? I will be extremely disappointed if the B-Wing never gets a config or at least a title for the B-6 prototype. I was astonished that it didn't have a ship ability as it's the one rebel ship most fit for one. Linked battery is a match made in heaven, though naturally they'd have to up the cost (another change that I would welcome with open arms). As is, the B-Wing is a slow and heavy jouster that doesn't feel thematic as a cannon-based ship (it literally never sees anything but Jamming Beam used and that's free). She has the same ability (and subtitle) on the VCX and Attack Shuttle because it represents her as Spectre 2. If we're going to see her as Phoenix Leader, I would fully expect her to have the same ability between the two chassis. Of course, I'm probably getting too invested here, and I know deep down that I'll likely be happy with whatever the devs decide on.
  20. Wave 1 veteran reporting in. The one thing I miss from 1.0 is the prize cards. I really dislike the 2.0 OP cards (the pilot cards are the wrong orientation, the upgrade cards get obscured) and cannot see myself ever using them but I used the 1.0 OP cards a lot.
  21. Today
  22. Pretty sure i played a E-Wing with Chewie. Had no idea about double tapping Corran so went with a lesser E-Wing pilot and got trounced by a name defender I think. Still was a lot of fun.
  23. Dude, you just cast SUMMON DARTH MEANIE!!! I liked the 1.0 dials better, I liked the challenge coins and dice bags, I liked the firespray being available in Empire. That's about all I can think of though, once I saw medium bases I was hooked on 2.0 and it's pretty much been uphill from there.
  24. I’ve played against chewie and 3 A and it’s good. Chewie hits like a truck. While you chase chewie the A’s pepper you down. And if you Chase the A’s chewie punishes you for it.
  25. Hand up who has been here since version 1.0, WAVE 1? [i have] What did 1.0 do better than 2.0? Wave releases were more exciting in 1.0. Why? Lots of reasons.... 1) Points were printed on the cards themselves so you got the points for everything the moment you opened the product. 2) It was possible to play with the new ships on the day of its official release. This meant that you could play the final round of a tournament with new ships that had been released THAT day. I did this in one local tourney after making the top2 with triple firespray squad for imperials. I got to use Chewie in a squad with new rebel ships. Your turn. What did 1.0 do better than 2.0?
  26. I'm fine with them, and still take other obstacles as needed. They're not as much of a no-brainer choice as people think, as they can do just as much for your opponent as they do for you.
  27. There's one caveat with this: since FFG dropped official play support, local games may well allow proxies of cards now, so paying extra for a few cards may no longer be needed. Does the Midwest League allow proxies or not? That's about as official as play is at the moment.
  1. Load more activity