All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It seems like just a few weeks ago, I was rolling my eyes at threads about how difficult swarms are to fly, and how they're not good, and even how bad Howlrunner is: "Her ability should be out to range 2"...
  3. Definitely this. The Padawan Survivor was based upon Kanan to begin with.
  4. I found Realms more useful in adding to the system than Shadow.
  5. looks decent. i was looking at sabine wren. with perceptive copilot u have auto evade vs first attacker. i think this is one of the interactions scum has that is very strong but not seeing play at all. this squad is more slow rolling death but very durable. iv actually found ketsu's pilot ability harder to pull off than expected, its more the title that doesn the work imo.
  6. This is simply incorrect. A character's Silhouette has no effect on how much Encumbrance it takes to carry the character. All characters can be carried for (5+ Brawn) Encumbrance regardless of them being a Sil 0 Toydarian or a Sil 2 Dowutin. It's a stupid rule, but that's the RAW.
  7. Swap swarm leader on the hired gun for Sabine in the shadow caster? Drop r4 and initiative for another gunner? Sabine Wren (Scum) (64) Perceptive Copilot (8) Shadow Caster (6) Crymorah Goon (31) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Lok Revenant (43) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Jakku Gunrunner (32) Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0
  8. While I think, the card's text is not active while attached to a Hobgoblin due to its forced effect, it would be funny, if it was: Imagine the Hobgoblin trying to loot some equipment and accidentally springing the trap.
  9. I think Jamming Beam is ok at 0 points as it's use is so specific and edge case. Good against token stackers if the jammer has a two die primary, good against reinforced ships, edge cases for IG-88 B and gunboats. Also it does no damage so I thinking ok. But I certainly don't want to see any more non-configuration / title zero point upgrades. Intact I prefer titles to have a cost, but see why the Ghost title costs zero.
  10. Thank you. Curious, does the Clone Soldier Career actually state anywhere that only Clones can take the career? (Similar to the Retired Clone Trooper Universal Specialization)
  11. was tinkering with this low initiative variant too. 2,2,2,1 int. Shadowport Hunter (60) Perceptive Copilot (8) Shadow Caster (6) Ship total: 74 Half Points: 37 Threshold: 5 Hired Gun (33) Squad Leader (6) Dorsal Turret (2) R4 Astromech (2) Ship total: 43 Half Points: 22 Threshold: 4 Lok Revenant (43) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Ship total: 51 Half Points: 26 Threshold: 5 Jakku Gunrunner (32) Ship total: 32 Half Points: 16 Threshold: 3 Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v6!s=200!128:54,,,,160:;87:131,137,,,5,,,:;146:137,,90,,,,:;143:,,,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs= it gives you a slightly sturdier jousting squad where coordinate from Hired Gun can support either SP Hunter or Lok Revenant. Its got very good firepower at close range and you can still get off two tractor token attacks thanks to shadowcaster title and jakku. i might give it a go.
  12. Interesting. I was looking for a pic like the second one you posted here. I was worried the walkers would still be too small, but now I’m thinking they might be about right.
  13. yep, i tried seevor/L337+TacticalOfficer/Ketsu+title+PerceptiveCopilot/OldT+Predator. It was pretty solid but lacked punch on offense. coordinating double focus on Ketsu was great, the best thing about the squad, just means that escape craft doesnt get mods when it fires, didnt seem like much of an issue until i needed it to chip in dmg in the end stages of the game. Seevor was pretty solid, versatile blocker butmaybe this isnt the list for him. Still tinkering. So my conclussion... after 3 games with the list was it needed another 3 atk dice ship or something more durable perhaps... jakku gunrunners could be good here as they are best at range one (3 dice) and are quite durable with 5 hull. back to your squad variant, have u played it. any luck with it? I still havent tested out Talonbane, he still might make this squad. Afterburners on him would actually be a good idea, just hard to find the points. im actually thinking kavil is maybe better than Nym as a durable bomb carrier who can also chip in damage. My thinking is he is more manuverable and should be able to take less fire while jousting. Yes his 1 def dice isnt great but hes durable enough hat as long as you dont take shots from multiple ships he should eb able to stay on the table enough to dish out some damage. Thats what the squad needs. More dmg output imo.
  14. i agree. while fortressing maybe never was a big problem, it certainly doesn't make for a fun play experience. in my opinion, it's not in line with the spirit of the game as an simulated intense dogfight in space. the same can be said for other things in the game as well, of course. such as fat han in general and ultra fat han (with luke gunner) in particular. also, all of the obstacle shenanigans, such as mining guild ties, dash rendar and grappling struts. that said, grappling struts are pretty amazingly well designed, i just don't like them, or gas clouds in general. obstacles should be obstacles, you should be extremely careful when moving around them or be punished when you are so bold as to take the risk of moving through them. please be mindful that those are just my opinions, based on my idea what is fun and great about this game. if you don't agree, i totally accept and respect that. it's also worth noting that since this isn't a rules question, this thread belongs somewhere else on these forums. probably the main forum. additionally, these forums do not work as a feedback tool for getting in contact with the game developers. to my knowledge, there is currently no direct way to forward feedback to the game developers. to express you concerns, i recommend using the general contact form or rules question form that can be found here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/customer-service/
  15. Kanan's probably more the Padawan Survivor from Dawn of Rebellion than Force Outcast, especially since they used his likeness for the spec's "iconic character" image.
  16. Today
  17. Probably been mentioned somewhere here, but one thing about VTs is they really don't fly all that well with Jedi. You can put them in a list with Jedi, but flying them in close proximity is a good way to limit your own Jedi options. They even struggle a bit in proximity with arcs since the arcs take up a lot of space (so they move faster) and actually have a better dial, In most other factions the fodder filler has a dial that works pretty well with their aces or at least most of the rest of the faction. I wonder if this is actually making a bad dial feel worse to people when they are flying them in a mixed formation. I've found they work better in a very loose/wide formation that gives space for maneuvering, and if with Jedi, coming in from separate angles.
  18. i think there is a misunderstanding here. you could still juke the defenders dice if you made an attack with snap shot, @Arma Quattro. the way the card is written (as far as we know at this moment) would mean that a ship attacking a ship with snap shot equipped cannot juke a dice the snap shot ship is rolling while defending, since that ships dice cannot be modified.
  19. Thanks for sharing this. Now I have a good place to start with my own Cad Bane.
  20. won't work. adaptive ailerons is a maneuver. if you are outside the play area after executing a maneuver, you have fled.
  21. It depends on how you define "more powerful." Padawan by itself isn't all that awesome in terms of combat, though it does offer a fairly inexpensive Force Rating talent but nothing that directly amps up Lightsaber attacks apart from Temple Training, though unlike Padawan Survivor odds are good the PC is going to have Knowledge (Lore) as a career skill. A decent chunk of their talents center around modifying skill check results in general. A PC who starts with Jedi/Padawan as their initial career/spec combo isn't going to be an innately better lightsaber combatant than a PC who starts with one of the other F&D careers and chooses a LS Form spec to begin play in. Jedi/Padawan does offer quite a broad selection of skills to choose from though, so it's not too difficult to tailor your character's starting skill load out to suit one's concept, and I'd say a Consular/Niman Disciple is about on par in the early going in terms of making a generic Jedi apprentice style of character. Knight is beefy, but a large part of that comes from having both improved Parry and Improved Reflect, while Dedication and Force Rating are both found in a separate section that's not connected to the portion focused on lightsaber-centric talents.
  22. Well, I thought I’d put them into a good position with speed 5 and then activate them with Bail beginning of the next. They can go speed 3 and attack - 6 b-wings should put a hole in most things. I did not realise it was in the FAQ. Thanks!
  23. You definitely can, I have the card and I only buy Imperials
  24. But this sort of thing could make it a problem.
  25. Nope: There are 2 base sizes, and that's all. Until they make a Nebulon, that is. That's the 1.0 way, so there would be no need for new bases in 2.0. Odds are, they had to change the bases for whatever new movement system they have devised.
  26. Fortressing has never been a problem. It never needed rules.
  1. Load more activity