All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Not too much against my list. 😉 I’d still give the Hammerheads crit upgrades and run Tycho, but you already know that. Looks good!
  3. I think it’s cool. Now I’ll have some gold dice for x-wing and can also throw in some reds when playing outer rim.
  4. Isn't Zuckuss supposed to be a Force user to some degree?
  5. That might have still been Nate French though. 😀 You can only speculate about designer's intent. But RAW I don't see any way for the rules to work that way.
  6. Thanks, yeah I did miss alot of things. Literally there was too much news this past week between all the film stuff, gaming stuff, and celebration keeping me intensely busy. Thanks!
  7. Sure thing, I'll do that video today. To sum up the card, if any of your defense tokens are discarded, you can a single blue die to one of your attacks made from the front, so you can add up to 4 blue dice if the ISD no longer has any defense tokens.
  8. Well, here's what I have in my notes for it so far. I decided to call it the Nerve system. It's been a while since I read the books, but I think it works kind of like the World of Darkness system. I just need to write a psychosis table, once I get that done I'll make a new topic with a more detailed writeup. What do you think? Any ideas for different psychosis and their effects, or how one might go about curing them? I'm also looking to make custom talents that fit into this system... this really blew up Nerve typically starts at 1 Every two strain adds one nerve (+1 strain for every two levels of cool and/or discipline) Magic threat adds nerve Cool failure adds nerve Healing two strain heals one nerve Characters can take action to heal nerve (meditate, listen to music, a reassuring word) Three nerve healed for sleep (down to one) Roll for psychosis or choose thematically appropriate, very difficult to remove 0 - Meditive (+2 boost on Intellect, Cunning, and will checks) 1 - Calm (+1 boost on checks) 2 - Uneasy 3 - Nervous 4 - Anxious 5 - Stressed (+1 setback on checks) 6 - Freaking 7 - Frightened (+2 setback) 8 - Panicking (Chance of psychosis on magic dispair) 9 - Hysterical (+1 challenge) 10 - Completely lost it (instant psychosis, return to level 6)
  9. It isn't a problem in Lion and is a major problem in Unicorn due to their swarm based tactics. Lion would love to have it back as currently we have to run Charge! In order to help push for a good game state.
  10. Back when I first played Foundations of Stone, I asked the developer if Forest Snare's text was active when a Nameless Thing attached one to itself. The answer was no, and that the Nameless Thing would still attack; so I assume that would go for Guarded cards as well.
  11. Hey a question...the way the text is on the card, it looks like it does +1 to hit, then regular 1 Damage without using a charge. If you use a charge, it looks like it does +1 to hit, +1 Damage - otherwise it might say something like "if you use a charge, you do +2 to hit and +1 Damage". But a lot of folks are saying that one charge = +2 to hit, +1 damage. Am I missing something?
  12. I would say a balanced 2 ship list is one that wins against 3 and 4 ship lists but loses to 5+ ship lists (holding player skill constant). It's tricky to maintain that balance since FFG seems to err on the side of caution in terms of overcosting generic spam swarms.
  13. Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber were introduced in Age Of Rebellion and Force & Destiny respectively - they do not appear in the Edge of the Empire CRB. Because A&A (and other 'cross-game' books like Dawn of Rebellion and the upcoming Clone Wars books) need to be compatible with all three CRBs, they include that info so you can still them use them in conjunction with EOTE if that's the only CRB you own. Same goes for the explanation on how Force symbols are presented (as this was updated when F&D came out).
  14. Lightsaber is only in FaD, and knowledge (Warfare) is only in AoR.
  15. I ran this list once and it got a 10-0 against a Raddus list (yes, 10-0, my opponent conceded) and an 8-3 against a Rieekan list, but that was because of Madine drifting his shrimps to always keep the side arcs facing the flagship. With Raddus it meant locking out 120+pts of large ship from the game, but I do admit I was very lucky that he didn't activate Raddus that turn, because "he was saving the drop for the next turn (where he could've forked two shrimps)" and with Rieekan I never had to be blocked by a zombie or harassed by dead squads. Name: Madine Shrimps v3.5 Faction: Rebel Commander: General Madine Assault: Opening Salvo Defense: Planetary Ion Cannon Navigation: Dangerous Territory MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • General Madine (30) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Proton Torpedoes (5) • Admonition (8) = 110 Points MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Proton Torpedoes (5) • Foresight (8) = 80 Points MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Proton Torpedoes (5) = 72 Points MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Proton Torpedoes (5) = 72 Points Squadrons: • 4 x YT-2400 (64) = 64 Points Total Points: 398
  16. Make any more of these lately? I love the i2 TIE Bomber generic art... Also Thane's art is awesome. It makes me really happy that it's actually a scene from the book.
  17. I’m confused about the “New Skills” section. Aren’t Knowledge (Warfare) and Lightsaber (Brawl) found in the core books already? (The section claims that the two skills are not found in all three core rulebooks.)
  18. I love theming my armies, whatever game I'm playing. Sometimes that's easier said than done, and unfortunately Legion is one of those times. It's easy enough to handwave Snowtroopers away as grenadiers/engineers/HEV troopers or whatever though, and just giving them a base scheme consistent with the rest of your force goes a long way to tying them in: And of course, using a slightly tan colour for the coats allows you to do the same with the Shoretroopers, tying them in as well. Shoretroopers of course, not being limited to coastal regions, but rather anywhere where freedom of movement might be important such as swamps, dense forest, etc. Kind of like a hybrid scout unit. Now, it gets a little squiffy since the Shoretroopers use an element of camouflage in their armour, which begs the question why don't other troops? Scout troopers in particular look like they could benefit from some camouflage. Maybe the snowtroopers DO use camo armour, but we only ever saw them on Hoth so we couldn't tell? And it'd be nice to have variant troopers for the heavy weapons, but I think it's fair to say that would be sunk money on FFGs end, and for those of us really bugged by it we can always pick something up from shapeways.
  19. Sideboard is where in a tournament, in between games, you can excange cards with the main deck. MTG is Magic the Gathering.
  20. Just to clarify, this only applies to enemies that “physically“ get into your engagement area and not for enemies you are “considered to be engaded with“.
  21. There is a card for emboldened. [image] "At the end of your turn, if there are no nearby enemies, discard this boon. "If you suffer damage or fear, discard this boon" "When you attack, add 2 hits" The only place I know you can become emboldened is making a spirit test at a table (Page 25 Part 98 of the rules). My box, though I preordered doesn't arrive until the 25th 😓 so maybe there are more places in the game but I'm unaware. Image pulled from FFG's, Become Legend news article.
  22. @The Jabbawookie How about this version? Is the 20pt bid too much? Name: Sato Anti-2-ship v2.0 Faction: Rebel Commander: Commander Sato Assault: Opening Salvo Defense: Hyperspace Assault Navigation: Solar Corona MC30c Scout Frigate (69) • Commander Sato (32) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Assault Proton Torpedoes (5) • XI7 Turbolasers (6) • Admonition (8) = 124 Points Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Disposable Capacitors (3) • External Racks (3) • Task Force Organa (1) = 47 Points Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Disposable Capacitors (3) • External Racks (3) • Task Force Organa (1) = 47 Points Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette (36) • Ordnance Experts (4) • Disposable Capacitors (3) • External Racks (3) • Task Force Organa (1) = 47 Points Squadrons: • 6 x YT-2400 (96) • Jan Ors (19) = 115 Points Total Points: 380
  23. Played against a sinker w/ shield ug and vtg, tucker with pockets, and 4 v19 generics. Sinker, white br and evade defines the point cost. Deceptively solid little buggers @25 pts with a reroll on attack. I barely won and mostly on rock placement and approach. Flew Jake (cs pred), 2x ps1 (cs), Han light (r2, Leia, EU)
  1. Load more activity