All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. i feel the RZ-1 A-Wing is going to get a real nice buff near the end of July with the return of its best pilot "Psycho" Tycho Celchu since we got a big hint that card packs are going to be announced at GenCon
  3. Lowering the floor with Vultures to 19 and the cost of Struts to 1 made perfect sense. They'll need that breathing room to stay on the table with Hyenas and TIE/FOs running amuck. Really surprised that the floor didn't lower on TIE/ln, Syck, or Z's by a point as well. I guess Seps need something special. EDIT: Juke to 7 was.... annoying for me. I'd really like to feel like I could use the strategy of Juke on a ship that doesn't get a free evade, like my A-Wings or TIE/ln, but I guess its a matter of programming priority. Or maybe even just game design priority. Oh, well. Maybe later.
  4. The Scyk or cannon and Missiles should come.down a few points. I really want initiave scaling on lock based Torpedos and Missiles. It makes so much sense and should open up Munitions on low and mid initiave ships. Good to see the changes that were made (Dreadloks seems especially targeted, and to a greater extent than other popular lists) I hope to find the Khiraxz more useful, at 38 it's a solid piece for a list and I want to try Sabine or Asajj in the Shadowcaster.
  5. I was actually surprised Leia was only 19 and not 20+. If she doesn't utterly dominate the Resistance meta, then she'll probably stay the same or maybe even go down a couple points. As for the others, I think the costing is mostly to prevent cumulative abuse.... Four Transports with a combination of all these nasty tricks with the new crew could be... unbearable to play against. Not necessarily OP in an damage output sense. Just unbearably weird and not X-Wing feeling. Just a hunch.
  6. Through wedding, it isn't that unusual. But the other ways are more rare.
  7. Angled Deflectors (52) "Redline" [TIE/ca Punisher] (13) Proton Torpedoes (6) Angled Deflectors Points: 71 (47) Lieutenant Sai [Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle] (4) ST-321 Points: 51 (67) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1] (2) Fire-Control System (6) Afterburners Points: 75 Total points: 197
  8. Yup Yup ! Quick recovery, Healing Rain, (but cost an action), etc ...
  9. Isn't that just taking a TL + having force with extra steps though? EDIT: Yeah, with CLT specifically focus + TL is much better than TL + force, as get one guaranteed focus result with CLT, so you need a focus to modify anything you roll on your 2 regular dice. I mean, of course, it has more flexibility, but you're still paying 6 points per Jedi Knight for that.
  10. Dash caused a lot of problems around Xmas/Jan time in tournaments. The devs are right in their pricing of him. We dont want to go back to that. I agree with their pricing of ID. And dropping the slot off the Falcon. They are trying to stop Rebel players card-comboing.
  11. Lemmiwinks86

Lying in Wait

In fact, in the RRG under Aim you can find an explicit rule that tells you that you can reroll the same die, the only restriction is that you cannot reroll the same die twice with a single aim token: Page 13: "A unit can reroll the same die multiple times by spending multiple aim tokens; however, each die can only be rerolled once per aim token."
  12. I think the homesteading rules work best here and I would have the player make mechanics/computer checks to ensure things are in production.
  13. I've enjoyed Afterburners on Ion Turret Kestal - lets her zip around to the flank/rear of the enemy and do her thing, and can help keep the sideways arc pointing in the right direction. I think that's just 44 points after the new points changes.
  14. I flew this earlier tonight against some Imperials (Vader, Maarek, Jendon, and a generic TIE Aggressor with missiles) and had fun: Han Solo (Scum) (54) Zuckuss (2) L3-37 (4) Hotshot Gunner (7) Ship total: 67 Half Points: 34 Threshold: 6 Zealous Recruit (44) Ship total: 44 Half Points: 22 Threshold: 2 Zealous Recruit (44) Ship total: 44 Half Points: 22 Threshold: 2 Gand Findsman (41) Fire-Control System (2) Ship total: 43 Half Points: 22 Threshold: 5 Total: 198 Most people who run the Scum YT-1300 seem to go for Han with Trick Shot for that delicious 5-dice attack. However, with Trick Shot going up in price, gas clouds everywhere, and my questionable ability to actually line up Trick Shot when I need to, I've been thinking about alternatives recently. Plus I wanted to try Zuckuss, who hasn't seen much play, and the 1300 seemed like one of the better carriers for him. I won, and it performed reasonably well, although I wouldn't necessarily expect it to win tournaments. Han is less powerful, but a bit more consistent. Zuckuss helped push a damage through more than once, which was nice (including the final shot on Vader!). Hotshot Gunner made Han's attacks somewhat annoying even when they were only two dice. Variants I might try would be different wingmen (you could fit another Fang instead of the Gand, but I only own two - although honestly the Gand did okay); or maybe changing Han to Lando+Title+Hotshot+L3-37, if you want to punish stress instead of parking behind rocks, or you prefer re-rolling your own dice to theirs.
  15. zeromoon17

Lying in Wait

You can reroll a reroll as much as you'd like and have aim tokens for. There's nothing in the rules reference that prevents it.
  16. I think this would be quite unusual. Generally lords will have samurai of their own family serving them. Clan and family loyalties being very strong. Also every samurai has a lord so you would have to ask why he is no longer serving them so that he can serve another clans lord. There are instances when it can happen though. Especially for player characters. Samurai will go to the wall to assist the crab sometimes. The Scorpion offered to send an army in support and the crab seem to be overly demanding when it comes to control over troops from other samurai stationed in the wall. So I guess that is a possibility. Or if the players became emerald yoriki or magistrates. They would now be serving the emerald champion or another emerald magistrate directly. If they became Ronin and then swore to another lord. But then they had better have a pretty good reason the new lord would want to employ a Ronin.
  17. That is so not cool. Freakin greedy EA. The skins look the same for every class...
  18. Just realized techno union bombers are "Tubs" and that's adorable
  19. As much as I would like them, it wont happen. Theatres run on the business of showing as many viewings as possible with as little turnaround. Intermissions put a hamper on this. As the technology has changed, intermissions are also not needed. There are no longer film reels to change.
  20. Connor Nets are still 6 points; the same cost as Proximity Mines but they only have a single charge. I don't think I've seen a single list that uses them. Also, generic TIE Punishers still at a massive 38 points for 2/1/6/3, and need 8+ points of upgrades to make them even slightly useful.
  21. I suspect they will find their way into future packs for all factions. I wouldn't be surprised if we see force guidance with a model like Kanan.
  22. Based on the ship count you supplied, I would personally change the list like so: _______ Sinker Mini-swarm (54) "Sinker" [ARC-170 Starfighter] Points: 54 (42) 104th Battalion Pilot [ARC-170 Starfighter] (14) Chancellor Palpatine Points: 56 (38) Jedi Knight [Delta-7 Aethersprite] (2) Calibrated Laser Targeting Points: 40 (25) Gold Squadron Trooper [V-19 Torrent Starfighter] Points: 25 (25) Gold Squadron Trooper [V-19 Torrent Starfighter] Points: 25 Total points: 200 _______ Sinker's multiplicative ability makes him competitively far more valuable than two 7th Gunners, and easier to use. Palp control from the 2nd ARC confuses target priority and allows you to be extremely aggressive with your second heavy fighter. CLT on the Jedi is a staple if you're not running 7b, where Mediation can be good as well but rather as a secondary priority only when other important components already exist in the list. Overall, great start! Good luck!
  23. It's not except that one might think that other upgrades would be ignored for this purpose as well and I wanted to confirm that was not the case.
  24. Now that the initial "OMG DooooOoooOOom!" reaction has passed most players are ready to happily ignore angled deflectors. Of course that just makes me want to tinker with it. With that in mind I'm not just posting the list below for critique, but ask that everyone post their own lists integrating AD. Let's make this upgrade situationally functional people! Obi-Wan Kenobi (47) Battle Meditation (10) R4 Astromech (2) Calibrated Laser Targeting (4) Squad Seven Veteran (46) Elusive (3) Seventh Fleet Gunner (9) R2 Astromech (3) Angled Deflectors (6) Squad Seven Veteran (46) Elusive (3) Seventh Fleet Gunner (9) R2 Astromech (3) Angled Deflectors (6) Total: 197 The basic concept is obvious; use battle meditation to grant each ARC a second action to gain a reinforce token. With a bit of luck, the big guys can make it through the initial engagement with minimal dings and live long enough to disengage and recharge ... well everything. Post your lists. Kibitz. Enjoy.
  25. I pretty much agree on what have been said, the Rebel A-wing as no niche inside the rebel faction: - For a blocker you can bring a z-95 for 7 points less o go to a Blue Pathfinder U-wing that can carry a crew, and is medium size base. Also the 5s + boost is not that great for blocking, because if a) you land the block the rest of you squadron is probably R3, so not so great opportunity to do meaningful damage and b) if you miss the block (or the opponent sees it) you have a 4hp ship sitting R1 of the enemy formation. - It lacks firepower to be an effective flanker. 2 red dice are not gonna hurt to much. The talents are supposed to help compensate for this, but in such a fragile ship you don't want to spend too much on them: Outmaneuver (6), juke (7), Proton rockets (8). Cheaper talents like Crack Shot and Predator require bullseye, that is not easy to land on low I pilots. - It's a lousy arcdodger (what?): The thinks are fast, but they are not great arcdodgers like the Interceptor o Silencer. First low In, second lacks the option to link barrel roll to mod, so generally even if you dodged the arc (of a lower In ship) you are now with 2 unmodded red dice. Comparing them with the RZ-2 is very unfair, because the -2 is the only "cheap" ship in the resistance, and Heroic + Advanced Sensors help a lot to mitigate variance and finally the back arc gives them a great uptime on the targets.
  26. It is technically possible, yes. Some upgrades added to a ship can enable other cards to be added that are normally restricted. So (in the app) as long as you put the shield upgrade on the ship first, that should enable Angled Deflectors to be equipped to it. Curious, how is this relevant? Uahgreed. Its going to be a poor choice on a ship with 3 agility, and FFG knows this, which is why its cheaper the more agility the ship has. For small ships, it will be better on ships like the HWK, or a Y-wing (if you have the points, 6 on a Y-wing is a fair amount)
  1. Load more activity