All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I understand the theory, I just don’t see the point as it only works if the opponent sets up 90* to the board edge at exactly range 1. Deploy rotated a few degrees and it’s useless.
  3. It's more art than science. I really don't think you'll get a perfect algorithm, as there are simply too many variables. But if you really, really want to try, what I would do is determine what you think is the ideal "standard" command tool for infantry, for archers, for cavalry, and for heavy—a normal mix of turns/charges/initiatives/etc. For example, infantry would probably have, a move 1/2/3 on initatives 3/4/6 with the option to charge or turn-charge at -1, an attack on 4 with a +1 hit or +1 surge, a shift on initiative 6, and so forth. Then look at the proposed dials, and rate them on how much better or worse they are than the standard you've chosen, and adjust appropriately. But as I said, no algorithm is going to be perfect, even if you managed to get the dials portion of the algorithm flawless. It can get you into the ballpark, but it's not going to be fine-tuned—that's where the art comes into play, and there's no getting around it. There are simply too many variables to consider, and you have to consider how each piece fits into the larger whole. For example, suppose you're designing a new archer unit, and you want it to have a 4x1 configuration. In this configuration, a training slot would probably add ~15% to the cost by itself, as this would allow you to get Rank Discipline. But if this unit, for some unholy reason, comes with precise 1, that training slot is far less valuable. Yes, you can still get Close Quarters Targeting, but that's actually less useful on this unit than it normally is: this unit loses threat quickly, and it's most likely to get hit by a combination late-turn charge followed by a regular melee attack, which in most units happens before missile fire. The unit is probably going to be down to threat two or below before CQT comes into play, and may even be eliminated. It's weighing factors like this that brings the art into play. And my experience says that by the time you've gotten the unit working the way you want it to, you've got a decent feel for what it should cost, and only have to do a bit of fine-tuning to it.
  4. This. Add jam action. When you perform a jam action, you may only jam ships in your (V) at a range of 1-2.
  5. I am 100% down for double wide, single long, epic bases for the Nubian shuttle.
  6. My body is ready for the 3 point Jerrijord meta.
  7. When I proposed a squad restriction I also considered a restriction of objectives. But I immediately discarded the idea. Objectives have to compete with first player advantage. To restrict those very few that can actually face first player advantage will increase bidding wars and thereby the match up lottery.
  8. Today we're dipping into Legends with one of the original major antagonists of the Clone Wars back in the days of the EU:
  9. I fall for janky stuff and I haven't tried it even once. Should tell us all something....
  10. God I hope at least one of my factions gets the new Leia-ing Will it be 17 Vulture 2 ESC? Alphas at 28? SF gunner to free? What will be the 'Overpriced card that gets buffed into thevstratosphere' this time? Will it ever happen outside of the R factions?
  11. Haven't noticed any at my last hyperspace trial
  12. So you think about something like this? Lok Revenant (43) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Lok Revenant (43) Dorsal Turret (2) Veteran Turret Gunner (6) Cartel Executioner (44) R5-P8 (4) Drea Renthal (42) Dorsal Turret (2) R4 Astromech (2) Shield Upgrade (4) Total: 200 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0
  13. Well, this will be great... I should have paid more attention to Metsuro-sensei than my firefly. Hekasu swings the bokken to either side, testing its weight and setting his grip. He steps up alongside Koharu and gives her a slight nod. "At your side, General Koharu." He shifts one foot back, lowering his shoulder, and looking across the tip of his blade at Fei, and then gives the slightest smirk.
  14. The J type barge is definitely epic, one of its features is those four tubes on the wings, which can dock the rear finial of an N1 to support its wingmates in long distance hyperjumps. So it's like, 6 N-1s wide at least, which makes it questionable for large base at best. I do wonder whether with the introduction of the CW factions we're going to see a wide base for epic, because so many of the Naboo ships in particular are wide rather than long.
  15. The Rule of Eleven; my simian intellect just can't grok it.
  16. Haven't had a chance to try this yet but could be fun...or could be horrible. Delta-7 Aethersprite - •Obi-Wan Kenobi - 70 •Obi-Wan Kenobi - Guardian of the Republic (53) R2 Astromech (4) Battle Meditation (13) V-19 Torrent Starfighter - Gold Squadron Trooper - 32 Gold Squadron Trooper - (25) Proton Rockets (7) V-19 Torrent Starfighter - Gold Squadron Trooper - 32 Gold Squadron Trooper - (25) Proton Rockets (7) V-19 Torrent Starfighter - Gold Squadron Trooper - 32 Gold Squadron Trooper - (25) Proton Rockets (7) V-19 Torrent Starfighter - Gold Squadron Trooper - 32 Gold Squadron Trooper - (25) Proton Rockets (7) Total: 198/200 View in the X-Wing Squad Builder
  17. Ha! Same here. *Laughs in collision detector* I always bring 3 gas cloud for that express purpose now.
  18. If I was a jedi, I would have a gun arm with a light bayonet.
  19. Naboo Royal Starship. The J-type 327 Nubian Starship from Episode I that gave birth to R2-D2, which at 76 meters long would most likely be an Epic-sized ship: Naboo Royal Cruiser. If that's not confusing enough, whoever was in charge of Star Wars ship designations decided to call this one the J-type Diplomatic Barge. This is the thing that got blown up at the beginning of Episode II, and is also probably epic in scale: The fly af H-type Nubian Yacht, also from Episode II, which could easily be a large-base ship (it's only slightly longer than a VCX-100): For Episode III we're back to yet another J-type, this time a Star Skiff. This one doesn't have an official Star Wars databank entry, so... ??? At any rate, it's wider than the H-type is long, but still checks in under 50 meters, so more likely to be scaled down to fit a large base than scaled up to fit Epic: Edit: Ninja'd, but posted anyway, because I enjoy shiny things
  20. Sure, maybe they can do that by turn 3 or 4 but the game has probably been decided by then. You'll lose half your corps units by that point in the game.
  21. It's so useless I don't take it at zero points. I might and -1 points, though.
  22. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm entirely unfamiliar with the garrote chrono, particularly since I expect it is in the spy sourcebook, which I have (currently away from books). I used the following thread for inspiration:
  23. Basically the only strong uses of it are a: blocking a torpedo shot by stripping the lock and b: removing a Reinforce. i've used it for the latter on Maul, which is useful because he still gets a primary shot,a nd everyone else gets shots too, but mostly it's still a completely useless upgrade.
  24. based on the most recent data, it looks like the real question is what does not win against this list!
  25. He certainly showed it here. The gentleman doth protest too much. "How often the angry man rages denial of what his inner self is telling him." That bolded part are patently false, based on his own internal thoughts that we get to read. He thinks, because his emotions operate differently from those of the people he knows, that he has perfect control of them, when his every action to date has proven that untrue. As for his skill... whatever skill he has, clarity of vision isn't part of it. At no point do we see him really grasping the bigger picture- he inevitably lets himself get bogged down in minutiae. Moreover, he could easily have found an opportunity to calm matters, rather than exacerbate them. It would have cost him nothing to try- Taka's there as a supplicant. But he indulged himself. He also seems to think the cracking mask of Crane preeminence must be maintained even though that preeminence is currently in absolute tatters- heck, look at the Clan letter. He can list enemies, but the only allies he can cobble up as worthy of mention are a Minor Clan. Moreover, it wasn't just the jade he turned down. He shot down every proposal Taka made as curtly and rudely as possible. More than jade was discussed, and Yoshi made sure to make every denial as smarmily as possible. He also played into Taka's expectations with every word he uttered- being incredibly predictable takes no skill. He also displayed either ignorance of or contempt for the person he was speaking to in that conversation, neither of which the Clan or the increasingly-troubled Empire can afford from a person with his responsibilities. You want skill? Kakita Asami showed skill, and how to play a weak hand well. Yoshi shows how to overcompensate for a weak hand by making a bluff that will inevitably be called because you gave your opponent no other choice. Yoshi is a fool. Well-placed, well-connected, and knowledgeable about what goes on at court- which makes his folly dangerous. He's certainly the best friend the Mantis could have asked for. Which, as I have also said numerous times, is fine, because we're not at the part of the story where wise authority improves matters- we're still watching the wheels wobble before they come flying off of the trolley. Much like the Elemental council squabbling myopically, or Kachiko (speaking of fools, boy is she playing the part at present..) playing her games without knowing the board state... Now, the Lion letter- MAN is poor Toturi getting edged out of his Clan's affairs hard and fast. Ikoma are Not Nice People. Ujiaki knows how to cut a guy's legs out from under him with seeming praise.
  1. Load more activity