All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. AlexW

Inert Fat Han

I mean, if all his games were like that, sure. But I just don't see a lot of 200-0 wins this edition, and certainly not from a list that people are arguing one of the weaknesses is "low firepower."
  3. The Star Wars Fan Code Trailers lead to Excitement Excitement Leads to Speculation Speculation leads to Expectations Expectations lead to Disappointment Disappointment leads to Anger Anger leads to Hate Through Hate, your Fandom is Broken.
  4. svelok

Inert Fat Han

If a pilot had an ability that read "after setup, you must flip a coin - on a heads, you win the game, on a tails, you lose.", it would be miserable and ruin every event it showed up to. But it would virtually never win an event with a top cut.
  5. All that really shows is who posts on the forums Yes, sharing it more widely will help. Causal players will not usually stop in here.
  6. Sixter

Inert Fat Han

If it turns out to be a difficult list to perform with, then what is the problem? Then you simply find a way to take Jake out, get half points on Han, split your fire so you get at least one shot on Han while he spends all his shields on Inertial Dampeners etc.
  7. I think the RAI is that Water Fist should work with Sharpened Ki, but due to how the Kiho is written it doesn't. If Water Fist was errataed to replace "...your Attack checks using the punch and kick unarmed profile ignore..." with "...your unarmed punch and kick profiles have the ability to ignore..." everything would be as I believe intended. It is important to remember that following the curriculum is the fastest way to spend XP in order to rank up, but not necessarily the best way to spend XP. Curriculum are not straight jackets and you can buy Flame Fist, Earth Fist and Air Fist during Rank 1 just like any other Rank 1 character with Kiho access. School abilities, Starting techs and Privileged Tech accesses tend to be the primary factors in determining how each school differs from others with the same role. There are a lot of good Kiho that the Taoist Swordsman can get good use out of even without reliably using burst effects. In most cases the first part of Ki Sharpening isn't really important, its the second part which grants free bonus successes for burst effects which I am glad is limited to by Ki Sharpening's narrowness. Each Tattoed Monk is limited to 6 Kiho that they can easily or auto burst with over their life, while in theory a Taoist Swordsman could auto burst an infinite amount of Kiho as long as they modify the unarmed profiles. Currently Breaking Blow, Freezing the Lifeblood, Water Fist and Death Touch are the only Kiho that a Taoist can't use effectively while wielding their one-handed weapon of choice. The only real losses I see from these 4 Kiho are Breaking Blow (can't use this to cut boulders or strip people naked ☹️) and Water Fist.
  8. Each surge only gives + 0.125 which is the 12.5% chance of rolling 1 on a d8. So I think I’m right, unless I’m not seeing what your saying.
  9. I don't need exact numbers, but I am curious as to how different this is from the regular Z-95. Anything on how they suggest you manage XP on this?
  10. Tlfj200

Inert Fat Han

That's the takeaway you got from the discussion here?
  11. I don't think this is power creep. Namely in that the Republic can't use Luke and the Rebellion currently can't use Kenobi. Luke's in a great spot right now and no releases planned are going to shove him out of it. Rebels have a hard time using Luke as their only commander as it's easy for him to get isolated due to how close he wants to operate and that rebel units melt if they try to keep pace with Luke. Without knowing how effective Kenobi's command cards are, it's hard to judge him right now. What I can say is that the higher defense of clone troopers better facilitates an aggressive playstyle where Kenobi will be in the thick of it.
  12. When we did a quick build tournament, we used 1 threat = 25 points for scoring purposes. We also played it as a 10 threat game, because someone convinced the TO that was the equivalent of 200 points. There were a lot of problems with scoring and I don’t think anyone even brought a two ship quickbuild. My advice is, decide on your rules ahead of time and put them out to everyone the week before. Also, consider banning two ship quickbuilds just for your own ease of scoring.
  13. Sense could be of interest. I'll look into it. SDevice: well. I feel that it save me 1-2 rounds of damage. Would Shield Upgrade a better choice? Maybe. But with the xtra dice + Brilliant Evasion, these guys are tough to scratch paint off them.
  14. For reference. Tournament Regulations : Pg 3 : Squad Building
  15. JJ48

Inert Fat Han

This right here is precisely what's wrong with the design philosophy of the game. The Falcon's pretty nimble for a craft its size, but it shouldn't be more maneuverable than purpose-built fighters. Again, who said anything about it being an auto-win? It could be the worst list in the game and I would still fault FFG for enabling it to exist.
  16. No, costing a little extra XP is not discouraging taking out of career specs. If they wanted to discourage the taking of out of career specs, they would have either restricted characters to only in career specs, or they would have made the cost much, much higher to take an OOC spec. It should be noted that the majority of my PCs in different campaigns I'm playing in have at least one Out of Career spec, if not more. One of them has five specs, only one of which is an In Career spec. So, no, taking out of career specs is not discouraged at all. Having them cost a little extra XP is normal for any game system that uses any form of "class" structure.
  17. I ended up just ruling "add the total health on the quickbuild card. If they got to half or more of that number, they get half points" which led to a brobot on 2 and a brobot on 7 giving up zero points! yay!
  18. jagsba

Inert Fat Han

What if I lost the bid but could still just shoot the opponent's ace every turn? And can accept bumps and still move my arc?
  19. Do You Own Huge Ships Already? Yes 1 of each. Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables? I played. Only about 8-10 games but wished it was more. Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)? Yes. Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions? Yes. What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0? All of it. I have over 90 ships and I want to see all of them in action at once. Epic is the closest way to do that.
  20. Yes, the one-on-one apprenticeship only lasts for a few years, but not the full apprenticeship, not the full training. From the time a potential Jedi enters the Order to knighthood, that lasts for over 20 years, in most cases. You can't base how long a "generation" of Jedi is based upon only the one on one training. If that were the case, then a "generation" could even last only a few months (look at Luke).
  21. Btw I forgot to mention: torani's ability doesn't trigger jostero on the ship she's shooting, because it's still defending (but if she shoots another ship then her bullseye damage can trigger him)
  22. Well considering that outsiders are technically barred from the Empire and the Celestial Order with the Emperor as its divine representative on Earth is the official religion of the Empire I'm guessing it won't go over well.
  23. I think that at the skirmish level that Legion operates in, Scum is entirely possible. I think they could pull this off by having Scum's faction identity consist of a number of sub factions. So all of their units are the 'Scum and Villainy' faction but different groups of them have loyalty key words that interact with each other. So if you want to run an all Crimson Dawn squad you get rewarded with greater loyalty, but if you run a tenuous alliance of different cartels you end up with more flexibility but more chances for betrayal and desertion.
  24. No? The system discourages (mildly) takign out-of-career specs, because it costs more experience to do so. And, I think there was a podcast where one of the developers said they assume something like 300 experience to be a complete campaign, which is not all that much, and certainly not enough to cause out-of-career specs to be inevitable. Now I will say it's not a very heavy discouragement though, but it's clearly trying to make you stay within the bounds of one career to get a coherent vision for your character. The Signature Abilities too are meant as rewards for people who do that. And yes, fluffwise Soresu is heavily about defense, but the talent in Soresu Defender is also called *Soresu Technique*. Clearly, it alone is meant to represent the fundamentals of the form, with everything else being additional mastery. I also never said that Outcast was supposed to replace the entire tree, like you seem to be implying here. The key point that I want to make is that "it is weird that the Jedi spec, which is intended to provide a baseline to build any classic jedi, does not allow additional lightsaber forms by default". WIth that sole exception, it does its job perfectly; It has the basic parry, reflect, and improved versions of both, with Lightsaber Throw in there for good measure. It's all you need, except for the ability to use any form with it (mechanically, as you can fluff it however you want). I'm honestly not quite sure what your point actually is... What Outcast is doesn't matter, it's not meant to match up with any of the form trees.
  1. Load more activity